X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • molotov
    Rookie
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by bulian
    Lastly, the 8x13 font does not display correctly using windows XP.
    I get this problem too. Floor tiles show up as white rectangles, as do walls. This makes it very difficult to distinguish between the two, and makes adventures in the dungeon very tedious until the font is changed to something else (I do this every time I start a new install of RePos).

Comment

• buzzkill
      Prophet
      • May 2008

RePos 6.3 playing with the comp lich.

The nether bolt is fairly useless because of it's high mana cost and everything seems to resist it.

A young red dragon resists it, should it? It doesn't show as resisting nether in the monster memory. As a matter of fact, I think that everything may resist both nether bolt and the death orb. I'm afraid to try it any more.
      www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
      My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

All evil monsters resist nether to some degree.

Comment

• pampl
          RePosBand maintainer
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by camlost
          It looks to me like the code should be fine.

!(PROJECT_AWARE) should look something like 111111011111 so &=ing should only remove that one flag like the code seems to indicate it should. Presumably he only wants one bolt to appear even though it actually projects two separate bolts.

An alternate approach would be to split out the damage with a new type flag instead.
          Doesn't the non-bitwise ! operator just evaluate 11etc as being true and return false?

Originally posted by molotov
          I get this problem too. Floor tiles show up as white rectangles, as do walls. This makes it very difficult to distinguish between the two, and makes adventures in the dungeon very tedious until the font is changed to something else (I do this every time I start a new install of RePos).
          Alright, I'll check it out.
          Originally posted by buzzkill
          RePos 6.3 playing with the comp lich.

The nether bolt is fairly useless because of it's high mana cost and everything seems to resist it.

A young red dragon resists it, should it? It doesn't show as resisting nether in the monster memory. As a matter of fact, I think that everything may resist both nether bolt and the death orb. I'm afraid to try it any more.
          I don't use it much either, so I've reduced the mana cost. It does (player level - 9)d8 so presumably at high levels it's a decent little attack, but at high levels it also doesn't matter much if it costs 7 mana or 3 mana. It looks like it's supposed to be the lich's main attack spell as well so it should be pretty good.

Comment

• zaimoni
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by pampl
            Actually, I'm kind of curious about this one.. did this
            Code:
            				if (type != GF_ARROW)
            				{
            					project(-1, 0, y, x, (k + 1)/2, type, flg);
            					/* Make the physical portion TOP SECRET -Simon */
            					flg &= !(PROJECT_AWARE);
            					project(-1, 0, y, x, k/2, GF_ARROW, flg);
            				}
            				else
            					project(-1, 0, y, x, k, type, flg);
            turn off all the flags before projecting?
            Yes. As already noted, problem is using logical-not ! rather than bitwise complement ~; it should read

Code:
            flg &= ~(PROJECT_AWARE);
            Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
            Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
            Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• buzzkill
              Prophet
              • May 2008

What's the deal?

RePos 6.3 - competition lich character.

My SP seems to have maxed out at 337. INT is 18/197 and I can add more, but adding more doesn't increase my SP any. What's the deal?
              www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.

Comment

• pampl
                RePosBand maintainer
                • Sep 2008

Looking at tables.c, INT/WIS stop adding mana at 18/180... that seems pretty low to me, but it's that way in the nightlies too so it's not a Repos change. Min fail rate maxes at 18/200 and fail rate adjustment (not important for monsters atm) maxes at 220, so there's still value in adding to it, but it does seem strange that it stops giving mana so low.

Comment

• buzzkill
                  Prophet
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by pampl
                  Looking at tables.c, INT/WIS stop adding mana at 18/180... that seems pretty low to me, but it's that way in the nightlies too so it's not a Repos change. Min fail rate maxes at 18/200 and fail rate adjustment (not important for monsters atm) maxes at 220, so there's still value in adding to it, but it does seem strange that it stops giving mana so low.
                  Thanks for the info. I've never had a caster that has been this successful before. I just assumed that every point of INT up to 18/*** added more SP.

Comment

• pampl
                    RePosBand maintainer
                    • Sep 2008

New version up. Just bugfixes and balancing though. Savefile compatible unless you're an Umber Hulk.. they lost their missile weapon slot. Innate elemental melee should now correctly do half physical damage, the quiver will now display, ice ogres have been made less weak. Other minor changes I think... need to start documenting my changes better. I was hoping to put this release off until 3.2.1 but now that the competition is (almost) over I might as well release it.

Comment

• jevansau
                      Adept
                      • Jan 2009

Hi,

I've tried the 0.6.4 version (using a savefile from 0.6.3) but I still can't see the contents of the quiver. Character is a lesser Balrog.

Regards,
                      Jonathan

Comment

• GF_ARROW
                        Rookie
                        • Jan 2011

The K directive of Greater Basilisk seems bogus. Great variant! I'm enyoing playing a balrog right now.

Comment

• pampl
                          RePosBand maintainer
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by jevansau
                          Hi,

I've tried the 0.6.4 version (using a savefile from 0.6.3) but I still can't see the contents of the quiver. Character is a lesser Balrog.

Regards,
                          Jonathan
                          It should be displaying all the quiver. Can you attach your savefile?
                          Originally posted by GF_ARROW
                          The K directive of Greater Basilisk seems bogus. Great variant! I'm enyoing playing a balrog right now.
                          Good catch, and thanks

RePosBand 0.6.5 is up, with basilisks no longer having a nonsensical king and passwall being changed so that monsters will still try to hit you with spells while you're in the wall. You can be hit, too, if you're standing on a wall but there aren't any walls between you and the monster. This should keep passwall viable for retreating without also rendering you invulnerable to breath weapons etc.

Comment

• jevansau
                            Adept
                            • Jan 2009

Hi,

No need to post the savefile I think - the quiver works perfectly with 0.6.5.

Thanks for your work on this - great variant.

Regards,
                            Jonathan

Comment

• andrewdoull
                              Unangband maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Adley
                              Tunnel a square of granite once inside. Perfect resting place.
                              Disallow tunnelling unless there is an empty space next to you. Otherwise, where do you put the rubble?

Andrew
                              The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
                              In UnAngband, the level dives you.
                              ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
                              Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com

Comment

• Derakon
                                Prophet
                                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by andrewdoull
                                Disallow tunnelling unless there is an empty space next to you. Otherwise, where do you put the [s]rubble[/s]spoil?
                                Clearly it just automatically gets squelched. Unfortunately a bug prevents spoil from getting listed in the squelch settings menu so you can't unsquelch it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎