[Un] Unangband 0.6.3 prerelease 2
Collapse
X
-
-
Try lining them up in a row on the floor and lighting the end one...I'm seriously missing the opportunity to throw flasks from a Magic Bag of Supplies. Using (F) it's only possible to throw the complete bag, what doesn't make that much sense IMHO.
Now if all flasks therein would go off at once, that would be useful at times, but they don't
You're right - they should be throwable. Bug it.
Probably, but I temporarily removed it. Feel free to file a bug.Isn't the temple supposed to buy a fully IDed "Dagger (Blessed) (1d4) (+11,+8)" ?
AndrewLeave a comment:
-
However we should be identifying what runes are required to make those ego object types. It does not depend on the state of the idness of the object...
Its a bug.
Do you get a line number and file when you Force Quit. This works for me, and I really dread debugging initialisation code like this.
Also, FYI Andrew, I downloaded and build the latest SVN, and the program hangs on "[Initializing arrays... (spells)]".
AndrewLeave a comment:
-
I *believe* that it depends on the state of IDness of the object. <Magic> is the generic "I don't know what rune makes this" designation, not a specific rune type itself. I'm pretty sure that it's not class dependent. Not sure if that helped at all.What are Scrolls of Rune Magic supposed to do? A Dagger (Blessed) got a <Magic> tag, my Gauntlets of Poison got <Magic> as well ... I somehow doubt that a single Magic Runestone would turn a dagger into a "Blessed" ego, or a gauntlets into "of Poison" variety ?! Or is this class-dependant .. and a thief is not supposed to get any useful info?
Also, FYI Andrew, I downloaded and build the latest SVN, and the program hangs on "[Initializing arrays... (spells)]".Leave a comment:
-
I'm seriously missing the opportunity to throw flasks from a Magic Bag of Supplies. Using (F) it's only possible to throw the complete bag, what doesn't make that much sense IMHO.
Now if all flasks therein would go off at once, that would be useful at times, but they don't
The menue works fine for dropping and refueling lamps, though!
[ Bug #15752 ] Unable to throw flasks from a Magic Bag of Supplies
What are Scrolls of Rune Magic supposed to do? A Dagger (Blessed) got a <Magic> tag, my Gauntlets of Poison got <Magic> as well ... I somehow doubt that a single Magic Runestone would turn a dagger into a "Blessed" ego, or a gauntlets into "of Poison" variety ?! Or is this class-dependant .. and a thief is not supposed to get any useful info?
[ Bug #15753 ] Scrolls of Rune Magic works incorrectly
Isn't the temple supposed to buy a fully IDed "Dagger (Blessed) (1d4) (+11,+8)" ?
[ Bug #15751 ] Temple should buy "Dagger (Blessed) (1d4) (+11,+8)" [again]Last edited by Arralen; May 25, 2009, 17:08.Leave a comment:
-
Not sure... it's a bit of a spoiler... I think making it a service isn't the right approach and will change this accordingly.
Not really - which is why I've filed a bug for it.- Also I'm getting confused about when pseudo-id tags should disappear from items. If I have arrows {average} and use them for a while, they become arrows (+0,+0) {average}. Sometimes certain types of ID will delete the tags, and at other times they remain. Do you think it's working correctly?Leave a comment:
-
I didn't know that... Is there a way to make it more apparent what its use is?
- Also I'm getting confused about when pseudo-id tags should disappear from items. If I have arrows {average} and use them for a while, they become arrows (+0,+0) {average}. Sometimes certain types of ID will delete the tags, and at other times they remain. Do you think it's working correctly?Leave a comment:
-
This should be fixed in svn.Inability to sell certain items pseudo-ID-ed as {average}
Here's a savegame - enter the weapons shop, see that
- the shovel is sellable
- the lochaber axe isn't
.. both are "freshly" from Barrow-Downs, and only auto-pseudo-ID-ed. (no scroll read on them)
Hope this helps!Leave a comment:
-
Fixed in svn.
It will discover any high level random resists on items you have. It may be a little early to have this in Gandalf's shop.- A service of "feedback" in Gandalf's shop seems silly.
You can use them to clean things you find in the dungeon...- Something for discussion: Are potions of water any use whatsoever?
AndrewLeave a comment:
-
I think everyone has made excellent suggestions: I'd like to focus on whether there is anyway these lessons can be learned before the Dunlending.But Dunlending _is_ meant to be mean. He's optional, opens access to a lot of freebies and drops your first artifact a couple thousand turns into the game, if you are lucky. I've seen people kill him, whom he normally kills with one spell (hint: harden yourself against his damage spells, disable him in the first turn or deal with him totally out of sight (possible, too, in many ways, depending on class and finds, and if he does not see you he can't slow you nor kill you)). He is a kind of a puzzle, really, only quite a replayable one...
The specific problem is that we have a monster who is hard to hit, has a lot of hitpoints and has ranged attacks. Ideally, I'd like ranger players to have encountered monsters which have two of these attributes prior to fighting the Dunlending, in order that they can discover what tactics work against this type of monster.
Hard to hit & ranged attack: The only monsters which the player will have run into up until now which are as hard to hit are snakes. But none of these have ranged attacks. I suspect I'll need to modify one of the existing snakes to have it spit poison.
Lot of hitpoints and ranged attack: Nothing really fits the criteria except Thorn Trees, which don't appear until deeper. Mushrooms don't have the range to be a threat to archers.
Hard to hit and lots of hitpoints: Anything that falls into this category will be a threat to most players...
Edit: I've added a number of monsters to try to make archers have to think about how they fight a bit earlier.
AndrewLast edited by andrewdoull; May 23, 2009, 08:27.Leave a comment:
-
-
Yeah, and even just dipping your (+0, +0) arrows in oil can double the damage you do. Criticals (heroism and blessing) help, too.
But Dunlending _is_ meant to be mean. He's optional, opens access to a lot of freebies and drops your first artifact a couple thousand turns into the game, if you are lucky. I've seen people kill him, whom he normally kills with one spell (hint: harden yourself against his damage spells, disable him in the first turn or deal with him totally out of sight (possible, too, in many ways, depending on class and finds, and if he does not see you he can't slow you nor kill you)). He is a kind of a puzzle, really, only quite a replayable one...Leave a comment:
-
AFAIK only to-hit depends on class (Ranger in this case, so much I figured, what should give you very good bow skill). To-damage does not depend on class, but on launcher and arrows used.
Should be pretty obvious that a Shortbow (x2) (+0,+0) and Arrows (1d6) (+0+,0) will do less damage then an {excellent} cutlass ... .
Therefore, before using mushrooms for coatings one should use scrolls to enchant the bow/arrows!Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment: