X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myshkin
    Angband Devteam member
    • Apr 2007

5 May 2011 development release(s)

There is a new build of the development version of Angband. (I am trying to avoid the term "nightly," for reasons that should be clear.) I've started a new thread for it so that we can retire the very lengthy old one. Changes since the 23 April 2011 build:
    • Bug fixes: Curlicues Vault layout corrected; out of depth items can no longer reduce level feelings; out of depth item creation deep in the dungeon no longer crashes the game; ego item creation now recognizes when flags are already attached to a pvals; detect invisible now detects monsters again
    • Targetting displays a path from the player to the target.
    • Monster drops are created when the monster spawns.
    • Level feeling boosts from artifacts and ego items are more consistent.
    • The game records more specifically the origin of objects lying on the floor (special room, labyrinth, cavern, pit, vault, rubble).
    • Refactoring related to object flags, to the test harness, and to the stats module
    • Code cleanup and a function length utility
    • Artifact description edits

The teleport other description change is not in the version currently up on rephial (sorry, SSK!), but I do have a change committed, and hope to have that change in a new version on rephial later today.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Please follow up in this thread with any reports you may have.
  • PowerDiver
    Prophet
    • Mar 2008

Yeeha! I think this is the release I've been waiting for since January. You might want to give it a real label.

Just please tell me that this includes the fix to detect invisible, which was marked closed on trac.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
      Yeeha! I think this is the release I've been waiting for since January. You might want to give it a real label.

Just please tell me that this includes the fix to detect invisible, which was marked closed on trac.
      Last one in "bug fixes"

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

That's interesting - what is it about this release that has you so positive? (It can't be the dInvis fix, because that was a regression post-January!)

Just a warning note to everybody: do not play with Preserve off in this version, as you may well lose artifacts carried by unkilled monsters. I had preserve back to front in my head so have not yet amended the preservation code to account for the earlier generation of drops.
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• d_m
          Angband Devteam member
          • Aug 2008

I think there are still a few bugs (teleport-other description, the preserve issue Magnate mentioned) that should be fixed. After (and a bit more testing) that I agree that it's worth tagging in some way.

EDIT: Because my post was confusing:
          1. There were other bugs
          2. They are now fixed and will be in the next nightly
          3. It will be worth tagging if it is tested a bit and found to be pretty stable.
          Last edited by d_m; May 5, 2011, 15:36.
          linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Chud
            Swordsman
            • Jun 2010

The problem with incorporating a carriage return in a keymap (e.g. "R&\n") still seems to be an issue - I assume there's already an open ticket for that.

Comment

• PowerDiver
              Prophet
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Magnate
              That's interesting - what is it about this release that has you so positive? (It can't be the dInvis fix, because that was a regression post-January!)
              I was ready to port some code, but there were blocking(*) bugs. I think the first was the invisible purple monsters, but I don't really remember any more. Then a long progression in which a new blocking bug was introduced before the previous one was fixed. The dInvis bug is merely the last one.

You folks teased me a few times by closing all of the trac issues that bothered me, and then I'd find out something else got broken but hadn't been noticed yet. This better not be a repeat!

I don't mean the above as a complaint. You have to expect that sort of thing given the pace and nature of V development. I've just been waiting for a long time.

(*) Bugs bad enough that I didn't want to play with them, and introduced recently so it made more sense to me for the person who introduced them to fix them rather than for me to debug them myself.

Comment

• PowerDiver
                Prophet
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                Last one in "bug fixes"
                Showing that I am blind. I looked 3 times. There's a reason I asked for running to be disturbed the step before you move adjacent to a monster.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• Chud
                  Swordsman
                  • Jun 2010

There also seems to be a bug in item stacking, and numbering items in the home.

I bought some !CCW in town and noticed they didn't stack together in my inventory, and by dropping some and collecting some I was able to get them t group in different ways - 30 and 2, 20 and 19, and then the same thing with the life levels ones.

FYI...

Comment

• myshkin
                    Angband Devteam member
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chud
                    The problem with incorporating a carriage return in a keymap (e.g. "R&\n") still seems to be an issue - I assume there's already an open ticket for that.
                    That is correct...trac ticket #1378. Patches cheerfully accepted. Beyond that, I believe no one is actively working on it, but it ought to get closed before 3.3.0.

Comment

• PowerDiver
                      Prophet
                      • Mar 2008

There seems to have been a change, as of the 4/22 stuff I have been messing with, that gives monsters saving throws when they didn't use to have them. I couldn't even ID a wand [sleep monster I think] with repeated aims at a cutpurse. Was there any change to that in this 5/5 release?

Comment

• d_m
                        Angband Devteam member
                        • Aug 2008

There seems to have been a change, as of the 4/22 stuff I have been messing with, that gives monsters saving throws when they didn't use to have them. I couldn't even ID a wand [sleep monster I think] with repeated aims at a cutpurse. Was there any change to that in this 5/5 release?
                        I don't remember this, but I'll take a look for a commit on 4/22 that introduces this.

Sure does seem like a bug.
                        linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Chud
                          Swordsman
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Chud
                          There also seems to be a bug in item stacking
                          Noticed this in the dungeon now too; I found !CCW that won't stack with my inventory, and also a spellbook that similarly won't stack. It seems not to be related to inscriptions (my first though was hmm, these are both auto-inscribe items) - I tried removing the inscriptions and removing the auto-inscribe setting, no effect.

My character is a CL27 Mage, and this only started happening recently - I'm not sure what changed. The savefile and pref files were copied over from the previous release (Apr 23) if that is relevant. Should I open a ticket for this, even though I'm not a developer? I'm not sure what the correct process is here.

Comment

• PowerDiver
                            Prophet
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by d_m
                            I don't remember this, but I'll take a look for a commit on 4/22 that introduces this.

Sure does seem like a bug.
                            I was wondering if it's completely unintentional, or a goof on something similar but intentional.

Don't look too hard. The previous nightly I have is dated 1/13, so it could have been introduced much earlier.

Comment

• Taha
                              Adept
                              • Jun 2009

The was a failure to ID wands and staves by use bug a little while back. It was related to sleep / confuse / slow monsters I think. Can't find the ticket or thread right now, but pretty sure it was fixed in the last build I played.
                              ________
                              ExoticMae cam
                              Last edited by Taha; August 14, 2011, 15:03.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎