[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wobbly
    replied
    I wanted to use a figurine on my dragon & didn't because without hands I couldn't store it. Could weaponless monsters gain a capture ball slot? Not sure how awkward that is to add.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bucephalus
    As far as 'Gouge' goes, this is what Chris said: " ...most hits do 1x damage, but occasionally, you get a 2x "gouge" or, if lucky a 3x "maim", a 4x "carve", a 5x "cleave", a 6x "smite", a 7x "eviscerate", an 8x "shred", etc."
    Thank you. AFAIK That wasn't documented anywhere accessible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Seems all of Mocht's posts have gone missing from this and the other FrogComposband threads. That is very unfortunate, though not completely surprising.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bucephalus
    replied
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Just a curiosity thing, but is there somewhere that documents the difference in the various attack messages?
    Hit and Miss are of course obvious. What about 'Good hit', 'Great Hit', 'Gouge', 'Backsatb', 'Cut half through', etc? Are these messages simple color, or do they have meaning? And if so what meaning?
    As far as 'Gouge' goes, this is what Chris said: " ...most hits do 1x damage, but occasionally, you get a 2x "gouge" or, if lucky a 3x "maim", a 4x "carve", a 5x "cleave", a 6x "smite", a 7x "eviscerate", an 8x "shred", etc."

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Mocht
    If you had looked at any of my character dumps you would know I always play no-selling
    The issue is not whether or not I am a poor player, the issue is whether or not my suggestions will lead to improvements

    If the developer thinks my suggestions are stupid, if the players believe that I flood the threads with spam, then let me know, and I will stop posting
    I don't want you to stop posting. You're helping make the game better. I would, however, very much appreciate it if you tried to get along with me, Bostock and everybody else here, and didn't constantly come across as picking a fight.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bostock
    replied
    Originally posted by Mocht
    If you had looked at any of my character dumps you would know I always play no-selling
    The issue is not whether or not I am a poor player, the issue is whether or not my suggestions will lead to improvements

    If the developer thinks my suggestions are stupid, if the players believe that I flood the threads with spam, then let me know, and I will stop posting
    I know that one time in the past, I responded to one of your posts on a bad day and was very unkind; now I guess I am reaping the foul fruits of that. In any case, let's nip any ill feelings in the bud.

    My issue is not... well, it's not anything at all; I don't have an issue. But my message is not that you are a bad player, and I don't think you are. My message is that there are things that can be done within the game as it currently exists to minimize the need for recalling, and that these things are X, Y, and Z. This can be useful because it is possible that the game will not be changed in this regard, or that it will be changed, but not soon. In any case, I truly wished to be helpful.

    It's true that I didn't go through your dumps before my comment - ultimately there is a limit to how much time I want to invest in a comment, and such a check would have made me go over that time. I regret the superfluous note on that point, in any case.

    Leave a comment:


  • SethaWetha
    replied
    I suppose you're right. I've only been playing for a few days and it is nice not dying from starvation in the town.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Rather than filthy urchins? I suspect this is a matter of tastefulness on the maintainers part.

    Originally posted by SethaWetha
    Not sure if it's been reported already but Balrogs can only satisfy hunger through human corpses, but getting gruel and a beer from the inn satisfies your hunger as a Balrog.

    Leave a comment:


  • SethaWetha
    replied
    Not sure if it's been reported already but Balrogs can only satisfy hunger through human corpses, but getting gruel and a beer from the inn satisfies your hunger as a Balrog.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bostock
    replied
    Regarding a perceived need to frequently recall:

    I'll be "that guy."

    One thing that can help here is to play no-selling. It's very refreshing. On a side note, FrogComPosband is definitely winnable - has been won, although not easily of course - with a single recall-less dive starting from around clvl 25.

    Another is to set a depth goal for each dive, and tailor your collecting of items to sell to that goal, rather than vice versa. This tends to mean collecting few or no items until the planned end of the dive, or at least being ready to throw things away when it becomes clear that the average value of what you're now collecting is much higher.

    Being very sparing with how many consumables slots you use also helps. (One thing I also do sometimes is carry only one, or very few, of a less-important consumable in a slot, being prepared to "waste" it or throw it away fairly quickly to free up the slot.)

    With all that said, a freer inventory may someday be on the way for ComPosBand, as Gwarl tossed around ideas for new potion, scroll, etc. "quivers" in chat at one point. Whether or not these, if implemented, will also make their way into FCPB is of course up to Sideways!

    Leave a comment:


  • Flauterfiddle
    replied
    Some feedback on rings

    Since I only ever play monsters, I wanted to have a crack at a Ring character, and the change that lets everything recharge now has made Rings much more playable.

    Some observations:

    - Ring characters can read Confuse Monster scrolls. But they don't have a melee attack. So the Confuse Monster flag stays at the bottom of the screen for a long time. I think ... until you save/restore or go up a level. At any rate, it was there forever and then was suddenly gone.
    - Is there any way that the info screens could include some information about the monster I am controlling? Like their attack damage and so forth, special abilities, etc.? It would be very neat to know what the monster does without having to look through the monster memory. I think this is done for Possessors, so it would be very useful for Rings as well. Or would this make Rings too powerful and all-knowing?
    - Possible bug: when I use a "??? monster" staff, wand or rod on my controlled monster (e.g. Haste Monster to speed them up) this seems to do something weird to (auto-)targeting. If I do not touch the targeting controls after using a wand/staff on my controlled monster, i.e. rely on auto-target, Frog then lets me cast spells into "nirvana", i.e. I can choose and cast the spell and also lose mana and use up my turn, but nothing happens. This is a potentially deadly bug if I am relying on auto-target and lose my first turn against something very big and dangerous.

    Thanks again for this version, hoping to get my Ring character to level 50. 24 levels to go!

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    It is intended behavior (and the 7.0.strawberry release notes said as much); easy_thalos only allows teleporting to Thalos once at least one out of Morivant, Anambar, Angwil or Telmora has been visited.
    Ah, my bad then.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    It is intended behavior (and the 7.0.strawberry release notes said as much); easy_thalos only allows teleporting to Thalos once at least one out of Morivant, Anambar, Angwil or Telmora has been visited.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Bug

    Just started a Demigod, Club Weaponmaster. Finished the Warrens and went to t-port to Thalos. (easy_thalos) is on, yet the Inn is refusing to send me there. 'You have not yet visited any town'

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mocht
    I think there are at least 3 tiers of criticals in Frog
    I would have to agree. Weapons of Sharpness alone seem to have at least 3 grades of Sharp. Sharp *Sharp* both in red and *Sharp* in purple.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕