[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by PowerWyrm
    Just prevent tele level on quest levels?
    Tele-level has always been prevented on town quest levels, and random dungeon quests aren't failed by tele-level, except in coffee-break mode where tele-level in such a situation is prevented by a different mechanic. So it's only an issue in the case of non-random dungeon quests (like Warg Quest, or more commonly Troll Slayer and Giant Slayer). I will prevent monsters from casting tele-level in such quests, without preventing the player from tele-leveling to safety.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Autoget behaves funny with warning. If you hit a trap then press no it'll try and do the same thing till you select yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • PowerWyrm
    replied
    Just prevent tele level on quest levels?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Bucephalus
    * Failing quests after getting level teleported seems kinda cheap. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I know there was a similar issue with (d)evolving quest nemeses and time lords, so it might be a thought. (I'm looking at you, nexus hounds.)
    Yeah, that's annoying, I'll make that not happen. (It will still be possible to intentionally tele-level out of a dungeon quest, of course.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bucephalus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    If you have any doubts, you can always pick some unexciting vanilla option that isn't specific to casters (e.g. unyielding, fleet of foot, evasion, potion chugger, sacred vitality).
    I'll second Fleet of Foot. I think it's hands down the best mutation.

    Also, thanks for the congrats, Sideways. After my first win, I wanted to weigh in on a few points:


    * Failing quests after getting level teleported seems kinda cheap. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I know there was a similar issue with (d)evolving quest nemeses and time lords, so it might be a thought. (I'm looking at you, nexus hounds.)

    * While we're on the topic, you can (indefinitely?) shuffle your skills as a wild talent by deliberately getting blasted by these guys, or fumes, or what have you. My personal moral strictures allow for this sort of thing, but other players might find it scummy.

    * Cockatrices are the #^$&ing worst.


    In all other respects, I think you've made real strides. It seems like nobody plays vanilla anymore, so on behalf of the community, keep it up!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwarl
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    Thanks for the support!

    If he completes his new tileset I'll be happy to add it in the game. I'm not really a tileset person, though; if he needs a maintainer's active help he should ask Gwarl.
    As if I play with tiles!

    I think the problem is that when Chris did away with the flavour system for jewellery and devices a lot of the tiles the OP produced became redundant. As much as I want to reintroduce the flavour system for devices that is no short order and it's difficult to see how it could be reintroduced for rings with the egos working the way they do. Both things are also connected to the problem of the broken ID game which I have yet to settle on a solution to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by TauzentBlitz
    Which is a good 2nd demigod-power for a caster psion to get? I got subtle casting at level 20, and I'm getting close to level 40 where I can get another one. I was thinking fell casting, but I don't know if it actually effects psion spells.
    Fell Sorcery does affect psion spells, but it's not a huge effect. If you have any doubts, you can always pick some unexciting vanilla option that isn't specific to casters (e.g. unyielding, fleet of foot, evasion, potion chugger, sacred vitality). It's hard to go completely wrong on a demigod psion

    Leave a comment:


  • TauzentBlitz
    replied
    Which is a good 2nd demigod-power for a caster psion to get? I got subtle casting at level 20, and I'm getting close to level 40 where I can get another one. I was thinking fell casting, but I don't know if it actually effects psion spells.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Werd
    Love this varient! Would you consider working with this guy for new tiles? http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...0&postcount=15
    Thanks for the support!

    If he completes his new tileset I'll be happy to add it in the game. I'm not really a tileset person, though; if he needs a maintainer's active help he should ask Gwarl.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Thank you! Now I just need more hours in the day to play...

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    What option is it to activate the Item drop source in the Char Dump?
    I might be blind, but it doesn't seem to be obvious.
    always_dump_origins. (Since it appears to be a popular option, I'll make it a default setting in the next version.)

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    What option is it to activate the Item drop source in the Char Dump?
    I might be blind, but it doesn't seem to be obvious.

    Leave a comment:


  • Werd
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    Available here, with the source code, precompiled Windows full game (without the source code) and precompiled Windows .exe. (Windows users who download the .exe should also download the source code, but not the full game, which would be superfluous. Windows users who download the full game won't need to download any other files.)

    Savefiles are unidirectionally compatible between 7.0.mango and previous versions of FrogComposband; that is, you can upgrade from 7.0.peppermint or even 7.0.strawberry to 7.0.mango in the middle of a game, but you can't downgrade from mango back to strawberry or peppermint.

    Many thanks to everyone who played 7.0.peppermint! The feedback, and seeing all the different ways people approach the game, has been invaluable. I'm sorry if I haven't had the time and energy to respond to everyone, fix every bug or address everybody's concerns; the game is really big, and the mountain of suggestions and bug reports has been almost equally big, and I only have the one pair of hands. (Possibly I should try a Xorn.)

    All requests, suggestions, bug reports and constructive criticism are very welcome. Good luck everybody, and have fun!
    Love this varient! Would you consider working with this guy for new tiles? http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...0&postcount=15

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by TauzentBlitz
    The Ring race's identify spell seems to be broken. It'll ask what to identify but after I select something it'll take the mana and a turn and not actually identify the item.

    Also, I think the ring's default point allocation should have strength and charisma swapped. Right now it has 10 points in strength, which is fairly useless for a character with no melee attack, and -2 for charisma which is extremely important for acquiring and holding onto mounts.
    Thanks, located the bug with Identify, will look into the default point allocation later.

    Leave a comment:


  • TauzentBlitz
    replied
    The Ring race's identify spell seems to be broken. It'll ask what to identify but after I select something it'll take the mana and a turn and not actually identify the item.

    Also, I think the ring's default point allocation should have strength and charisma swapped. Right now it has 10 points in strength, which is fairly useless for a character with no melee attack, and -2 for charisma which is extremely important for acquiring and holding onto mounts.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕