X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris
    PosChengband Maintainer
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
    Just killed Ares, he didn't drop his hat...
    Olympians no longer drop 100%. They are also a bit easier than in Chengband (but Ares is no pushover!!).

Comment

• Arjen
      Adept
      • Dec 2010

Ares is when you have a 300-400 damage darkness storm and resist teleport. But too bad, I wanted to check if I could get a blow from it.

Found the Ring of Destruction with all it's brands, but those don't work... 9d9 brand all eye was just a dream. But the malus on that ring are bad too.

(Nice job on the new artifacts, I like the magic based lamps too). Now if only monsters who drop {good} could drop more jewelry.

Comment

• Darin
        Apprentice
        • Jun 2010

For the comp I managed to compile v1.0.3 for the Mac (X11 only, Intel only). But the inventory percentages look, well, a bit off, so I don't know what other interesting numbers there may be, or if it is a cosmetic problem or something worse. I was able to play through a game with no obvious problems, though.

big_inventory_percentage

Comment

• chris
          PosChengband Maintainer
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Darin
          For the comp I managed to compile v1.0.3 for the Mac (X11 only, Intel only). But the inventory percentages look, well, a bit off, so I don't know what other interesting numbers there may be, or if it is a cosmetic problem or something worse. I was able to play through a game with no obvious problems, though.

big_inventory_percentage
          In cmd3.c on line 55 is the following code:
          Code:
          sprintf(out_val, "Inventory: carrying %d.%d pounds (%ld%% of capacity). Command: ", 
            (int)(p_ptr->total_weight / 10), 
            (int)(p_ptr->total_weight % 10), 
            (p_ptr->total_weight * 100) / weight_limit());
          The total_weight field seems correct. But I wonder if the %ld is wrong. The field is really an int and we should probably use %d instead. Could you make this change and recompile?

BTW, I've seen a lot of %ld and casting things to long throughout the code base. This makes me nervous as a long is 64 bits for 64-bit compiles while an int is still just 32 bits.

Also, if you get a Mac makefile working, could you email me a copy (perhaps with instructions). I've had interest in a mac compile for Chengband before but could never oblige as I don't have access to a mac. My email address is ckousky at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

Comment

• Darin
            Apprentice
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by chris
            In cmd3.c on line 55 is the following code:
            Code:
            sprintf(out_val, "Inventory: carrying %d.%d pounds (%ld%% of capacity). Command: ", 
              (int)(p_ptr->total_weight / 10), 
              (int)(p_ptr->total_weight % 10), 
              (p_ptr->total_weight * 100) / weight_limit());
            The total_weight field seems correct. But I wonder if the %ld is wrong. The field is really an int and we should probably use %d instead. Could you make this change and recompile?

BTW, I've seen a lot of %ld and casting things to long throughout the code base. This makes me nervous as a long is 64 bits for 64-bit compiles while an int is still just 32 bits.

Also, if you get a Mac makefile working, could you email me a copy (perhaps with instructions). I've had interest in a mac compile for Chengband before but could never oblige as I don't have access to a mac. My email address is ckousky at gmail dot com.

Thanks!
            Yup, that fixed it. I actually didn't get the mac makefile working, since I have never gotten any of the mac makefiles for variants of earlier Angband versions to work with recent Mac OS X versions. I used the makefile.linux, and even then I had to get rid of the GCU code. So as far as I can tell one would need an Intel mac with X11 or XQuartz to use the binary I made. And as with the Halls of Mist binary, one will have to rename the save file to something like "501.<username>".

Comment

• Qyx
              Apprentice
              • Dec 2012

On starting the game, looked for help with selecting a race... got "Cannot open 'races.txt'..." Noticed the actual file in /lib is 'Races.txt'...

Comment

• chris
                PosChengband Maintainer
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Qyx
                On starting the game, looked for help with selecting a race... got "Cannot open 'races.txt'..." Noticed the actual file in /lib is 'Races.txt'...
                Thanks for the catch. It works OK on windows (case preserving) but not on linux (case sensitive). It will be fixed in the next release I push, but I'm generally waiting for game crash bugs to push new releases. In the meantime, you can rename the file as 'races.txt' and it should work for you. (Note: The helpfiles for Warlocks and Weaponmasters still need to be written).

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by chris
                  Yeah, this is really an annoying part of the C89 standard printf(). The only really portable way to get this working properly (without always casting) on 32 and 64 bit is to use format string defines, so something like:

Code:
                  #ifdef ON_64_BIT_PLATFORM
                  #define FMTs32 "%d"
                  #define FMTu32 "%u"
                  #else
                  #define FMTs32 "%ld"
                  #define FMTu32 "%lu"
                  #endif
                  and then use them as follows:

Code:
                       int32_t foo = 123;
                       printf("something " FMTs32 " something something.", x);
                  (note that int32_t is also C99.)

The only other way is simply using "int" everywhere, but that may not be sufficient on all compilers/platforms.

Comment

• Qyx
                    Apprentice
                    • Dec 2012

Maybe a dumb question... is there an easy way to avoid destroying scrolls of summons?

Comment

• Qyx
                      Apprentice
                      • Dec 2012

Minor bug (or perhaps not, but seems like it might be):

Confusion affecting target after already slain:

>>You have slain the Novice rogue.
                      >>Your Claw stops glowing.
                      >>The Novice rogue appears confused.

Comment

• chris
                        PosChengband Maintainer
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Qyx
                        Maybe a dumb question... is there an easy way to avoid destroying scrolls of summons?
                        Do you mean Scrolls of Summon Monster? An easy way is to open up your pickup preferences file (Press '_') and simply type
                        Code:
                        summon monster
                        on a blank line.

Comment

• chris
                          PosChengband Maintainer
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Qyx
                          Minor bug (or perhaps not, but seems like it might be):

Confusion affecting target after already slain:

>>You have slain the Novice rogue.
                          >>Your Claw stops glowing.
                          >>The Novice rogue appears confused.
                          That's a bug ... It will be fixed for next release.

Comment

• Qyx
                            Apprentice
                            • Dec 2012

Thanks, I did use that method, but wasn't sure if it had implications since I'd been using the "easy autopicker settings" til then.

Also, just noticed, had a thief (Bullroarer) steal some money, but when I killed it, it didn't drop the money. Is that intended?

Comment

• chris
                              PosChengband Maintainer
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Qyx
                              Thanks, I did use that method, but wasn't sure if it had implications since I'd been using the "easy autopicker settings" til then.

Also, just noticed, had a thief (Bullroarer) steal some money, but when I killed it, it didn't drop the money. Is that intended?
                              Yes, you lose any stolen gold permanently. However, stolen objects can be retrieved by killing the thief.

Comment

• emulord
                                Adept
                                • Oct 2009

So theres been a change I want to request for every variant with "personality".
                                Reduce munchkin bonuses by at least half. It doesn't allow newbies to learn how to play the game since the stats are so out of alignment with a regular character's stats. The only way to make it remotely fair is to have a pathetic race/class combination like yeek tourist or such. +2/+3 every stat and more hit dice and good skills is plenty.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎