• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwarl
    Administrator
    • Jan 2017

The makefiles work now.

Compiling rooms.c...
    rooms.c:4497:12: error: static declaration of ‘generate_table_room’ follows non-static declaration
    static int generate_table_room(int y1, int x1, int y2, int x2)
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from angband.h:52:0,
    from rooms.c:14:
    rooms.h:232:12: note: previous declaration of ‘generate_table_room’ was here
    extern int generate_table_room(int y1, int x1, int y2, int x2);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sorry I could fix this myself if I put my mind to it and send you a pull request like a helpful person I am just not running on a surfeit of energy of late.

Comment

• EpicMan
      Swordsman
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Gwarl
      The makefiles work now.

Sorry I could fix this myself if I put my mind to it and send you a pull request like a helpful person I am just not running on a surfeit of energy of late.
      No problem. Fixed in master.

This didn't even register a warning in Visual Studio 2019 but it might just be masked by _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS or some other directive.

Comment

• Gwarl
        Administrator
        • Jan 2017

imitator.o: In function `imitator_get_class':
        /home/angband/games/oposband/0.3.4/src/imitator.c:201: multiple definition of `imitator_get_class'
        imitator.o:/home/angband/games/oposband/0.3.4/src/imitator.c:201: first defined here
        collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
        Makefile:23: recipe for target 'oposband' failed
        We will get there in the end

Comment

• EpicMan
          Swordsman
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Gwarl
          We will get there in the end
          *Sigh* I added imitator.o twice in Makefile.src. Fixed in master.

Comment

• Gwarl
            Administrator
            • Jan 2017

Success! Now on live. I'll announce a competition tomorrow.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

More requests from me:

How about this plot loadout (I apologize for the lack of better phrasing)?
              - nuke towns if we fail to save them from scary horrors? Like an all-out Ragnorak end-game event?

I took this suggestion from ToME because a certain failed quest (in ToME) will destroy one of the towns, keeping-in-theme with LOTR lore. Which quest specifically? It's the Last Alliance quest in Minas Anor.

Also - since you're striving for big, interesting changes: How about adding more Viking Norse mythology folklore than it already has? Add dungeons of Asgard? Midgard? Scripted events?
              My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• EpicMan
                Swordsman
                • Dec 2009

Ugh, Ster found a bug in the life rating calculation where instead of 87 + 0-30 (resulting in the same range found today, if a different distribution), it was 87 + (0-3+87), resulting in way too many HP.
                I have updated this in master. I guess there will be a new 0.3.5 fixing this.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

This:
                  Wilderness encounters can be found embedded within wilderness mountains. Can completely block out monsters from generating or prevent players from accessing it because of mountain terrains. Known bug for a long time.

The chaos' patrons' 'Die Mortals gift doesn't cause confusion. Maybe it should?

Also:
                  The Oposband helpfiles need updating to reflect the options that have added or removed.

So:
                  When ster found that bug, were all character combo life ratings impacted?
                  Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; May 21, 2020, 12:32.

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• EpicMan
                    Swordsman
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
                    Wilderness encounters can be found embedded within wilderness mountains. Can completely block out monsters from generating or prevent players from accessing it because of mountain terrains. Known bug for a long time.
                    Do you mean monsters can't reach player and player cannot return to the world map due to nearby monsters? I will look into how hard it will be to restrict mountain ambushes to flying monsters.
                    The chaos' patrons' 'Die Mortals gift doesn't cause confusion. Maybe it should?
                    It damages you, summons high-level monsters and invokes the TY Curse. I think it's bad enough as-is.
                    The Oposband helpfiles need updating to reflect the options that have added or removed.
                    Updated in 0.3.5
                    When ster found that bug, were all character combo life ratings impacted?
                    Any could have been and statistically most would have been, although of course *I* didn't get any ridiculous rolls in the test chars I had that were high enough level to get self-knowledge.
                    Basically instead of your life rating being forced to range from 87 to 117 it was generated between 87 and 87+117.
                    This is fixed in 0.3.5

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by EpicMan
                      Do you mean monsters can't reach player and player cannot return to the world map due to nearby monsters? I will look into how hard it will be to restrict mountain ambushes to flying monsters.
                      Kind of like that: Example would a be a Thieves Den or a Prison Cell wilderness encounter that got embedded in mountain terrtain. Because of the mountain terrain, certain non-flying monsters (e.g. Master rogue) would be trapped by the mountain terrain or not even generate as a result. The workaround, if return to world map doesn't work, is to teleport self to somewhere else and then go to world map, in that order.

Comment

• TauzentBlitz
                        Scout
                        • May 2018

Kind of a small nitpick, but any spell that would have capped at expert proficiency before (ex. mage's second realm) still has a '!' showing in the casting menu.

Comment

• Roch
                          Adept
                          • Oct 2008

There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.

Comment

• Gwarl
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2017

0.3.5 is up on live, I think we'll wait for a couple more bugfixes before we run a competition

Comment

• wobbly
                              Prophet
                              • May 2012

So when are you adding Opossums?

Comment

• EpicMan
                                Swordsman
                                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Roch
                                There seems to be an error accessing the Vault quest, and there is a problem with the mercenary quest reward.
                                Roch, what version are you playing? Also what race/class?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎