X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will_asher
    DaJAngband Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Djabanete
    I did that once but it was too easy, so I did it again with no artifacts or egos and without using the Left or Down keys.
    Post a dump!
    Will_Asher
    aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
    http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• Djabanete
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by will_asher
      Post a dump!
      I can't, it's on the other computer unfortunately --- along with my ironman, no-potions challenge winner that I played blindfolded.

But if you want to see a funny dump there's always this one

It's not doctored

Comment

• s-man
        Rookie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by AnonymousHero
        I can only second Timo's recommendation. Angband is much better when played with no second chances.

You will die a lot at first, but the important thing is to learn what you can from those deaths and to approach things differently next time.
        I am actually playing this way, with no saves. It does make you think before you move!

Comment

• buzzkill
          Prophet
          • May 2008

Originally posted by s-man
          I am actually playing this way, with no saves. It does make you think before you move!
          Yeah it does. One miscalculation, heck, even one errant keypress, and all could be lost. I want to apologize again if (just in case) I came off as kind of a dick in this thread, but it's just that if your playing without any concern for lost lives, you're kinda missing the whole point of the game. It wasn't personal.
          www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
          My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LostTemplar
            or shovel-wielding hobbit mage without books.
            Just in case you think these are jokes, Eddie (PowerDiver) won with egoless ironman char. That is character without any artifacts or ego-items using only enchanted normal items (DSM counts as normal item) and only downstairs, never up.

IIRC it was Hi-Elf ranger?

There was actually a race who gets the first egoless winner. Someone else got that too, but (again IIRC) it wasn't ironman.

Comment

• LostTemplar
              Knight
              • Aug 2009

won with egoless ironman char.
              but he used books, and was HE mage, not hobbit.
              Btw I was trying "wield nothing but light source" ironman warrior in FA, but died miserably on 20+ lvl. And, yes, Eddie earned huge respect by that win, best angband related achivement ever.
              Last edited by LostTemplar; December 12, 2011, 08:31.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎