Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dos350
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

thats sad napster, cos id like to see this game remain good.

derakoo, ~ diablo 2 was ruined as of 1.13c, not a joke!
    ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Angband 3.2.0 will always remain as good as it is today.

Angband 3.3.0 is a different game.

Don't think I played D2 1.13c.

Comment

• Starhawk
        Adept
        • Sep 2010

I've been playing one of the RC nightlies, and I just wanted to say how much I enjoy the more informative/descriptive combat messages. I also *really* like that spellcasting monsters now have a spell failure chance (at least this seems new, as I've never seen one fail before now).

Comment

• Magnate
          Angband Devteam member
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
          Don't think I played D2 1.13c.
          Neither did I - what did they change? Last change I remember was 1.12 when they finally removed the CD check. Was 1.13 a significant re-working like 1.10?

I have always been impressed with Blizzard's support lifetimes. The amount of work that went into the 1.1x patches must have been way more than the product was generating in income by then. They could have stopped at 1.09d with a clear conscience.

Now, will people please stop hijacking my release thread?
          "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Derakon
            Prophet
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Magnate
            Now, will people please stop hijacking my release thread?
            You first.

Comment

• dos350
              Knight
              • Sep 2010

yes, 1.13 was a radical change, and in that ,among other (good) things they disabled TPPK. (what kept hardcore players like me loving the game so long)

anyway, one good change for angband , would be making use of the color messages capabilities by default, most other change is sucking, believe me!
              ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• ChodTheWacko
                Adept
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by dos350
                anyway, one good change for angband
                [Life Cereal]
                Cool, he likes it
                [/Life Cereal]

Comment

• dos350
                  Knight
                  • Sep 2010

lol , please its not a joke ,someone make them default as or tell me wat2do again, ill do it and send it in, not a joke~ color msg is 4 pro nn2qq
                  ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Therem Harth
                    Knight
                    • Jan 2008

Look in the '=' options menu. Seriously, it can't possibly not be there.

Comment

• dos350
                      Knight
                      • Sep 2010

seriously , id say there would hav to be some tags of things or something in some file or watever to change thigns of color messages, they all white!

someone told me awhile ago but i did forget because there was much typing involved,
                      ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• azfalt
                        Apprentice
                        • Jan 2009

- the crash on landing a killing blow *might* be fixed - please post if it happens with this build
                        I've been able to consistently reproduce this crash on a June 27th MAC OS X build (see save file attached) when landing a killing blow on a Dread. Playing through this vault some more, it is starting to crash more frequently - I wonder if the crash is related to killing monsters that have picked up items generated by the vault? I notice that I never get the crashes from killing monsters that don't pick stuff up (though I just got it again from killing Huan - don't know if he picks up things - I've attached that svg as well)

Probably I'll just have to leave this level, since the crashing is happening so frequently!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Derakon
                          Prophet
                          • Dec 2009

Huan doesn't pick up items. Now I'm guessing that it's just a matter of compacting hitting items in monster inventories, and it happens more with monsters that pick stuff up simply because their inventories have more items in them.

Comment

• Magnate
                            Angband Devteam member
                            • May 2007

Another RC was pushed just now and should be available within a few hours. I think, thanks to both Gabe and myshkin, that we have finally fixed the crash-on-killing-blow bug, which was apparently a problem with compact_monsters(). Other fixes include:

- the "notes that you have no mana" message should only appear once per monster

- monsters should now hit you in melee considerably more often - at least as often as in 3.1.0

- lots of further changes to mimics, which should now be pretty hard to spot

- quality squelch settings should now save and reload properly

- mouse movement should now work better

As ever, please start a new thread if you notice any new bugs, or if any of the above aren't fixed after all.
                            "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Zikke
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2008

- the "notes that you have no mana" message should only appear once per monster
                              Just curious. How can the character spot that a monster is out of mana, and vice versa? It seems like it would be more realistic to never be able to see another party's mana level.
                              A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
                              A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
                              C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
                                Just curious. How can the character spot that a monster is out of mana, and vice versa? It seems like it would be more realistic to never be able to see another party's mana level.
                                True, and the same with health, but IMHO it makes the game more tactically interesting.
                                One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                                In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎