Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philip
    Knight
    • Jul 2009

Well, essentially, Tevildo was Morgoth's sidekick #1 in earlier writings but was later dropped in favour of sauron.

Comment

• Scatha
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2012

That's right. Tevildo and his cat warriors also played the role in the story of Beren and Luthien later taken by Sauron and the werewolves.

Comment

• debo
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

The endgame marches on:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
        Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• debo
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Finally -- the RNG concedes!

Enjoy

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

P.S. This video stuff is really good for me. When I play normally, I go way too fast. Having to talk it out / explain things slows me down. I think I would have killed this character by accident long ago if it weren't for that.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

You had me laughing about the Trolls and the one time they saw an elf making a bow in the depths of angband bit. I kept waiting for you to hit a false floor when you dropped all of your smithing kit. That's what would've happened to me, anyway, with the ensuing fist through the keyboard and 2d6 hurled expletives.
            You are on something strange

Comment

• half
              Knight
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by debo
              Finally -- the RNG concedes!

Enjoy

P.S. This video stuff is really good for me. When I play normally, I go way too fast. Having to talk it out / explain things slows me down. I think I would have killed this character by accident long ago if it weren't for that.
              Wow, its all getting close to the end here. Be careful not to spoil us about what happens in the next few episodes when you post them (i.e. don't let us know if you die or if you win).

Your bow is excellent, as are your boots and smithing artefacts. We hadn't expected that Smithing could get so high without masterpiece when we created the rules. I'm not sure what to make with the last charge of that forge: maybe a helm or some arrows?

Sorry about the interface problem with Masterpiece. I'll add that to the list of bugs/issues with the forging interface!

Comment

• debo
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by half

Sorry about the interface problem with Masterpiece. I'll add that to the list of bugs/issues with the forging interface!
                I'm sorry if I sounded ungracious / bitchy in the video -- that's my "gamer voice". I really do love the game and these quibbles certainly don't change that a bit

Comment

• fizzix
                  Prophet
                  • Aug 2009

Perhaps only allow smithing bonuses on gloves and main weapons (no bonus for off-hand weapons). Alternatively, increase the turn count fairly high.

As far as masterpiece, should the player turn it off by default and only turn it on when they are making the masterpiece item?

Comment

• debo
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fizzix
                    Alternatively, increase the turn count fairly high.
                    I don't like this -- smithing is already realllly tedious and not fun when you're making something great. Constant interruptions are something I deal with at work, I don't want to deal with it at play too

I agree that warhammers probably shouldn't have two-weapon fighting as an option.

Unrelated question -- why can I add archery abilities to a bow, but not archery skill point bonuses? I understand not wanting to use bows as a stat-stick, but if it's for the sole purpose of shooting better I can't see how it could hurt?

Although I guess you could just "buy" a better attack bonus on the bow...

Comment

• debo
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Stealth Archer part 12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSNRhtwi4c4

Comment

• half
                        Knight
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by debo
                        Although I guess you could just "buy" a better attack bonus on the bow...
                        Yes, this is the reason -- it would duplicate the to-hit bonus but be more confusing.

Comment

• debo
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Yes, this is the reason -- it would duplicate the to-hit bonus but be more confusing.
                          I guess I was dreaming of a longbow that was something like

(+3, 1d11) <+4>

where the +4 is an archery bonus

Comment

• half
                            Knight
                            • Jan 2009

In a previous episode you wondered whether piercing arrows (or arrows with song of sharpness) are more likely to break. They are. This is because they are more likely to hit a wall (after going through monsters) and that hitting a wall doubles the breakage chance (from 20% to 40%, or from 10% to 20% if you have careful shot).

Comment

• debo
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Sorry for the delay -- it's entirely half's fault for releasing 1.1 on the night I was supposed to record this

I've been asked to stay spoiler free, so I won't say what happens here except that it's worth watching (imnvho).

Comment

• half
                                Knight
                                • Jan 2009

I'll try to wait 24 hours before posting anything in response...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎