X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sphara
    I've gotten into a weird situation, what seems to be a bug. I'm standing on a room that has pillars and straight corridors. There's a band of Ologs coming my way but they do not engage, even though the path is not blocked. Ologs stay away one tile between me and them, and they keep moving north and south in front of me, never crossing the melee line. If I cross the line and get next to them, they do not attack, just keep jumping north/south. As if they were curious and afraid at the same time. Ologs in question, were mildly wounded by 2-3 Stinking Clouds but they were not fleeing at any point. Note: these Ologs are a part of Rogrog's gang.

I have noticed the same behavior earlier with Uruks. And notably, Uruks did not use their ranged attack. Just stayed away from melee, not fleeing.

I have game saved in angband.live right in the middle of this weirdness.
    Working as intended, I believe. The ologs are Rogrog's bodyguard, and they're shielding him from you.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Sphara
      Knight
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Nick
      Working as intended, I believe. The ologs are Rogrog's bodyguard, and they're shielding him from you.
      For intended behavior, this guarding flag is not efficient. Well for the poor trolls, it isn't. Ologs are 100% free to kill without any resistance, since Rogrog just sits awake in another room about 15 tiles away and doesn't pursue.

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

For intended behavior, this guarding flag is not efficient. Well for the poor trolls, it isn't. Ologs are 100% free to kill without any resistance, since Rogrog just sits awake in another room about 15 tiles away and doesn't pursue.
        Hm, OK, will look at that.

Comment

• Sphara
          Knight
          • Oct 2016

Hm, OK, will look at that.
          Alright. I killed almost all of Rogrog's entourage before I went close enough for him to start chasing.

If it is any help, Cave Trolls and Troll Scavengers did NOT respect the distance to their master. They attacked. Ologs attacked when I went close enough to Rogrog. Attack distance was Rogrog at W 18 (I forgot to look at coordinates when estimating the gap between me and him earlier)

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Alright. I killed almost all of Rogrog's entourage before I went close enough for him to start chasing.

If it is any help, Cave Trolls and Troll Scavengers did NOT respect the distance to their master. They attacked. Ologs attacked when I went close enough to Rogrog. Attack distance was Rogrog at W 18 (I forgot to look at coordinates when estimating the gap between me and him earlier)
            Cool, thanks. I'm going to stop bodyguards trying to protect if they're out of LoS and too far away.

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Saplaran
              Walking around while getting hit by the dark hounds should reproduce the bug. Default graphics with "center map continously" enabled.
              OK, wandered around and got breathed on a lot, but no graphics glitches. I'm using Windows 10 Home 1803. Very odd.

EDIT: This and Chud's black writing for monster spells I have not fixed yet; Sphara's bodyguards and fph's slay learning are fixed in development.
              Last edited by Nick; August 14, 2019, 13:38. Reason: Summary

Comment

• Saplaran
                Rookie
                • Oct 2011

OK, wandered around and got breathed on a lot, but no graphics glitches. I'm using Windows 10 Home 1803. Very odd.
                I tested this on another machine, Win 10 Home 1903, and had no problems, too. Indeed very odd.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chud
                  Minor display bug -- when looking at a monster, it looks like sometimes one of the damage items gets printed in the same color as the screen background, making it unreadable.

I can't reproduce this reliably, but I have seen it several times. I *think* I've only seen it in the description of breath attacks.

This happened to be a great swamp wyrm.

This is one or two builds back from the latest nightly -- baacb2d0c I believe -- on Linux mint 18.
                  Could you attach your lore.txt file? That seems like the most likely culprit.

Comment

• Chud
                    Swordsman
                    • Jun 2010

Could you attach your lore.txt file? That seems like the most likely culprit.
                    Here you go...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• tangar
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2015

Is it possible to make auto-load my character when I open the game? So there won't be need to 'open' manually every time
                      https://tangaria.com - Angband multiplayer variant
                      tangaria.com/variants - Angband variants table
                      tangar.info - my website ⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽
                      youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English ⍽ youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian

Comment

• Gwarl
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by tangar
                        Is it possible to make auto-load my character when I open the game? So there won't be need to 'open' manually every time
                        if you right click the exe there should be a field in properties somewhere where you can add -utangar to the command line where tangar is the name of your savefile

Comment

• MattB
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2013

Hi all,

picked it up again after a break and I'm delighted to say that, despite your best efforts to the contrary Nick, running around as a Half-Troll Warrior is largely unchanged! :-D
                          I did get seriously flummoxed by some trees at one point though... that was cool.
                          Just one question, what's the mechanic behind shield bashes?
                          I seemed to stumble *Every* time and miss my attack. Was I just unlucky or is it coz I is a troll?
                          Because if so, I think I'd rather not try and shield bash, given the choice.

Anyway, loving all the work.
                          Thanks as ever.

Matt

Comment

• tangar
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Gwarl
                            if you right click the exe there should be a field in properties somewhere where you can add -utangar to the command line where tangar is the name of your savefile
                            Thanks, but I got an error:

Cannot find required file:
                            -utangar
                            (also I've tried to add simple -tangar , it didn't help too)

And I've got 'tangar' savefile there ..\lib\user\save ; it works when I load it manually: file -> open
                            https://tangaria.com - Angband multiplayer variant
                            tangaria.com/variants - Angband variants table
                            tangar.info - my website ⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽
                            youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English ⍽ youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian

Comment

• takkaria
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Gwarl
                              This is a unix-only feature - the windows port doesn't support this in V at least.
                              takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Werbaer
                                Adept
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by takkaria
                                This is a unix-only feature - the windows port doesn't support this in V at least.
                                In windows, you need to include the path of the save file.
                                If you have the angband folder as working directory, add lib\user\save\savefilename to the command line (otherwise, you need the full path).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎