Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pampl
    RePosBand maintainer
    • Sep 2008

I couldn't sleep so I worked on 0.6.3 instead, and it'll be out in time for the weekend. Quick start is fixed but it means savefiles aren't compatible so delay upgrading until you've died. Now spiders can spin webs, innate melee doesn't spam 2x as much feedback as it should, and other stuff I'll add as I remember (edit: randarts no longer break racial artifacts)

Originally posted by AnonymousHero
    It should be just "configure". (Only exists after running the autogen.sh file.)

On second thought it might be better to avoid including it in the repository direct and instead providing a source download for each version (with "configure" included).
    I don't have any "configure" file.. the only files I have without extensions are the makefiles, install-sh, run-tests, and HEADER. I've never run the autogen.sh file unless make runs it automatically
    Originally posted by Arjen
    I've discovered something weird. When i was clearing out an undead pit, i noticed my auto-destroy was reset. I wasn't destroying anything anymore. And in the past destroyed objects were spawned back in the level, psuedo-ided or even fully ided. So i went and put everything back in the auto-destroy and continued. Now i just cleared a demon pit. Same thing occurs. I put some spellbooks in the autodestroy and suddenly they are back on the ground with a lot of other stuff. And now i can't even put them back in auto-destroy or even just destroy them at all! So now i have to literally throw away stuff i don't want.

I have no idea what triggered this, i only know it started both times when i was killed a lot of monsters who drop a lot of items.
    The squelcher doesn't destroy stuff, it just drops it then ignores it. There's a bug from V that your quality squelch settings get reset every time you close the game, but that shouldn't effect spellbooks.. can you attach a savefile to your post?

Posting this here so other people can get their 2c in as well...
    The amount of equipmentslots is insane now. Got 11 amulets and 11 helmets. Even without randarts i think it too much. Just think about it. You can wield a:

- amulet of resistance
    - amulet of trickery
    - amulet of devotion
    - amulet of weapmastery
    And another 7 amulets

Same with helmets:
    - of magi
    - of might
    - of lordliness
    - of seeing
    - of telepathy
    - Gondor
    - Dor-Lim
    - Golim
    - Hammerhand
    - and another one

It would still be pretty overpower
    But with randarts it's even more insane Got 3 immunities, 30+ speed, high stats, all resses, several melee bonusses, several ESP sources and 444 AC.
    Even with all those you're still effectively a warrior who can't use a bow and is only doing 1/2 as much damage as a non-monster warrior (4 attacks * (20 base + 100 bonus) vs ~1000 damage per round). Now, I can definitely see how AC could get too high, and I'm willing to implement a diminishing returns formula on ACs over 150 or 200 (it'll just be a quick hack fix if AC is going to be changed in 3.3) but the marginal value of the non-AC bonuses from additional helmet/amulet slots once you already have ~4 is pretty low. By the time you've filled all those slots, it's the late late late end game and you'd have beaten Morgoth already if you were a demihuman.

If hydras are more powerful than their XP modifier indicates, I'm willing to increase it or even slightly reduce their stats, but I'm really reluctant to change their slots, especially their head/neck slots.
    Last edited by pampl; January 13, 2011, 11:47.

Comment

• Arjen
      Adept
      • Dec 2010

If it works this post must have the savefile?
      Attached Files

Comment

• pampl
        RePosBand maintainer
        • Sep 2008

If it works this post must have the savefile?
        I can't figure out what happened with the spellbooks but have you tried pressing shift+K? I didn't know about it before looking at your savefile but it apparently turns the quality squelcher on and off.

Comment

• Arjen
          Adept
          • Dec 2010

shft+k i never used that command. What does it do? I use k for destroying stuff.

Comment

• relic
            Apprentice
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by pampl
            Good news for Mac users, Nick has compiled an OSX version.
            I am confused.
            Why is it called reposband-3.2.0? Is it compiled on the 0.6 source? Or 0.6.1?
            If you cannot answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names. ~Elbert Hubbard

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by relic
              I am confused.
              Why is it called reposband-3.2.0? Is it compiled on the 0.6 source? Or 0.6.1?
              It's a fairly sloppy job on my part - I haven't gone and checked stuff like version numbers. It's actually based on 0.6.2.
              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
              In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• pampl
                RePosBand maintainer
                • Sep 2008

shft+k i never used that command. What does it do? I use k for destroying stuff.
                Shift+k lets you see all the objects you've squelched with k. Pressing shift+k again should hide them all again, hopefully.

I decided that the oddball race I'd be adding is beholders. Spectators, gauths, beholders, then maybe a choice between undead beholders and beholder mothers. They can wear rings on their eyestalks and wrap cloaks around their heads but no other equipment (besides maybe a hat). In exchange they get powerful offensive magic. They'll probably be a challenge race, but that's OK.

Comment

• Arjen
                  Adept
                  • Dec 2010

Already like em!

Comment

• Psi
                    Knight
                    • Apr 2007

...but no other equipment (besides maybe a hat).
                    Well that's just shattered the fearsome image I had of those 'e's. Now I see a comedy eyeball with a stetson.

Comment

• Nick
                      Vanilla maintainer
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
                      Now I see a comedy eyeball with a stetson.
                      Good lookin' crowd tonight, great to see you all
                      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• EpicMan
                        Swordsman
                        • Dec 2009

I'm a little late on this, but for balancing some of the OP races (balrogs, etc), instead of random chance of inventory destruction every turn (=you can't carry certain items basically), just add a % chance when using an item for the item to be consumed but not used ("your scroll of teleport burns up before you can use it!").

So your Balrog could carry ?WOR or ?Tele but they would not be 0% fail like for most other characters. This might not be very noticeable early on (except you would need to carry multiple ?WORs or risk getting stuck) but later in the game lacking failsafe escapes and resets would change things up a lot.

Comment

• Sirridan
                          Knight
                          • May 2009

Killed some ice ogres as a chaos drake at level 28. I am now my races champion?

EDIT: Uploaded save
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Arjen
                            Adept
                            • Dec 2010

Ow that weird I think an ice ogre isn't the right monster

Comment

• pampl
                              RePosBand maintainer
                              • Sep 2008

0.6.3 is up. Not savefile compatible, as a new byte was added to save files to track your starting race. The trade-off is that now quickstart works.
                              edit: OK, 0.6.3.1 is now up. Fixed crashing error with EQ. Stupid UI bugs with equipment slots are proving challenging.

Misc. bugs fixed, blue/white/gold dragons added. Beholders aren't in yet. Summoning still being worked on. Thoughts for future editions: maybe making a "no hands" flag for monsters that have to bash doors open to go through them (hounds, hydras). I'd have to make easy_alter try to bash doors to keep this from being really annoying and even then I'm not sure whether I like it.
                              Originally posted by EpicMan
                              I'm a little late on this, but for balancing some of the OP races (balrogs, etc), instead of random chance of inventory destruction every turn (=you can't carry certain items basically), just add a % chance when using an item for the item to be consumed but not used ("your scroll of teleport burns up before you can use it!").

So your Balrog could carry ?WOR or ?Tele but they would not be 0% fail like for most other characters. This might not be very noticeable early on (except you would need to carry multiple ?WORs or risk getting stuck) but later in the game lacking failsafe escapes and resets would change things up a lot.
                              I like this idea. I could even set the chance of destruction as being partially based on level, on the grounds that the balrog's fiery aura gets stronger as they grow powerful. Still, it's going to have to wait until summoning is done. (edit: And how about an aura of darkness, that prevents certain artifact lights - the phial, the star - from being activated? Too much?)
                              Originally posted by Sirridan
                              Killed some ice ogres as a chaos drake at level 28. I am now my races champion?

EDIT: Uploaded save
                              Shoot, good catch. Fixed in .6.3.
                              Last edited by pampl; January 14, 2011, 20:20.

Comment

• Adley
                                Adept
                                • Feb 2010

Good news for Mac users, Nick has compiled an OSX version.
                                This is not good news. That's excellent news.
                                Edit : hum... help? when double clicking Repos, the application shuts itself. When starting it from the executable, through a terminal, i get a
                                Code:
                                dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
                                Trace/BPT trap
                                logout
                                Is there going to be a compiled OSX version for each new version ?
                                And, on beholder... make them possess antimagic, as in original D&D?
                                Last edited by Adley; January 14, 2011, 21:39.
                                Originally posted by Derakon
                                Sadly, every character ever created in Angband was given a magnifying glass by their eccentric uncle for their fifth birthday...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎