Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psi
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Haven't quite finished the vid yet, but did I read there is an option to turn off that menu that keeps popping up on your screen? I have been living with it accidentally triggering every few turns when I press escape too many times when I'm playing, but it is different watching someone else do it

Comment

• Patashu
      Knight
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Psi
      Haven't quite finished the vid yet, but did I read there is an option to turn off that menu that keeps popping up on your screen? I have been living with it accidentally triggering every few turns when I press escape too many times when I'm playing, but it is different watching someone else do it
      I am pretty sure there is an option to revert the behaviour of esc
      My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu

Comment

• Psi
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Patashu
        Found it in the interface options.

Comment

• half
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Patashu
          Yes, I forgot to mention this in response to the video. I'm quite sure that a menu like this is "the way of the future" compared to remembering 10 or so keys for each of its items. However, there is a problem in that different people are hitting different keys to make messages disappear: Return/Space/Escape. I want the menu key to be on one of these that the player doesn't intuitively hit all the time, but it seems that debo intuitively hits Escape all the time. I've got one interface option to set this to 'm' which is much less likely to be hit, but is clearly less intuitive for new players.

What do people think about the new menu and how to activate it? (Bearing in mind that it is likely to be less useful for you as you are the people who have already gone to the effort of learning the individual commands).

Comment

• Psi
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

<Escape> has always been the way of safely backing out or clearing prompts in bands. Personally I would not use that key to bring up a menu. I'd prefer 'm' out of all those options.

Comment

• debo
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by half
              I want the menu key to be on one of these that the player doesn't intuitively hit all the time, but it seems that debo intuitively hits Escape all the time. I've got one interface option to set this to 'm' which is much less likely to be hit, but is clearly less intuitive for new players.
              You can't blame me -- I'm a vi guy

I forgot to mention in the last video that the menu was one of my favorite additions to this build. Way better than hunting around for everything in different places.

half, regarding your earlier comments on purple molds + stairs: I'll mention them in the next video. Sorry for the errors!

Psi: I didn't even notice I was accidentally bringing up the menu. I don't think I even see it anymore.

I think 'm' is a good key for it. I'll remap it there for the next vid.
              Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• debo
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Psi
                <Escape> has always been the way of safely backing out or clearing prompts in bands.
                This is really the reason why I use esc. I've been burned too many times in roguelikes (nethack even) where I hit enter to clear a prompt and I ended up taking an action that I didn't expect to take. Esc almost always means "stop the presses"

Comment

• Psi
                  Knight
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by debo
                  Sorry for the delay -- it's entirely half's fault for releasing 1.1 on the night I was supposed to record this

I've been asked to stay spoiler free, so I won't say what happens here except that it's worth watching (imnvho).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oQRdZjgiWQ
                  Near the end of the video, you make the comment that the stairs by the cats is the only way out, however you can quite happily take the stairs you came in by too.

Comment

• debo
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Psi
                    Near the end of the video, you make the comment that the stairs by the cats is the only way out, however you can quite happily take the stairs you came in by too.
                    OMG! Hahahahahaha

Comment

• debo
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Next video is currently processing and will be up at http://youtu.be/yFiosHGmzBQ

Comment

• debo
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

OK, a couple at at a time:

Stealth stabby part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-tJVqnv0os

Steath stabby part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-toc_HIJGNY
                        Last edited by debo; September 29, 2012, 16:27.

Comment

• Scatha
                          Swordsman
                          • Jan 2012

I've only watched a little of your part 3 video (so apologies if you answer the question later in the video!), but I have to ask: is HM's video publicly available somewhere? I'd love to see that.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
                            Knight
                            • Apr 2007

Oh no, !. I got shy at the last minute about posting it super public... and, I decided not to make any more, at least with that character.

But,....

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                            You are on something strange

Comment

• Scatha
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2012

Well, thanks for sharing. Nice video. Like debo, I am a bit blown away by how fast you play; how long does it take you to finish a game?

Comment

• debo
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Scatha
                                Well, thanks for sharing. Nice video. Like debo, I am a bit blown away by how fast you play; how long does it take you to finish a game?
                                And how long does it take you to wear out your keyboard? lol

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎