X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AnonymousHero
    Veteran
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pampl
    That's really weird. Prefs.c line 1055 is just freeing up memory, and isn't something I've touched (or would ever want to). Do you ever get crashing in other variants or is this unique to Repos?
    I've only observed it in RePos, but I now notice that RePos is tracking the Angband 'master' branch, so it may just be some instability inherited from there.

Comment

• Arjen
      Adept
      • Dec 2010

Found a typo with hounds. They can breathe lighning. Furthermore, i don't think hounds have too much HP. I'm now lvl 28 with 235 HP. That not even 10 hp per level. Balrogs would have like 700 hp at lvl 28.

Comment

• emulord
        Adept
        • Oct 2009

I think I was playing the latest. It was .6.3

Comment

• Sirridan
          Knight
          • May 2009

I had a fun bug, did a git pull to get the newest version, but for some reason the compiling kinda screwed... so I created a hound and went downstairs. The square I started on in dlvl 1 was downstairs... so I went down again. The start square in dlvl 2 was also downstairs... so I went to 3. and 4. and 5... So I held down shift + . (for >) and kept going downstairs!

5 minutes later I was at dlvl 380. I killed something invisible (after it killed me and I didn't die?) and leveld up. I eventually quit when invisible undead had me in a confusion/fear lock I couldn't escape because I couldn't die.

Hopefully a make clean will fix it

Comment

• pampl
            RePosBand maintainer
            • Sep 2008

I just updated the code on git. There aren't a lot of changes so I'm not going to make a new rar, I'm just hoping that it'll fix the weird bugs besetting people who compile it themselves.

Comment

• Sirridan
              Knight
              • May 2009

IF you compile it yourself, do a make clean first. That fixed all my issues.

Huzzah! But it was fun being immortal at dlvl 380! 17000some feet? It was a blast

Comment

• pampl
                RePosBand maintainer
                • Sep 2008

New version that fixes rather serious bug - attacks to batter/wound weren't defined so they didn't do any damage. If you ever wondered why half ogres were so easy, it's because they literally couldn't hurt you. It's still at https://github.com/downloads/simongr...nd%200.6.3.rar

Comment

• Arjen
                  Adept
                  • Dec 2010

A reaction on your newest dead troll.

What i notice with randart is that you find better artifact earlier in the game. Especially when you play a non-weapon monster. Maybe this is just luck with finds. And overal i think randarts are way better than the normal arts if you check the normal Angbandladder. Is this on purpose? It doesn't make you want to play with the standart artifacts if you know the chances to survive are higher with randarts.

Comment

• emulord
                    Adept
                    • Oct 2009

Nexus hounds should probably have teleporting ability, no? Since their nexus breathes dont teleport, they should have some kind of theme rather than just straight damage.

By the way, don't have their attacks teleport, that would be a nightmare. Maybe you could have them be better at magic devices or something

Comment

• emulord
                      Adept
                      • Oct 2009

Ghosts should start as a poltergeist at level 1-4 or so. From original pos, they wouldn't have boot slots. Gaining some form as you level up feels good as a ghost.

Comment

• pampl
                        RePosBand maintainer
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
                        A reaction on your newest dead troll.

What i notice with randart is that you find better artifact earlier in the game. Especially when you play a non-weapon monster. Maybe this is just luck with finds. And overal i think randarts are way better than the normal arts if you check the normal Angbandladder. Is this on purpose? It doesn't make you want to play with the standart artifacts if you know the chances to survive are higher with randarts.
                        Not on purpose. I didn't change the randart code so it must have been quirky in the version of Angband I used. Maybe I'll update the Angband code(merge? Not clear on the terminology) before 3.3 if that's the case.
                        Originally posted by emulord
                        Nexus hounds should probably have teleporting ability, no? Since their nexus breathes dont teleport, they should have some kind of theme rather than just straight damage.

By the way, don't have their attacks teleport, that would be a nightmare. Maybe you could have them be better at magic devices or something
                        I could give them phase door/tp. I had assumed that nexus breath would phase/tp whatever didn't resist it, its damage would be slightly lower if I had known it wasn't that annoying.
                        Originally posted by emulord
                        Ghosts should start as a poltergeist at level 1-4 or so. From original pos, they wouldn't have boot slots. Gaining some form as you level up feels good as a ghost.
                        I just copied the first form from the partially-finished Pos implementation.. no idea why he didn't start with poltergeists. Ghosts already evolve every five levels so it'll be a while before I give them new forms.

Djabanete and I were tossing around ideas for new special artifacts. I'd like every PITA unique to have a chance at dropping a relatively strong artifact.. there are already (from Pos) special artifacts for Smeagol, Grip and Fang, Eol, one of the orc captains, and the elemental royalty, plus the racial artifacts. Other uniques we've been talking about adding artifacts to are Nar the dwarf (his clothing is described as ragged, so either a rag or something damaged), Kavlax (a suit of PDSM that's been irradiated by his gravity breath and so weighs a lot and gives a penalty to speed), Gorlim (a dim torch with a bonus to stealth and speed), Saruman (his technicolor robe, not sure what its bonuses and penalties should be), boots or gloves or something for Mim, a pick for Maeglin, and a rag for Ghan-Buri-Ghan (who has to be added as a mob too). Any other tough uniques and artifact ideas? Maybe something for Lorgan or the Tarrasque?

These special artifacts only have a 1/15 chance of dropping, so I'm not worried too much about adding too many.. I'd like players to average 1-3 per game, so 30-40 artifacts in total, or ~20 new ones.

Comment

• Derakon
                          Prophet
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Arjen
                          And overal i think randarts are way better than the normal arts if you check the normal Angbandladder. Is this on purpose? It doesn't make you want to play with the standart artifacts if you know the chances to survive are higher with randarts.
                          Certainly the randart vs. standart balance has been wonky in various directions for awhile. However, you should also consider that experienced players are more likely to be playing with randarts than unexperienced players, since they already know what all the standarts do. Assuming randarts and standarts are balanced, that means that any given randart game is more likely to produce a winner, because it's more likely to be at the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.

In other words, more randart winners than standart winners does not necessarily mean randarts are better.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                            Veteran
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
                            In other words, more randart winners than standart winners does not necessarily mean randarts are better.
                            There's also the whole "users don't tend to post non-winners" thing. So players who roll a good set of randarts would tend to be posted more often that players with a bad set of randards. (Selection bias, I guess.)

Comment

• buzzkill
                              Prophet
                              • May 2008

RePosBand 0.6.3

When using DVG graphics I get an (non-crash) error reading graf-dvg.prf which prevents the rest of the file from loading, resulting in lots of items appearing as ASCII.
                              Commenting out the following line eliminates it, and I don't see anything wrong here in the prf, so it must be is the source???

Code:
                              ##### Dragon Scale Mail #####

K:dragon armor:Multi-Hued Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC4
                              K:dragon armor:Pseudo-Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC0
                              K:dragon armor:Law Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC2
                              [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]# K:dragon armor:Bronze Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xBE[/COLOR][/B]
                              K:dragon armor:Gold Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xBF
                              K:dragon armor:Chaos Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC1
                              K:dragon armor:Balance Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC3
                              K:dragon armor:Power Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC5
                              www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                              My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• pampl
                                RePosBand maintainer
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by buzzkill
                                RePosBand 0.6.3

When using DVG graphics I get an (non-crash) error reading graf-dvg.prf which prevents the rest of the file from loading, resulting in lots of items appearing as ASCII.
                                Commenting out the following line eliminates it, and I don't see anything wrong here in the prf, so it must be is the source???

Code:
                                ##### Dragon Scale Mail #####

K:dragon armor:Multi-Hued Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC4
                                K:dragon armor:Pseudo-Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC0
                                K:dragon armor:Law Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC2
                                [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]# K:dragon armor:Bronze Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xBE[/COLOR][/B]
                                K:dragon armor:Gold Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xBF
                                K:dragon armor:Chaos Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC1
                                K:dragon armor:Balance Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC3
                                K:dragon armor:Power Dragon Scale Mail~:0x80:0xC5
                                Does the same thing happen with the V nightlies? My guess is that this was caused by the change to confusion from an element that's breathed to just a status effect. I'll add it to the bug list.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎