X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by renato
    Hi all! I'm a long-time player (since about 2006?) but this is my first message here on the forum.

I just had a crash when I had a white wraith under control (necromancer Command ritual) that was trampled by a horned reaper. On reloading, it crashes again if I try to move (even in illegal directions), or do any non-info command (~, =, e, i, l, [] etc. work). Tried already: r (my best shot, to "release" the trampled monster,), mazu{qwAE,.Rstopdghxcv; 'n' doesn't crash but does nothing either.

Do you have ideas on how I can continue the game? It's my second necromancer at CL 45 (the first had an early death).

Let me know if more info is needed.
    If you can zip your savefile (and randart file if you're playing randarts) and attach to this thread, that would be great. Thanks for the report.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• DavidMedley
      Veteran
      • Oct 2019

Couple Darkness Oddities

Monster generated darkness (I observed it on a Huorn) penetrates granite walls and doesn't disturb you.

"Hmm... suspicious cloud of darkness approaching... But let me finish my Sudoku first."
      Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Tibarius
        Swordsman
        • Jun 2011

level feeling

So far i played 4.2.0 i think the level feelings are NOT shown if you turn the loose artifacts when leaving level birth option ON and there is indeed an artifact in the level. Could be that i reported it already in another thread. Just thought i post it again when i visit the forums today.
        Blondes are more fun!

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

Seems stealing when you have a full pack causes you to drop whatever is last on your item list.

"You have a sling". "You are yanked upwards!". "Your pack overflows"."You drop a sling". Ok all good, its just interesting that it came back to town with me.

"You have a handful of dried fruit". "Your pack overflows" "You drop a gold ring". That could get inconvenient.

Comment

• DavidMedley
            Veteran
            • Oct 2019

I can't (W)alk into a trap with immunity to traps gear on (Wormtongue).

I was wrong earlier in this thread when I said that 95 energy per attack is not documented in-game anywhere. When viewing a weapon with 100 energy per attack it will say "You would attack a bit faster." Still, it's not much.
            Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• DavidMedley
              Veteran
              • Oct 2019

Monsters Have No Appreciation for the Arts!

When I switch graphical tile sets to see different artists' takes on a monster, time passes and the monster attacks me!!

Comment

• Sky
                Veteran
                • Oct 2016

4.1.2 - never seen it reported, probably still applies; also, not sure if actually a bug.
                Sangahyando Of Umbar spawned in a small special room without his accompanying unique Angmaite Of Umbar. I understand that these two guys always spawn in pair.
                "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Hi all! I'm a long-time player (since about 2006?) but this is my first message here on the forum.

I just had a crash when I had a white wraith under control (necromancer Command ritual) that was trampled by a horned reaper. On reloading, it crashes again if I try to move (even in illegal directions), or do any non-info command (~, =, e, i, l, [] etc. work). Tried already: r (my best shot, to "release" the trampled monster,), mazu{qwAE,.Rstopdghxcv; 'n' doesn't crash but does nothing either.

Do you have ideas on how I can continue the game? It's my second necromancer at CL 45 (the first had an early death).

Let me know if more info is needed.

[edit: attached save file]
                  Here is your savefile, should now work.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• renato
                    Rookie
                    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Nick
                    Here is your savefile, should now work.
                    Thanks a lot! Did you manage to reproduce the bug? I'll avoid controlling monsters around horned reapers and other tramplers until it is fixed.

Comment

• renato
                      Rookie
                      • Oct 2019

By the way, I managed to perform the test I really wanted, but without luck: controlling a horned reaper doesn't make you able to trample other monsters using it. The other way around (putting the monster in the path of the horned reaper) works, but produces that crash.

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

Thanks a lot! Did you manage to reproduce the bug? I'll avoid controlling monsters around horned reapers and other tramplers until it is fixed.
                        I haven't actually reproduced it, but I saw enough from your savefile to know why it happened.

I can see the appeal of making a controlled monster trample others, I'll see how feasible that is.

Comment

• Tibarius
                          Swordsman
                          • Jun 2011

bug in 4.2.0 (and also tested in 4.0.0, 4.1.3)

The character information screen does not show the proper speed value.

A character that has higher than normal speed (gained in the test by Haste Self spell), in this case +10 Speed is correctly shown on the main screen.

But if you type 'C' to see the characer sheet, there the speed is shown as "Normal".

The 4.0.0 version was the first version i was able to modify class.txt file, adding a level 1 haste self spell (for testing purposes) and reproduce the bug. Also 4.1.3 and the latest version 4.2.0.

I am quite surprised about this bug. Speed is the single most important character modificator. And noone noticed that for several years now???
                          Odd - but at least the sources on my computer say so ...
                          Blondes are more fun!

Comment

• Pete Mack
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

The character screen shows permanent stats suitable for character dump, with the minornexception of '!' in the @ column representing temp haste or resistance. So: of course we all have noticed and it is not a bug.

Comment

• wobbly
                              Prophet
                              • May 2012

Yes it's not a bug, however I think there's room for improvement. PCB displays it as 0 + 10 when hasted at base speed.

Comment

• jevansau
                                Adept
                                • Jan 2009

Something seems to be wrong with deep drops. Up to a point drops improve with deeper levels and monsters, but this seems to change very deep.
                                E.G. Carcharoth (L90) DROP_GOOD, at DL97 dropped:
                                Main Gauche (+6 +8), Fur Cloak [3,+9], Heavy Crossbow (+7,+6), Bar Chain Mail [45,+7], Wicker Shield [2,+6].

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎