Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wobbly
    Prophet
    • May 2012

It's also the normal modified gens item placement. Just with corridor drops off. Only simple rooms though. Maybe the interesting rooms drop better.
    I'll turn squelch off and try it in feature. I reckon there are a lot of books, you just don't see the squelched class books

Comment

• wobbly
      Prophet
      • May 2012

New feature branch. Unmodified. Dlvl 1. 11 rooms & 6 books

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wobbly
        New feature branch. Unmodified. Dlvl 1. 11 rooms & 6 books
        OK, this confirms that the extra books have introduced a new junk problem to deal with.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• luneya
          Swordsman
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Nick
          OK, this confirms that the extra books have introduced a new junk problem to deal with.
          Yep. I'll reiterate my suggestion from earlier in the development of the feature branch: at the beginning of the game, select two magic realms, one of which must be the player's own realm if the player is not a warrior, and have the game only generate spellbooks from the chosen realms. This will make it so that the supply of spellbook types that can be generated is roughly the same as it was under the old class system (when there were only divine and arcane), and thus there is no new junk problem.

Comment

• fph
            Veteran
            • Apr 2009

At that point, since we're looking at filtering spellbooks anyway, we could generate only books that the player can use.
            --
            Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• ClaytonAguiar
              Scout
              • May 2009

Suggestions? Here are some for you... :-)

Hi,

Please don't get angry. I'm just answering your request for suggestions. Be nice.

Why can't we use ID scrolls to identify runes and curses? Perhaps as two different scrolls...

Don't you think Ring of Barahir should be an easier drop or get more attractive bonuses? I play angband for decades and EVERY TIME I find it, its bonuses are useless compared to the rings I'm wearing.

Ranger was always my favourite class. The recent changes to the game were interesting, but I think there's space for fine tuning. There are no more offensive spells, but a lot of mana available from mid- to end-game to spend mostly on Haste (my current ranger is now +35, so it's good but not not a great change) and herbal cure. What about new spells for temporary (or permanent) arrow branding (frost), runing (slay dragons), explosive (area-damage)?

The new quiver system was a great idea, but the arrows seem to get destroyed very easily from elemental attacks and when used, forcing the ranger to melee combat most of the time. The rangers could have some sort of "quiver protection skill" (an extra saving throw to avoid arrow to get damaged or destroyed).

Am I the only one who would like to keep all artifacts at home as trophies? With a different browsing system using pages instead of direct-access keys, it would be possible to enlarge the home space to keep them all. Or, perhaps, as a new building, the "museum".

Comment

• jevansau
                Adept
                • Jan 2009

There seem to be some bugs in the Paladin single combat spell.
                I had a crash from single combat - the only feature I can think of was that there were shots covering part of the floor.
                It appeared to restart OK at the start of the single combat, but after defeating the creature, I was left in an empty cell. I recalled and got an error going into town but was able to continue.
                After going into town and down into the dungeon, it now crashes on recall.

Savefile attached - recovery would be welcome if possible. Randart.txt also added.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jevansau; September 1, 2018, 00:07. Reason: adding extra file

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2009

Bug: If "ignored" items are on the floor location, or if visible items are on the location, when @ casts or reads a Rune of Protection or casts a "Decoy", the rune or decoy is not placed, rather it destroys the ignored items. A second casting will create the rune or decoy. In regular Vanilla, such items are moved (or destroyed if there is no room to move them) and the rune is placed on the first casting.
                  “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                  ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jevansau
                    There seem to be some bugs in the Paladin single combat spell.
                    I had a crash from single combat - the only feature I can think of was that there were shots covering part of the floor.
                    It appeared to restart OK at the start of the single combat, but after defeating the creature, I was left in an empty cell. I recalled and got an error going into town but was able to continue.
                    After going into town and down into the dungeon, it now crashes on recall.

Savefile attached - recovery would be welcome if possible.
                    I'll need your randart file as well.

Comment

• jevansau
                      Adept
                      • Jan 2009

Thanks Nick, I've attached the randart file too.
                      I did modify the store:inven-max:96 entry in constants as well.

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

Thanks Nick, I've attached the randart file too.
                        I did modify the store:inven-max:96 entry in constants as well.
                        OK, this should work. It didn't particularly look like the problem was Single Combat related - let me know if you get any further crashes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• jevansau
                          Adept
                          • Jan 2009

Thanks Nick, it starts up OK but on recall I get the error
                          You feel yourself yanked upwards! -more-
                          Then a popup with: chunk_copy() level bounds failed!

and it exits.

Comment

• Nick
                            Vanilla maintainer
                            • Apr 2007

Thanks Nick, it starts up OK but on recall I get the error
                            You feel yourself yanked upwards! -more-
                            Then a popup with: chunk_copy() level bounds failed!

and it exits.
                            OK, see if you get any more trouble from here on - the only thing that's happened is recall to town from where the savefile was.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Here is the current list of outstanding bugs and issues for 4.2 (or whatever the next version is called). Note that this doesn't for the most part include the major changes aside from the new classes - player race changes, monster list changes, artifact rework, randart improvements.

I will be completely out of action for several days from tomorrow, and am not precisely sure how quickly and thoroughly I will be getting back to development. If people could have a look over this and point out what I have missed and any other issues that arise (this thread is a good place) that would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nick
                                If people could have a look over this and point out what I have missed and any other issues that arise (this thread is a good place) that would be much appreciated.
                                Ticket #2071 - should also include "decoy" as having the same problem.
                                “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                                ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎