X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d_m
    Angband Devteam member
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Jazerus
    $ to exit keymap editor does not work for me - it treats $ as a keypress within the keymap rather than an exit command.
    Do you see a message about using $ to exit the keymap? If not you're playing an old version.

If so, then I'm confused... does CTRL-enter work?
    linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Max Stats
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by d_m
      Do you see a message about using $ to exit the keymap? If not you're playing an old version.

For me, both $ and ^Enter simply get entered into the keymap when I press them. There appears to be no way to exit the editor. This is the 3.3 release candidate (v3.2.0-1056-g7f509d0-dirtybash-4.1) downloaded today.

EDIT: I see it. In ui_keymap_create from ui-options.c, these two lines need to be switched around:
      Code:
      		if (kp.code == '$') {
      			done = TRUE;
      			continue;
      		}

kp = inkey();
      Last edited by Max Stats; June 23, 2011, 18:18.
      If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why are beholders so freaking ugly?

Comment

• Jazerus
        Apprentice
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by d_m

Yes, I'm using yesterday's build. Nothing exits the editor from what I can see.

Comment

• d_m
          Angband Devteam member
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Max Stats
          For me, both $ and ^Enter simply get entered into the keymap when I press them. There appears to be no way to exit the editor. This is the 3.3 release candidate (v3.2.0-1056-g7f509d0-dirtybash-4.1) downloaded today.

EDIT: I see it. In ui_keymap_create from ui-options.c, these two lines need to be switched around:
          Code:
          		if (kp.code == '$') {
          			done = TRUE;
          			continue;
          		}

kp = inkey();
          Argh. I must have messed this up after doing some testing. Sorry!

Comment

• Bodkin
            Scout
            • Apr 2007

sound

I haven't been able to use Dubtrain's sound pack since, what, maybe 3.1.2. Is there any chance of getting support for that in 3.3? (Has this already been addressed elsewhere?) Thanks!

Comment

• d_m
              Angband Devteam member
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bodkin
              I haven't been able to use Dubtrain's sound pack since, what, maybe 3.1.2. Is there any chance of getting support for that in 3.3? (Has this already been addressed elsewhere?) Thanks!
              Can you open a bug explaining the steps you are taking to get it working in 3.1.2 that fail in 3.2?

Unless this is something major I expect it should be possible to get it working for 3.3.

Comment

• d_m
                Angband Devteam member
                • Aug 2008

OK, so I preempted Magnate and pushed another RC with my stupid keymap bug fixed. Sorry about that everyone.

Thanks to everyone for the bug reports, pull requests, etc! We are trying to keep it all straight and keep pushing to make 3.3 work well.

Comment

• Magnate
                  Angband Devteam member
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by jens
                  Well it seems quite obvious that it's increased misses that is the problem. Both from the discussion on this thread, and from your comment earlier that you scaled the damage reduction but not the to_hit.

I very much do not agree with you statement not to mess with the to_hit until the big redesign of combat. There are a lot of that going around, i.e. 'there is a big change coming for X, so there is no point in balancing X right now'. That leaves us with an unbalanced game right now, that will get big changes in a few years. But if you keep the same thought about not balancing things that will change in the foreseable future, we will never have a balanced game.
                  I've had a really rough week and I'm in a foul mood, so I will keep my reply to this very brief. For every time I say "there's a better way to fix X properly, so there's no point tinkering with it now", I have said and done the opposite five or ten times, and in many cases taken some abuse for doing so. So when I say it, I have thought about the alternative.
                  Now, I don't really know the formulas involved in this particular case, but if someone points me in the right direction, or posts the formulas involved, lets see if there isn't a minor tweak we can do to improve things right now.
                  Go ahead. The function is called test_hit() in src/attack.c, and it's not difficult to understand. You need to consider:

- current % chance to hit vs AC for player (monster ACs range from 0 to 200 and player melee skill goes up to about 700 IIRC for L50 HT warrior with max STR and super kit)

- current % chance to hit vs AC for monster (player AC goes up to ~350 and monster melee skill is set in make_attack_normal() in src/monster/melee2.c)

- comparison tables for both the above with your new algorithm(s). IMO it is highly likely you will want to split the function to use separate algorithms for player and monster melee, since the AC and skill ranges are quite different.
                  "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Magnate
                    Angband Devteam member
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by d_m
                    OK, so I preempted Magnate and pushed another RC with my stupid keymap bug fixed. Sorry about that everyone.

Thanks to everyone for the bug reports, pull requests, etc! We are trying to keep it all straight and keep pushing to make 3.3 work well.
                    Sorry not to be around - my two-year-old daughter has chickenpox, my three-month-old son has a cold, wife is going stir crazy and my boss is on holiday, so it's been a fairly hideous week. I have some work to finish tonight, but I will push a new RC tomorrow with more changes and fixes.
                    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Derakon
                      Prophet
                      • Dec 2009

Ouch. You have my sympathies. Take care of yourself, and your family; I don't think anyone will mind if 3.3 goes out a bit late.

Comment

• dos350
                        Knight
                        • Sep 2010

u know ill mind if it sucks tho, eeeeeeeeeee!
                        ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• jens
                          Swordsman
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Magnate
                          I've had a really rough week and I'm in a foul mood, so I will keep my reply to this very brief. For every time I say "there's a better way to fix X properly, so there's no point tinkering with it now", I have said and done the opposite five or ten times, and in many cases taken some abuse for doing so. So when I say it, I have thought about the alternative.
                          Sorry about your week!

But glad to hear that you often tinker. It might well be about the right ratio of tinkering vs big changes, if any balance is to be found in between :-)

I'll try to have a look at the to_hit formulas and see if I can come up with something.

Comment

• Magnate
                            Angband Devteam member
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by dos350
                            u know ill mind if it sucks tho, eeeeeeeeeee!
                            Yes, that keeps me awake at night.

Comment

• dos350
                              Knight
                              • Sep 2010

good , ! but from all talk i see ~ i think u arent paying enough attention to my specific words on many issues facing the angband community~~!~!~!~!~~!~
                              ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• PowerDiver
                                Prophet
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Thraalbeast
                                Maybe AC is a bit too effective. Just defeated Atlas who can hit really hard as you know (13d13). I fought 100% melee with an ok but not great weapon but had no problems at all, only lost less than 200 HP in total.
                                I fought Polyphemus in melee, mid-level gear such as Orome and Rohirrim, cloak of aman and mithril boots of stability. I was too lazy to count hits, but I did count earthquakes. He only hit once to shatter in the entire fight. Totally pathetic.

[edit] Other wield slots were artifacts. I didn't mean to imply they were junky.
                                Last edited by PowerDiver; June 25, 2011, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎