X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by gglibertine
    If a shovel of earthquakes is in inventory but not equipped, no earthquakes occur when digging even though you get the shovel's digging bonus. Uncertain whether this was intentional.
    I don't remember earthquakes ever occurring while digging, only when used in melee.
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• DavidMedley
      Veteran
      • Oct 2019

If a shovel of earthquakes is in inventory but not equipped...you get the shovel's digging bonus.
      This has gotta be a bug
      Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• dionysian
        Apprentice
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by DavidMedley
        This has gotta be a bug
        I noticed during a recent priest character that there is auto-swapping if you have a digger in your inventory. I wouldn't have realized if it weren't for the messages about being more or less in tune with my weapon. I love changes like this. They make the game less grindy without impacting balance or strategy.
        Oh, Mr. Speaker, I had underestimated the tenderness of the feelings of the members opposite.
        --Barney Frank

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

If a shovel of earthquakes is in inventory but not equipped, no earthquakes occur when digging even though you get the shovel's digging bonus. Uncertain whether this was intentional.
          Intentional. The change was that your best digger is always used to dig, regardless of whether you're wielding it or it's in your pack (technically it's swapped in and out again every turn).

You never get earthquakes from digging, only from hitting an enemy.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Does it affect your HP and SP if you have a stat stick weapon?

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
              Does it affect your HP and SP if you have a stat stick weapon?
              No, the swap in and out happen within the player turn and avoid recalculation of stuff like HP and SP.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                Veteran
                • Jan 2009

When a necro switches to Warg form, there is a Berserk Strength boost temporarily. However, unlike the potion or spell, it is not curing fear. Is that an oversight?
                “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                  When a necro switches to Warg form, there is a Berserk Strength boost temporarily. However, unlike the potion or spell, it is not curing fear. Is that an oversight?
                  Oh, probably

Comment

• DavidMedley
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Nick
                    Intentional. The change was that your best digger is always used to dig, regardless of whether you're wielding it or it's in your pack (technically it's swapped in and out again every turn).

You never get earthquakes from digging, only from hitting an enemy.
                    Oh, yeah. I've seen that swapping message before, too. Love saving the player that micromanagement! I assume the swapping takes no time, then? Perhaps the "You tunnel into ..." could have "...with [digger or weapon]" added? Tho that might be a bit more cringe... I always hate tunnelling with some priceless artifact!! It's like using the Mona Lisa as a tablecloth.
                    Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• bughunter
                      Adept
                      • Nov 2019

Quiver stacks displayed wrong in inventory

Searched thread for "quiver" - no results.

I've noticed that in inventory view (i) that the quiver stacks are not displayed the same as they are in the quiver view (|). During gameplay, the stacks shown in the quiver view appear to be correct.

I don't know if this is a bug carried over from older versions or not, I haven't played Angband in a loooong time. This is my first character in 4.2.0

Attached are a couple of screenshots for clarity.

(Also, the 'h' combat command appears to automagically select the quiver containing non-magical ammo with the highest quiver index number, rather than starting with quiver "0". However this may be a Layer 8 error.)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• wobbly
                        Prophet
                        • May 2012

How confident are you that shatter attacks are working properly? I've been getting severly crushed more regularly and in odd circummstances. The last time it happened my home square was free and there were still 5 empty squares around me.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2008

With current code, trying to set "-1-1d35" as a random value doesn't work and throws a parse error because z-dice expects that all dice values must be positive. Maybe this should be changed.
                          PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• backwardsEric
                            Knight
                            • Aug 2019

I've attached a patch from git format-patch for the memory leak mentioned earlier when a player inscribes an object.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bughunter
                              I've noticed that in inventory view (i) that the quiver stacks are not displayed the same as they are in the quiver view (|). During gameplay, the stacks shown in the quiver view appear to be correct.
                              This is actually working as designed. The quiver has 10 slots, each of which can hold up to 40 missiles, but the rule is that a single inventory slot is exactly 40 missiles. So in your example you have 5 quiver slots used by 140 missiles, but this only takes up 140/4 (rounded up to 4) inventory slots. The inventory view is intended just to show how many inventory slots are used, to make inventory management easier; the quiver view is meant to show in detail what missiles you have for firing.

Comment

• dionysian
                                Apprentice
                                • Apr 2007

Tried using sounds a bit... leading to a lot of hanging/crashing. Certainly due to sound. Game hangs and I have to restart pulseaudio before kill -9 even works. Using the gcu port. For now I'll just have to keep sounds off.

Not sure how to get logs or stack traces, but I'd be more than happy to do so if it would help. Just need to know the relevant commands.
                                Oh, Mr. Speaker, I had underestimated the tenderness of the feelings of the members opposite.
                                --Barney Frank

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍