X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

FAangband 2.0.1

FAangband 2.0.1 is now available for Windows, MacOS and as source. The official site is here.

This is mainly bugfixes and a few balance tweaks from version 2.0.0. Thanks for all the help to all the people who have helped, which is essentially the whole Angband community.

Good luck, have fun, don't die (too often)
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
  • EugeneLesnov
    Scout
    • Apr 2020

Hooray!
    Aurë entuluva!

Comment

• swim
      Apprentice
      • Mar 2021

Thanks!

Comment

• Sacksquatch
        Apprentice
        • Jun 2020

Having issues with the sdl2 compile. I can play the game just fine, but the sdl2 won't let me change anything. Fonts, tiles, move windows, size windows, nope.

To test to see if it was my error, as I had an earlier issue with FA2 beta still being on this system, I compiled it on a clean VM and had the same issues. Will try sdl for now.

Edit: sdl1, everything seems to work ok.
        Last edited by Sacksquatch; October 6, 2021, 03:38.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sacksquatch
          Having issues with the sdl2 compile. I can play the game just fine, but the sdl2 won't let me change anything. Fonts, tiles, move windows, size windows, nope.
          This is likely related to this bug (for Vanilla, but V and FA have the exact same SDL2 front-end). For reference, it works fine for me on OpenSUSE Leap 15.3.

Comment

• Sacksquatch
            Apprentice
            • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Nick
            This is likely related to this bug (for Vanilla, but V and FA have the exact same SDL2 front-end). For reference, it works fine for me on OpenSUSE Leap 15.3.
            Yup! That's exactly it. Works flawlessly on PopOS VM, but does not work on my Arch or the Endeavour (Arch lol) VM that I tried. If someone knows the solution, let me/us know, otherwise I'll look into it when I wake up. Cuz I just gotta have that sdl2

Comment

• Sacksquatch
              Apprentice
              • Jun 2020

Ok so I got it working. Luckily I never set up auto-culling of older packages, so I rolled back to sdl2 2.0.14-1 from sdl2 2.0.16-3. The conclusion of this thread https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4762 is on the right track, in that its either sdl2 or possibly wayland. However the VM of PopOS has plenty of wayland packages itself, and it worked fine, so I tend to think the issue is newer versions of sdl2? Hard to say for sure.
              Last edited by Sacksquatch; October 6, 2021, 18:45.

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
                Knight
                • May 2007

Hey Nick! Glad you updated Faangband and keep developing it...just started playing again...one thing I noticed is that i picked up the lamp of gwindor and the description says it shines with a blue light yet i noticed it shines in yellow...seems like i remember it shining blue in the older versions...

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
                  Hey Nick! Glad you updated Faangband and keep developing it...just started playing again...one thing I noticed is that i picked up the lamp of gwindor and the description says it shines with a blue light yet i noticed it shines in yellow...seems like i remember it shining blue in the older versions...
                  Yes, that was a massive hack in the old FA which I haven't re-implemented. Ideally I will do it actually properly one day.

Comment

• Sideways
                    Knight
                    • Nov 2008

A couple more problems I've run into:

- some of the object property descriptions, at least "needing two-handed wielding" but likely a few others too, aren't properly capitalized
                    - I got a message just saying "Ibun, Son of Mîm", with no description of what Ibun actually did to merit a message. No idea yet what might have caused it; but my first guesses would be that it's related to his SPEAKING flag or him being stunned at the time.

Looking like the crashes happen when a player leaves a wilderness level they killed a player ghost on; though the sample size is still fairly small.

Edit: shop entrances in towns sometimes turn completely black even though they should be in view; for example here where the entrance to the alchemy shop is on the square immediately north of me. Which shops it happens with varies, I've seen it with most of them but not at the same time.

Edit: monsters can speak upon being detected, even if they and the player are far outside each other's LOS.

Edit: only the vFire from the burning up curse is reflected on the character sheet, the rCold is not.

Edit: reading an unidentified scroll of Destruction from the floor caused the game to crash and the savefile (and/or level) to get corrupted.
                    Last edited by Sideways; October 17, 2021, 23:55.
                    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• Sideways
                      Knight
                      • Nov 2008

Corrupted savefile for Nick to look at (details of what happened in previous post).
                      Attached Files

Comment

• backwardsEric
                        Knight
                        • Aug 2019

Originally posted by Sideways
                        Edit: only the vFire from the burning up curse is reflected on the character sheet, the rCold is not.
                        Do you remember if the rCold rune was known at the time? At least in Angband, learning one of the resistance runes while wearing the cursed item marks the "burning up curse" rune as known. If the other resistance is still unknown, it's showing up as '.' rather than '?' in the character screen (seems like a bug). Once the other resistance is known, it shows up properly as '+' or '-'.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Corrupted savefile for Nick to look at (details of what happened in previous post).
                          This should work. It's not clear what caused it, but it seems to be related to this Vanilla bug.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Sideways
                            Knight
                            • Nov 2008

Nick: Thanks.

backwardsEric: I think rCold was probably not known at the time, not 100% sure but it does seem like the likely explanation. The behavior of burning up getting identified with rCold remaining unidentified seemed a bit odd in itself; but from your post I suppose it's intended to work that way?

Comment

• backwardsEric
                              Knight
                              • Aug 2019

backwardsEric: I think rCold was probably not known at the time, not 100% sure but it does seem like the likely explanation. The behavior of burning up getting identified with rCold remaining unidentified seemed a bit odd in itself; but from your post I suppose it's intended to work that way?
                              I don't have particularly strong feelings either way, but Angband (and by extension FAangband 2) currently has learn-by-use for the curse runes so that learning one of the component flags/modifiers/elements of a curse will learn the curse if wearing the cursed item.

Have a fix for Angband so the character sheet will properly display '?'s when the base object property is known but there's still curses with unknown properties. That'll likely need a bit of adjustment for FAangand's resistance logic.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎