Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

ALL object knowledge is lost after save/restore.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
      ALL object knowledge is lost after save/restore.
      What sort of knowledge? I can't reproduce anything matching this.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

I did a save restore and everything in the dungeon was forgotten; even stuff in the same room lost its ID state. I don't know what happened.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by spara
          1. Inconsistent behavior with monster list and object list

* When I see one monster and it's killed, the monster list updates immediately after the kill.
          * When I see an object and pick it up, the object list updates after next action.

The object list should update immediately like the monster list does.

2. No monster on monster list after running, save file attached.

* If I normally walk into a room, the monster list updates as I step in.
          * If I run to the room and step in, the monster list is not updated as I step in.
          Both confirmed - the object list update should be easy to fix, the monster one is a bit more subtle.

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Changes for the better: Extra large monster pit filled with loot. Wow. I've been trying to track down Carcharoth for a while. I am still rusty on these deep monsters, so I'd like to kill the dangerous ones prior to Morgoth. He and Pazuzu are left. (I'd leave Pazuzu, except I have a lighting immunity swap.)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

Changes for the better: Extra large monster pit filled with loot. Wow. I've been trying to track down Carcharoth for a while. I am still rusty on these deep monsters, so I'd like to kill the dangerous ones prior to Morgoth. He and Pazuzu are left. (I'd leave Pazuzu, except I have a lighting immunity swap.)
              I'm pretty sure that what you have there is a vault. There's a vault that pretends to be a generic moated room, but is vastly more dangerous than usual and of course has more items in it.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

OK, that'd be a good change too. I like that vault as well as the jolly roger vault.

Originally posted by Derakon
                I'm pretty sure that what you have there is a vault. There's a vault that pretends to be a generic moated room, but is vastly more dangerous than usual and of course has more items in it.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Derakon
                  It is in fact a vault. There's also a new vault that looks like a checkerboard, but with high level enemies and treasures.
                  PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

So far there have been four feature branches. Three of these - cone breath, player knowledge and rune-based ID - are now in the master branch, and the fourth, traps, will go in shortly.

I'm starting to get a little tired of constantly juggling multiple branches, so my current plan is to only have one more - curses. This will come out fairly soon, I hope. Once that is also included, remaining things in the plan for 4.1 will be included straight into master. This will not be all that fast a process - terrain, dungeon generation and simplifying calculations all need considerable thought - but I think it makes sense to do those incrementally rather than in one thematic chunk.

Opinions valued as always.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2009

I am so looking forward to terrain and, dare I hope, Wilderness!
                      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Pete Mack
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

Feature request: Allow squelch of splendid ego helmets but not crowns. Splendid crowns are the good ones. Splendid helmets only matter up until you get ESP. I end up looking for artifact helmets and splendid crowns by the end of most every game (searching for Crown of Might in particular.).

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Feature request: Allow squelch of splendid ego helmets but not crowns. Splendid crowns are the good ones. Splendid helmets only matter up until you get ESP. I end up looking for artifact helmets and splendid crowns by the end of most every game (searching for Crown of Might in particular.).
                          Surely using ego squelch is preferable?

Comment

• Pete Mack
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

Not really. With tval squelch, you don't need any user action. Just pick it up and it disappears if it's not an artifact. But this is only useful if you can separate out crowns for further examination. Though it occurs to me that rune-based ID will make ego squelch a lot more useful. I will withhold this request til after I try that.

Originally posted by Nick
                            Surely using ego squelch is preferable?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡