Where to report bugs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • backwardsEric
    Knight
    • Aug 2019
    • 590

    #31
    Originally posted by eschiss1
    Edit: really, I'd as soon find out how to do a nice clean uninstall, and then I can reinstall this port which should fix things.
    What's needed for a clean uninstall will depend on what front end you're using. With the Mac front end, you would remove the installed application, remove ~/Documents/Angband which has the save files and other user-generated data, and run

    Code:
    defaults delete org.rephial.angband
    from a terminal to clear the saved settings for the front end. For the curses/X11/SDL/SDL2 front ends, what's needed will depend on how it was configured and built. For a no install build with private user files, remove the directory where Angband was built and ~/.angband/Angband . For the Windows front end, I believe you can get a clean uninstall by removing the directory that was created by unpacking the .zip file for the Windows release (i.e. Angband-4.2.5 for Angband 4.2.5).

    Comment

    • eschiss1
      Apprentice
      • May 2013
      • 59

      #32
      Hrm. I don't know if this is a -bug-, but every Maia of Aul? I (well, my running of the borg) has encountered has shapeshifted into, when they do shapeshift, a unique, and specifically into Quaker, Master of Earth (who's already dead by this point.) This is, if not a bug, weird.
      ... Ok, I just saw three of them change into three different things, so never mind, but Quaker still turns up very often - should uniques turn up at all?

      Comment

      • Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007
        • 9415

        #33
        Originally posted by eschiss1
        Hrm. I don't know if this is a -bug-, but every Maia of Aul? I (well, my running of the borg) has encountered has shapeshifted into, when they do shapeshift, a unique, and specifically into Quaker, Master of Earth (who's already dead by this point.) This is, if not a bug, weird.
        ... Ok, I just saw three of them change into three different things, so never mind, but Quaker still turns up very often - should uniques turn up at all?
        Well, it's by design; whether it should happen is another question
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

        Comment

        • Estie
          Veteran
          • Apr 2008
          • 2303

          #34
          Not a bug, but my game crashes now every time i take a stair or enter a shop. I think it only happens when i have an artifact.txt file operative - with default settings, I can use stairs.
          It happens in 4.2.5 so I installed 4.2.6 but it makes no difference.

          Comment

          • backwardsEric
            Knight
            • Aug 2019
            • 590

            #35
            Originally posted by Estie
            Not a bug, but my game crashes now every time i take a stair or enter a shop. I think it only happens when i have an artifact.txt file operative - with default settings, I can use stairs.
            Posting a gzipped version of the save file and the randart file here or as a new issue at https://github.com/angband/angband/issues could help diagnose what is wrong.

            Comment

            • Estie
              Veteran
              • Apr 2008
              • 2303

              #36
              I tried to reproduce the failure before doing as instructed by Eric above and failed - meaning everything seems to be working fine.
              The only idea I have about what might be going on is that Angband looks at the wrong folder for save files when i switch to a different version - I have to manually redirect it to the correct save folder - so maybe it can look at the wrong folder for other things like artifact files as well.

              Edit: Nm, I isolated the fault - the game crashes on area change when the option "use sound" is set to "yes".

              Edit2:
              See title; here is the character save file and the randart file, game version is 4.2.6 Ligsi.zip artifact.zip

              Hopefully I didnt mess up.
              Last edited by Estie; October 6, 2026, 18:53.

              Comment

              Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              ☕