[Un] Unangband 0.6.3 prerelease 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Arralen
    "Kamikaze Faerie Blood" as coating, which did not give any <LABEL> because I don't know what it does
    I thought that was common knowledge.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    And the list goes on *sigh*

    - Enchanting a "Dagger (1d4) (+1,0) {coated}" to (+2,0) deleted the {coated} label.
    It does show up as coated upon (I)nspection, though. Looks like this happened because I tried out "Kamikaze Faerie Blood" as coating, which did not give any <LABEL> because I don't know what it does (Poison, Disease, nothing, etc.): I checked again with a Dart (1d3) (+1,+0) <Poison-coated> {coated}, and it turned to (+2,+0) <Poison-coated> {coated}.

    edit: Sad news - the labels seem to vanish all on their own at times, even from wielded weapons, with no (dis-)enchantment involved. At first I thought the coating had worn of, but trying to apply a new coat got me the message if I wanted to remove the old one, and inspecting the weapon showed a coating as well.
    Re-applying coats on primary and secondary weapon resulted in a label only on the 2nd weapon, while the primary stayed without any label. Could be related to dual-wield speciality, haven't tested that up to now.

    Berlios #15682
    Last edited by Arralen; May 14, 2009, 19:26.

    Leave a comment:


  • baddog73
    replied
    - I found a set of leather gloves (0d0) [1] {unusual}; it displays the damage dice

    - Don't have a clue how much this involves, it would be very nice if {normal} things should auto-id to +0,+0, and most importantly {normal} arrows should stack with +0,+0 arrows of the same type.

    - Messages like "You see a stick" or "You see a stump"; extra space between "a" and object
    Last edited by baddog73; May 12, 2009, 21:15.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    Some more little problems:

    - Missing thrown weapons seemingly trigger checks for coatings !?
    "You miss the Rot jelly.
    The Rot jelly is immune to poison.
    You have 6 Daggers (1d4) <Poison-coated> (n).
    The Dagger disappears."
    Berlios 15683

    - Area indicator of traps overwrites walls and doors ...
    Berlios 15684

    - Monsters seems to either avoid traps set by the player (thief), or sometimes get "stuck" and don't move to attack the @ which is only 2 tiles away ?!
    Already reported: Berlios 15382 and 15562 (duplicate)

    ... on the other hand ... :

    - Monster can trigger pre-set traps in the dungeon ?! How did I miss that feature from ADOM in *bands ... nothing more fun than have a drove of centipedes stumble into a gas trap ...
    Worm masses make a nasty mess, though

    - Why do allied monster leave after a short time ? Found 2 "charging" baby dragon eggs, figured they could hatch when fully charged, so I picked them up and carried them around. Both hatched after some time, but the baby dragons left after (rough guess) 200 turns. Am I supposed to feed them, or to heal them instantly if they get wounded, or what?
    Btw., having a baby dragon follow me around is totally cute .. reminds me of Tome ...
    Last edited by Arralen; May 14, 2009, 19:58.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulBlay
    I'm guessing 'ANIMAL' means SLAY_ANIMAL in unangband.
    Wrong guess.
    DSM has the "DRAGON" flag, while weapons show the usual SLAY_XY flag .. so yes, wearing a spidersilk tabard marks you as an animal
    Or at least, it should, AFAIU.

    Leave a comment:


  • PaulBlay
    replied
    Originally posted by baddog73
    It marks you as an animal. ?
    I'm guessing 'ANIMAL' means SLAY_ANIMAL in unangband.

    Leave a comment:


  • baddog73
    replied
    So the description should have said: It cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, or cold. It gives resistance to shards. It marks you as an animal. ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    Thanks for the spoiler !
    Sadly, I have to report another ????? problem:

    - Missing info upon (I)inspection: IDed (shop service) "Tabard (Spiderthread) worth 3035 gold pieces [3,+7]" shows only "... weighs 7.5 lbs. When thrown, it does 1d1 blunt damage. It increases your armor class by 10. It is a useful ego item. You can apply runes to it or enchant it with additional powers. It was lying on the floor on dungeon level 7".
    According to the edit file, it should have IGNORE_ACID | IGNORE_ELEC | IGNORE_FIRE | IGNORE_COLD | RES_SHARD | ANIMAL | ... shouldn't that show up when IDed ?
    Btw., Res_Shard does not show up on the char info, either ...

    edit 2: Actually, reading ?oLegendLore seems to give me the missing info piece by piece. Is this intended, and am I confusing variants again ???
    Last edited by Arralen; May 13, 2009, 07:55.

    Leave a comment:


  • andrewdoull
    replied
    Originally posted by Arralen
    I read a "sense magic" on an "Robe {unusual}", and it turned into "Robe worth 450 gold" {unusual}" .. isn't that what "value magic" is good for?
    Sense magic 'strongly' pseudo ids any kit that you can normally pseudo id in the same way...

    Note that there's actually a weak and a strong result for pseudo id - {unusual} is the weak result (if an item is interesting - either good or bad) and the gold value the strong result for thieves...

    Andrew

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    - Message "Your rod of **** has charged" interrupts (STRG-S)earching, like a monster in sight does !
    Berlios 15685

    - Monsters shouldn't move over harmful tiles if there's the possiblity to evade: Berlios 15686
    On Barrow-Downs I heard something "shreaking in pain" several times, while I was fighting a Snake in a doorway I retreated into. Then something died. When I looked around the corner some turns later a Giant Black Frog Corpse lay beneath the doorway, behind it 3 unlit braziers (in a line of several lit braziers):
    Code:
    #...............#
    #.0.0.0~0@0.0.0.#
    ######### #######

    - "?Magic Mapping" does not map corridors made of "Open Vents" Berlios 15687

    - Speed display and (strg-s)earching display on the same spot with bottom line display..: "Searching -8"

    - Rod of Light says it has range 8, but it lights up 9 tiles; Presumably because neighbouring tiles are lit up as well, so not only the neighboring ones to the left/right, but the one in the beam direction is affected, too. Btw., that range seems quite low, compared to monster detection range and other variants ...
    Last edited by Arralen; May 14, 2009, 20:12.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewdoull
    The type of pseudo id you get is class dependent.
    Oh, I see - makes more sense that a thief is more interested in the (selling) value of an object, then some details of its magical properties.

    Does this apply to scrolls as well?
    I read a "sense magic" on an "Robe {unusual}", and it turned into "Robe worth 450 gold" {unusual}" .. isn't that what "value magic" is good for?

    I must admit the ID system of UN is confusing at times .. I never really know if it's a bug, a feature or just me being dumb again
    But it's definitly the most interesting ID system I've found in any rougelike
    Last edited by Arralen; May 12, 2009, 13:28.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arralen
    replied
    Inability to sell certain items pseudo-ID-ed as {average}
    Originally posted by andrewdoull
    Odd - I'll have to look at this further.
    Here's a savegame - enter the weapons shop, see that
    - the shovel is sellable
    - the lochaber axe isn't
    .. both are "freshly" from Barrow-Downs, and only auto-pseudo-ID-ed. (no scroll read on them)

    Hope this helps!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Arralen; May 12, 2009, 13:28.

    Leave a comment:


  • andrewdoull
    replied
    Originally posted by baddog73
    I'm going to use this post for any bugs or possible bugs.

    - Is it intended that the player should have to rest on a shop entrance to enter? This only happened the first time I was in Hobbiton, after returning there shop entrances were normal.
    There's a bug filed for this already. Since it appears to affect people quite frequently, I guess I'll have to fix it. Try the secret '_' command to enter shops.

    - Not able to attack hobbits via melee. Found this out when I tried to kill Maggot.
    It's harmless townsfolk... hmmm... not being able to melee Maggot is... interesting. I think I'll keep it in... I'll have to adjust his hit points to make it possible to kill him without melee though.

    Andrew

    Leave a comment:


  • andrewdoull
    replied
    Originally posted by Arralen
    - Got a strange message upon reloading yesterdays savegame - a char I started with pre2, btw. :

    "8 8 8 8 8 8 14 8 4 8 15 15 15 6 8 2 9 1 (etc.)
    Loading a 0.6.3.7 savefile...
    Restoring Dungeon..."

    This only shows up on the top of the main screen, not in the message log.
    Looks like I've forgotten to remove some diagnostic code.
    - Bill Ferny dropped an {unusual} Soft Leather Armor ... and a "Leather Coat worth 1450 gold pieces", a "Pick worth 1350 gold pieces" ... comparing with older versions of UN I would say the wrong type of ID was applied as pseudo here ?!
    The type of pseudo id you get is class dependent.

    Andrew

    Leave a comment:


  • andrewdoull
    replied
    Originally posted by Arralen
    Trying out 063-pre2-win I found that :

    - I wasn't able to sell {average} armour and weapons in armourer/weapons shop in town (Bree) on the first try ! Temple wanted to buy an {average} whip, though - maybe because it already had 12 Whips (1d4) (+0,+0) ?! After I tried and canceled that with ESC, the 2 other shops offered to buy the {average} pieces as well ??????
    I'm pretty sure it's not me overlooking the letters - there is something fishy about the sell orders... This was in Bree, and I wasn't able to sell 2 other pieces in Hobbiton a bit earlier as well. So I went and fetched from my home the Spiked Club {average} I wasn't able to sell in Hobbiton, and was not sellable at the weapons smith in Bree as well, while the whip still was. Went to the magic shop and had it IDed, and it was sellable afterwards?
    Odd - I'll have to look at this further.


    - area traps seem to work great, but gas traps are impossible for a thief to disarm, because they always go of when trying to get near them (A discoloured spot didn't go off, though).
    There's a way of avoiding every trap. I was actually considering swapping the discoloured spot and gas trap avoidance techniques in the final version so that gas traps were easier to figure out how to avoid - I'll try to make this clearer in the final release.

    - on the other hand, "confused" status does not seem to hinder movement and fighting ... maybe I should have tried disarming the gas trap as well .. sorry, that simply didn't come to my mind.
    Confusion now incrementally impairs you, rather than being all or nothing impairment.

    - it's impossible to melee anyone in town, yet the inhabitants -including the cockroaches- can hit the @ !!
    That's not the intention - only harmless town monsters and those on errands should not be attacked by the player. I'll have to check my assumptions on this.

    Andrew

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕