X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pampl
    RePosBand maintainer
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dos350
    i played some varient where the @ was a u and i couldnt deal with it, also the walls were like big and the floor was like a big dot, eeeeeeeee no offense to thatone
    If it was Posband (where playing as a demon starts you as a "u") then there's an option to make yourself an "@" like normal. I don't understand what walls being big means so I can't help with that.

Comment

• Max Stats
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2010

My vote is going toward the mystics. Even when Great Wyrms are pushovers, the Grand Master Mystic still has to be dealt with very carefully.
      If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why are beholders so freaking ugly?

Comment

• LostTemplar
        Knight
        • Aug 2009

dealt with very carefully.
        T.other/destruct suddenly stop working ?

Dangerous monsters can only be seen on early levels. Deep endgame is pushover anyway, just use destruction more.

Comment

• Max Stats
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by LostTemplar

Dangerous monsters can only be seen on early levels. Deep endgame is pushover anyway, just use destruction more.
          TO wand is a level 20 item, we certainly aren't limiting discussion to only level 1-19 monsters. And we are talking about hated monsters, so they aren't necessarily just dangerous but perhaps deceptively hard, so you look at them and think "hey I can take that" and you end up dead or barely escaping with your life. Or maybe it is just a monster that is annoying or whatever it is that makes you hate a little letter on a screen.
          If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why are beholders so freaking ugly?

Comment

• PowerDiver
            Prophet
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by LostTemplar
            That's one of the reasons I choose crebains. They come in such numbers that TO isn't a solution. Even when I try to be careful, half the time they start shrieking.

Comment

• dos350
              Knight
              • Sep 2010

yes, mystics~ eeeeeeeee!
              ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Hariolor
                Swordsman
                • Sep 2008

gnome mage.

so.

annoying.

Comment

• dos350
                  Knight
                  • Sep 2010

i had a mage recently, i was slain by a 'mage' ARGhHhhhhhh eeeek eajhjhj
                  ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• artes
                    Adept
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Nick
                    Magic Mushroom Patches.
                    Yes, they are the most annoying thing I can think of. If there are a few of them in the same room, one can hardly do anything for all their blinking and gesturing in darkness. I really hate them.

What I fear the most is anything that have "Nexus" in their name, if I don't have resistance. One hit of their nexus and the character stats may be permanently jungled around and the character build is ruined. At least that was how it was when I played long ago. That felt like worse than dying.

The big, dangerous things that kill me, those I don't hate. I just think they are cool.

Comment

• artes
                      Adept
                      • Jun 2011

I wonder if there are any statistics about which monster kills the most players. That would be an interesting read. Like a reversed kill count from the monster's point of view.

Maybe the experience points from the monsters could be determined from this. Though this is only a thought, I don't think it could be easily implemented.

Comment

• artes
                        Adept
                        • Jun 2011

My second most hated monsters are the zephyr hounds, all of them. When they are not deadly, like the chaos hounds and such, they are boring. To me it feels like they have no personality and that they don't really belong in the dungeon. To hack through groups of hounds is the most boring and meaningless thing in the game for me. Hacking through the orc hordes is at least some fun, because they are orcs, and orcs are fun.

Comment

• jens
                          Swordsman
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Nick
                          Magic Mushroom Patches.
                          This used to be one of the monsters that annoyed me the most, but these days It seems much less so... Has it been down tuned in the last few years?

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jens
                            This used to be one of the monsters that annoyed me the most, but these days It seems much less so... Has it been down tuned in the last few years?
                            They used to appear in groups. That's the main change. If there are more I don't recall what it is.

Comment

• buzzkill
                              Prophet
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by artes
                              I wonder if there are any statistics about which monster kills the most players...
                              ToME 4 does this and I doubt that Angband's results would be very different. It would probably be something that appears very early and is relatively fast or has a (death inducing) special attack. I'd vote for one of Maggot's dogs, or something like a floating eye.
                              www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                              My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Napsterbater
                                Adept
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by buzzkill
                                something like a floating eye.
                                Not anymore. I melee all the floating eyes I see. Only died once.
                                This thread, it needs more rage. -- Napstopher Walken

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎