Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego Gonzalez
    Adept
    • May 2007

When Morgoth is in the level, I just have eyes for my HP...

Comment

• DavidMedley
      Veteran
      • Oct 2019

Inconsistency rather than a bug, but it seems like Staff of Starlight should light up squares like Rod/Wand of Light does.
      Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• PowerWyrm
        Prophet
        • Apr 2008

Little inconsistency: all hydras have OPEN_DOOR except 5-headed and 6-headed ones. There's no reason why those are different.
        PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Sky
          Veteran
          • Oct 2016

Potion of Life does not replenish hunger.
          "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• animal_waves
            Rookie
            • Aug 2018

Related to the switch to online-only help files (I guess): when creating a new character, in the birth options menu, using the keybindings for the description ("?") returns "cannot open options.txt".
            Last edited by animal_waves; February 8, 2020, 19:38.

Comment

• animal_waves
              Rookie
              • Aug 2018

Also, already evoked in another thread: newbie mistake, stuck deep into the dungeon without a light source but many scrolls of word recall. Tried to read a scroll next to a light emitting monster, but it didn't work. Hopefully, Holhenneth allowed me to navigate through the dungeon and finally find a torch.
              Last edited by animal_waves; February 8, 2020, 19:48.

Comment

• Nick
                Vanilla maintainer
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wobbly
                How confident are you that shatter attacks are working properly? I've been getting severly crushed more regularly and in odd circummstances. The last time it happened my home square was free and there were still 5 empty squares around me.
                I suspect this is because the code only looks at squares without traps or objects, including ignored stuff, as escape squares. I've changed it so that you only can't get pushed if there's a monster in the way.
                One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2007

If there is a trap does it get sprung?

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                    If there is a trap does it get sprung?
                    I guess so.
                    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• wobbly
                      Prophet
                      • May 2012

Bit of a stupid question from someone not very Git savy: How do I create a pull request? If I just push to origin from my local copy will that automatically do it?

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by wobbly
                        Bit of a stupid question from someone not very Git savy: How do I create a pull request? If I just push to origin from my local copy will that automatically do it?
                        I use Tortoise Git and after pressing "commit" then "push" you get another option to create a pull request.
                        PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• fph
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                          I use Tortoise Git and after pressing "commit" then "push" you get another option to create a pull request.
                          As far as I understand, there are two separate things called a "pull request", which creates confusion.

In principle, a "pull request" in Git is nothing more than an exchange of messages between two humans: "hey, maintainer, could you please pull this revision from this repo?". It is not automated, and there is no specific format o protocol to send it. Git has a command `git request-pull` that pretty-prints a sample message to stdout with all the details of the revision to pull, but you still have to send it to the maintainer via mail or any other method.

However, Github (the hosting site) introduced a more streamlined process: as long as both repos are hosted on Github (and one has been created with the "fork" button on Github), you can click a button on their website to request a pull from the forker to the forkee (is that a word?). Github displays it on a nice page, with a "merge" button and a comment thread, and notifies the maintainer. So the main way to create a Github PR is online, from within Github's website. Nowadays, in my experience, when people talk about a PR they talk about a Github one.

I am not sure which one the button in Tortoise does, but I suspect it's the former.
                          --
                          Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• wobbly
                            Prophet
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by fph
                            As far as I understand, there are two separate things called a "pull request", which creates confusion.

In principle, a "pull request" in Git is nothing more than an exchange of messages between two humans: "hey, maintainer, could you please pull this revision from this repo?". It is not automated, and there is no specific format o protocol to send it. Git has a command `git request-pull` that pretty-prints a sample message to stdout with all the details of the revision to pull, but you still have to send it to the maintainer via mail or any other method.

However, Github (the hosting site) introduced a more streamlined process: as long as both repos are hosted on Github (and one has been created with the "fork" button on Github), you can click a button on their website to request a pull from the forker to the forkee (is that a word?). Github displays it on a nice page, with a "merge" button and a comment thread, and notifies the maintainer. So the main way to create a Github PR is online, from within Github's website. Nowadays, in my experience, when people talk about a PR they talk about a Github one.

I am not sure which one the button in Tortoise does, but I suspect it's the former.
                            Thanks, I got this to work

Comment

• Sinquen
                              Rookie
                              • Feb 2015

Multiple Beorn kills

As mentioned earlier with Quaker, uniques may come back after getting killed, even though they are listed as "dead" in monster knowledge. My current druid character killed Beorn 3 times on consecutive levels - 1400', 1450' and 1500'. Recalled to town after each level, if I remember correctly.

Haven't seen him since, so he's probably gone for good now.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                                Prophet
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Sinquen
                                As mentioned earlier with Quaker, uniques may come back after getting killed, even though they are listed as "dead" in monster knowledge. My current druid character killed Beorn 3 times on consecutive levels - 1400', 1450' and 1500'. Recalled to town after each level, if I remember correctly.

Haven't seen him since, so he's probably gone for good now.
                                That's because the unique can be used as a shapechange form for other mobs, which doesn't care about the unique being dead.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎