X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderToads
    Scout
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by debo
    Also, just imagine how good it is for the soil when that healthy substance passes through you...

You have to factor in all those freaky colouring agents in potions though. You know you've been overdoing it when those bushes you like to relieve yourself in have all turned Metallic Purple.

Comment

• Tilurian
      Rookie
      • Nov 2014

Is the fishing pole any good?
      I only ever find it with my berserkers, and so I haven't been able to activate it

Comment

• Arjen
        Adept
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Tilurian
        Is the fishing pole any good?
        I only ever find it with my berserkers, and so I haven't been able to activate it
        It's a joke artefact, you can go fish with it when you are near water.

Comment

• Tilurian
          Rookie
          • Nov 2014

Is there a way to know what should be *identified*
          For example, I only recently discovered that crossbows of extra might get a resistance
          And I'm not sure what can spawn on rings of protection, dwarven necklaces, and rings of combat
          What egos should I not *identify*

Comment

• chris
            PosChengband Maintainer
            • Jan 2008

Is there a way to know what should be *identified*
            For example, I only recently discovered that crossbows of extra might get a resistance
            And I'm not sure what can spawn on rings of protection, dwarven necklaces, and rings of combat
            What egos should I not *identify*
            You should *id* all jewelry, but you can cheat a bit. Try to sell it first to see if the value is high (I do plan on fixing this at some point, though). Many egos do come with extra stuff, and I guess you should *id* most everything until you get a feel for what the possibilities are. But the weapons of slay orc/giant/troll/etc, well those I guess you can skip

The town service is cheaper than the value of almost any ego, so you won't go broke by being curious.

Comment

• chris
              PosChengband Maintainer
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
              It's a joke artefact, you can go fish with it when you are near water.
              And fishing is really boring, so almost nothing happens while you activate it. In fact, many, many hours of game time can pass before you get a bite

Comment

• Tilurian
                Rookie
                • Nov 2014

Do characters with the lucky mutation get more out of depth monsters and more vaults
                And does having multiple sources of regeneration stack
                And when I use autopickup, it won't let me autodestroy items that have beeen pseudo-identified as average; is there a way I can do this
                Last edited by Tilurian; December 5, 2014, 01:43.

Comment

• mewmew
                  Apprentice
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by chris
                  And fishing is really boring, so almost nothing happens while you activate it. In fact, many, many hours of game time can pass before you get a bite
                  I once tried to fish, caught a Portuguese man o' war, that was cute :3

Heh, I have a character alive ready to die to the Snake but I forgot how to play, time to try the new version to remember I think.

Comment

• Nivim
                    Apprentice
                    • Jan 2014

Do characters with the lucky mutation get more out of depth monsters and more vaults
                    Nope; it's basically just a bonus to how good items are, making them all a bit out of depth, and good item sensing. Or at least, that's what my greping for "luck" then "good_luck" found. You're already sacrificing stats by using that personality, so it makes sense it isn't double-edged.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

I found "bugs" with the 'Eternal Blade' in 3.4.0:
                      1) It lets you attack suspended (and maybe non-suspended) monsters while having a fear status worse than uneasy
                      2) Attack messages continue to show even after the monster is slain.

My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Tilurian
                        Rookie
                        • Nov 2014

Are potions of invulnerability rare?
                        I just found one and I can't remember finding one before

Comment

• chris
                          PosChengband Maintainer
                          • Jan 2008

Are potions of invulnerability rare?
                          I just found one and I can't remember finding one before
                          Yes, they are very rare. They are very useful for certain uniques (e.g. The Destroyer) but not so much for others that Dispel Magic.

Comment

• wobbly
                            Prophet
                            • May 2012

Any suggestions on how to play warlocks? The few I've played have felt like weaker versions of mages....

Comment

• Arjen
                              Adept
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by wobbly
                              Any suggestions on how to play warlocks? The few I've played have felt like weaker versions of mages....
                              Weaker? Just raise your Chr and shoot stuff with unlimited bolts. That's always my plan when I play them.

Comment

• mewmew
                                Apprentice
                                • Jul 2014

But their bolts are much weaker than mage spells anyway. What's actually interesting it's that warlocks have 0 cost for any ability including racial, so an android warlock gets free rockets, draconian warlock free breath and cyclops warlock free boulder throw. Still it's not much damage output late game.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎