X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoVirtuoso
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

I found a bug:
    Lite Town chardumps don't display how many opponents you defeated at the Town Arena.

Feature request:
    Allow toggleable option to show "current fame" in chardumps.
    My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• wobbly
      Prophet
      • May 2012

What determines the fail rate on a mutation?

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

The fail rates depend on the stat those mutations are attributed to. IIRC, Berserk would be related to STR.
        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

Would it be possible to get them listed on the character sheet then? For instance on my beastman wild-talent, my wild-talents all had the prime stat listed, my mutations did not.

Comment

• poschengbandplayer
            Apprentice
            • Apr 2014

hello,guys!

i was curious if some of the crusade school spells heal blood mages,or if it has been nerfed?
            thanks in advance.

Comment

• wobbly
              Prophet
              • May 2012

Apologies for all the annoying questions, how do I remove wand of heal monster/haste monster from auto-destroy? I assume they are useful if your using pets/mounts.

Comment

• Arjen
                Adept
                • Dec 2010

When i want to keep those I add them in the auto_picker. Just like "wand of Heal" and "wand of Haste".

Comment

• Jiamat
                  Rookie
                  • Jan 2015

Been playing this variant for the last month or so after a few years away.

Beat possessor class which was much more interesting than old ToME version though having to destroy old corpses when you leave bodies is just annoying without having any real purpose.

Also got to level 48 on a ring monster before dying due to boredom/stupidity.
                  1. only 1 light essence found and 0 ESPevil and ESPnonliving.
                  2. managed to acquire 2 separate dispel evil spells for my spell list.
                  3. charming monsters is fine but being constantly rejected by any monster above around level 50 after a couple of dungeon trips is incredibly tedious. The feedback on this is not great.
                  4. i know its a grindy class but thinking 'only 50 more INT essences before i get 0% fail rate on spells' isn't the most inspiring thing.

No dumps because I forgot how to, but I figured it out now. In general it's interesting to mess around with monster races. I knew it would be!

Comment

• chris
                    PosChengband Maintainer
                    • Jan 2008

Check out the previous ring competition if you haven't already.

Charm might not be too reliable ... I can't remember. Try glitter instead. Letting monsters pick you up is the usual method of acquiring a new ring bearer.

Comment

• debo
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Some weirdness with Eat Magic... I used to have 3% fail on it, when all of a sudden ingame it jumped to 11% (not sure when that happened.) I do routinely fail when using the ability.

However, in the chardump it says my fail % is 0???

Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• chris
                        PosChengband Maintainer
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by debo
                        Some weirdness with Eat Magic... I used to have 3% fail on it, when all of a sudden ingame it jumped to 11% (not sure when that happened.) I do routinely fail when using the ability.

However, in the chardump it says my fail % is 0???

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=17222
                        It's a display bug on the character dump. Eat Magic has an 11% minimum fail rate just to annoy you! I fixed the display for next release ...

Comment

• debo
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chris
                          It's a display bug on the character dump. Eat Magic has an 11% minimum fail rate just to annoy you! I fixed the display for next release ...
                          Haha, thanks!
                          Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Chop
                            Rookie
                            • Jan 2015

When playing as a Ring, would it be possible for you to act as an actual ring for your ringbearer? Such as giving strength boosts, resistance, or whatever based on a random trait given every so many levels.

Hopefully that's not as stupid as it sounds typed out.

Comment

• chris
                              PosChengband Maintainer
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chop
                              When playing as a Ring, would it be possible for you to act as an actual ring for your ringbearer? Such as giving strength boosts, resistance, or whatever based on a random trait given every so many levels.

Hopefully that's not as stupid as it sounds typed out.
                              That's a good idea, but unfortunately, the options are limited. Currently, I'm pretty sure you lend speed to your bearer. And we could certainly add other things like AC or combat bonuses. But monsters don't have stats the way players do, so the opportunities for this are somewhat limited. I'll keep this idea in mind though.

Comment

• chris
                                PosChengband Maintainer
                                • Jan 2008

Release 3.4.3 (She blinded me with Psions!) is now available for bold beta testers! This release has some significant changes including:

* Numerous changes and bugfixes to psions. A few powers were buffed (Protection, Seeing, Clarity) and some new powers were added (Mind Wave, Disruption, Drain). Powers are now listed (with stat tracking) on the character dump.

* Monster breath amounts significantly adjusted. You should notice a difference!

* Monster summoning amounts nerfed.

* New Arena Rewards

* Androids reverted to a single innate weapon that upgrades with construction

Also, some bugs have been fixed:
                                * Fixed pickup pref bug (OR should be IOR). Everybody was hoarding rods of fire balls, etc. rather than only mage characters.

* Fixed warlock power bug. They really should be paying for racial and class powers! Only the eldritch blasts should be free.

* Fixed activation targeting bug with (e.g.) Laputa.

* Fixed major bug with tailored drops. Sometimes you wouldn't get a quest reward!

And the finalee:
                                * New monster talk! (Thanks debo )

As usual, source code and a diff of changes are available.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎