X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Ticket #2071 - should also include "decoy" as having the same problem.
    Thanks, fixed.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• luneya
      Swordsman
      • Aug 2015

You probably should add a ticket for my suggestion of implementing the choice between the new and old class systems as a birth option, since that's pretty obviously preferable to the current situation where the old classes are provided as an alternative configuration file that needs to be renamed to classes.txt in order to be usable.

Comment

• gglibertine
        Adept
        • Dec 2007

I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but rogues are dropping a truly ridiculous number of ?pd in my first run through 4.1.3. I cleared out a room of them and found a pile of 32 outside the door plus five more piles inside -- adding up to a total of 47 from a single room! Each additional rogue I kill drops another pile of them.

Nick, can you fix this so they drop !aug instead?

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

A cutpurse is 35% of 1-3, a bandit 45% of 1-3 and a brigand 70% of 2-6. As you noticed it get ridiculous with a group, such as a pit, an average of 2/3 / cutpurse or 2.8 / brigand. Plus they can drop extra through their normal drop too.

Comment

• gglibertine
            Adept
            • Dec 2007

Thought I'd try the latest build to check out the new classes, and got this during character creation. Are half-elves meant to be subject to dwarfism or is this a bug?

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Also: only 1.1 blows?

Comment

• gglibertine
                Adept
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                Also: only 1.1 blows?
                Well spotted! I'm clueless about how that gets calculated, and the documentation doesn't really help with that.

I'd be happy to help update/expand documentation (I'm a tech writer and have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment) if people are willing to field questions. I have enough understanding of C lib files to figure some things out on my own, but I'm not a programmer and my maths skills are limited. What I *do* understand is the non-coder's POV, which is something usually lacking in open source projects.

I've been deterred in the past because the response to previous offers to contribute has been pretty much "figure it out yourself" (this applies to every open source project I've ever been even tangentially involved with), but maybe if I started a thread for discussion of documentation issues?

Comment

• wobbly
                  Prophet
                  • May 2012

Blackguard has a minimum weight and from memory a 5lb Sabre. Not in front of the computer. I can post the blow calculation later, though how you'd make it easily readable, I'm unsure.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

That is the birth screen with 1d1 fists. It should show the maximum possible blows. I am surprised it is only 1.1 for half-elf or human.

Comment

• gglibertine
                      Adept
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by wobbly
                      Blackguard has a minimum weight and from memory a 5lb Sabre. Not in front of the computer. I can post the blow calculation later, though how you'd make it easily readable, I'm unsure.
                      Ah, but that's the part I don't need help with.

Comment

• bio_hazard
                        Knight
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gglibertine
                        Thought I'd try the latest build to check out the new classes, and got this during character creation. Are half-elves meant to be subject to dwarfism or is this a bug?

Guess it's only the top half.

Comment

• wobbly
                          Prophet
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                          That is the birth screen with 1d1 fists. It should show the maximum possible blows. I am surprised it is only 1.1 for half-elf or human.
                          minimum weight:100
                          Blackguards have 10lb fists. I've never played one, they have some sort of odd combat mechanics, apparently they are quite OP.

Originally posted by gglibertine
                          Well spotted! I'm clueless about how that gets calculated, and the documentation doesn't really help with that.

I'd be happy to help update/expand documentation (I'm a tech writer and have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment) if people are willing to field questions. I have enough understanding of C lib files to figure some things out on my own, but I'm not a programmer and my maths skills are limited. What I *do* understand is the non-coder's POV, which is something usually lacking in open source projects.

I've been deterred in the past because the response to previous offers to contribute has been pretty much "figure it out yourself" (this applies to every open source project I've ever been even tangentially involved with), but maybe if I started a thread for discussion of documentation issues?
                          So I posted the tables here:

so as not to clog up Nick's thread. As you can see it isn't a simple calculation. Feel free to ask questions if you have trouble following. I have trouble myself.

Comment

• gglibertine
                            Adept
                            • Dec 2007

Thanks wobbly, I'll take a look at it.

Re: comments about blackguards being OP, I'm not so sure. You have to put an awful lot of points into INT to be able to even use your limited magic at the levels you gain the spells -- I'm 19th level right now and still only have half the mana I need to use the Berserk Rage spell I got at 14th, and haven't actually used Dark Focus yet because I've got this giant stack of ?Blessing and !Heroism and keep finding more. It seems a bit inefficient to me.

Comment

• Thraalbee
                              Knight
                              • Sep 2010

Xp for priest spells crazy, as is traps

Traps give 1 xp on removal but casting a priest spell for the first time from book two typically give you enough for an extra level. Great news except unbalanced. I suggest a review of this (413)

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Thraalbee
                                Traps give 1 xp on removal but casting a priest spell for the first time from book two typically give you enough for an extra level. Great news except unbalanced. I suggest a review of this (413)
                                Thanks, filed as a bug.
                                One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                                In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎