X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzkill
    Prophet
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Napsterbater
    Not anymore. I melee all the floating eyes I see. Only died once.
    My apologies. Floating eyes are still quite deadly in the variants I play.
    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by buzzkill
      My apologies. Floating eyes are still quite deadly in the variants I play.
      Those orange c orc leaders are still quite deadly.

Comment

• Zikke
        Veteran
        • Jun 2008

Dreads.

I never seem to have See Invis by the time I am able to dive to their depth...
        A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
        A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
        C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Jazerus
          Apprentice
          • Jun 2011

Kavlax has ended many promising mid-40s runs for me. The 20s and 30s are usually extremely easy and Kavlax is the point where Angband likes to remind you that it is, in fact, a difficult game.

Comment

• Therem Harth
            Knight
            • Jan 2008

I'm afraid I have to add Gravity Hounds to my list. Being slowed, stunned, and bounced around like a rubber ball is really quite annoying, especially for melee-oriented characters.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Therem Harth
              I'm afraid I have to add Gravity Hounds to my list. Being slowed, stunned, and bounced around like a rubber ball is really quite annoying, especially for melee-oriented characters.
              Gravity hounds can kill you. To me that counts as excitement, not annoyance. They are the only hound type that can kill a clvl 50 ready for Morgoth -char in single turn, if you let just one of them have that turn while the pack is still more or less intact.

Comment

• jens
                Swordsman
                • Apr 2011

Btw., even if there are some monsters that annoy me, I like them ;-) I mean, I like that there are annoying monsters in the game, and even believe I'd like a few more of those :-)

Comment

• Tregonsee
                  Adept
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                  Gravity hounds can kill you. To me that counts as excitement, not annoyance. They are the only hound type that can kill a clvl 50 ready for Morgoth -char in single turn, if you let just one of them have that turn while the pack is still more or less intact.
                  Oh, I don't know about that. I had a 50th level Char who died while reading a scroll of summoning in a room and conjured up a bunch of time hounds...

Comment

• Nomad
                    Knight
                    • Sep 2010

I swear, Nexus Qs are the most dangerous monsters in this game, if only because they drive you to the point where you are extremely grateful if some other monster kills you on your way back to the same room for the 35th time.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nomad
                      I swear, Nexus Qs are the most dangerous monsters in this game, if only because they drive you to the point where you are extremely grateful if some other monster kills you on your way back to the same room for the 35th time.
                      Lol. That's quite true, though.

I have a vague memory that magic mushroom patches used to have same ability, and there was always lots of them. Or maybe that was just my more evil version of it (I did give death molds tele-to spell also in my own variant).

Comment

• Nomad
                        Knight
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                        Lol. That's quite true, though.

I have a vague memory that magic mushroom patches used to have same ability, and there was always lots of them. Or maybe that was just my more evil version of it (I did give death molds tele-to spell also in my own variant).
                        I cleared a whole zoo on dungeon level 52 to get to the floor treasure, which included battling three Dracolisks simultaneously and killing some Time hounds. All that was left inside the nest room after I'd lured everything out were three types of fast-breeding insects and seven Nexus quylthulgs. Mow through the crowds of insects, take one step inside, BAM, back to the far corner of the level again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again...

I finally succeeded in clearing the Qs out, and very fortunately there was a pretty nice randart rapier in there. Otherwise I might have cried.

Comment

• JohnCW9
                          Adept
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by artes
                          I wonder if there are any statistics about which monster kills the most players. That would be an interesting read. Like a reversed kill count from the monster's point of view.

Maybe the experience points from the monsters could be determined from this. Though this is only a thought, I don't think it could be easily implemented.
                          Apwhite borg page has such a list.
                          My first legit winner http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=5114

Comment

• Djabanete
                            Knight
                            • Apr 2007

So curious to see the list, but cannot find the page to which you're referring.

I assume it's a list of monsters that kill the most Borg characters, and not the most human characters, right?

Comment

• JohnCW9
                              Adept
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Djabanete
                              So curious to see the list, but cannot find the page to which you're referring.

I assume it's a list of monsters that kill the most Borg characters, and not the most human characters, right?
                              Yeah check messages from Apwhite.

Comment

• JohnCW9
                                Adept
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by JohnCW9
                                Yeah check messages from Apwhite.
                                Maybe it doesn't exsit anymore it been a long while since I last saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎