X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rizwan
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by kingwanabee
    Yes, I had the impression it was about to be released so I've been checking every day. Maybe this weekend?
    It was all a ploy to increase hits on the site. Too bad there are no advertisements on it

Comment

• Zikke
      Veteran
      • Jun 2008

I want to apologize to Magnate and the other dev members for my incessant questioning of the timeline for the release. I was an IT Project Manager for 7 years at a very large mutual fund company, so my base instinct is to gently remind people of (their own) deadlines.
      A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
      A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
      C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
        I want to apologize to Magnate and the other dev members for my incessant questioning of the timeline for the release. I was an IT Project Manager for 7 years at a very large mutual fund company, so my base instinct is to gently remind people of (their own) deadlines.
        One thing you then need to learn about these kind of projects: there are no deadlines, only release estimates. Things get released when they are ready, not like in companies where markets force unfinished products on market, and then release zillion patches to fix things in those unfinished products (if they care about customers, have seen that way too many times, especially with bloatwares).

Comment

• Zikke
          Veteran
          • Jun 2008

Yep I'm aware. Thanks
          A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
          A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
          C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Magnate
            Angband Devteam member
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
            No offence taken - it was helpful to be reminded. Ironically the fact that we did the sensible thing and had a code freeze and a period of focused bug-squashing and testing meant that we lost our momentum - nobody was committing anything while we waited for bug reports, so by the time the 16th came it took us a couple of weeks to do the necessary finishing up because we'd all got a bit busy with RL. (I'm also a project manager IRL, albeit of the org change variety.)

We're still working on this whole collaborative development thing (roles, autonomy, decision-making etc.), so I'm sure 3.4's release manager will be slightly better equipped ...
            "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Max Stats
              Swordsman
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
              Things get released when they are ready, not like in companies where markets force unfinished products on market, and then release zillion patches to fix things in those unfinished products (if they care about customers, have seen that way too many times, especially with bloatwares).
              I wouldn't have any idea what product you could be referring to. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go check Windows Update and see if it's done downloading update #23452352 yet.
              If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why are beholders so freaking ugly?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎