X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean Anderson
    Adept
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by buzzkill
    Agreed, but a RARE event to be sure, and...
    Not if you play as badly as I do!

Comment

• ekolis
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

If you wanna be TOTALLY realistic, the amount of dungeon map you can remember at once should be dependent on INT... leave a part of the level for long enough and it should disappear off your map! I mean, how do you keep track of the lengths of all those twisty windy corridors anyway, so you know where you pop out on the other end? And when you teleport, it should clear the map unless you wind up somewhere familiar - why should I KNOW that I teleported northwest by 28 squares when it's completely new terrain?
      You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
      You are surrounded by a stasis field!
      The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• cinereaste
        Scout
        • May 2010

Originally posted by ekolis
        If you wanna be TOTALLY realistic, . . . <snip> . . .And when you teleport . . .
        Something doesn't quite add up there.

Comment

• bio_hazard
          Knight
          • Dec 2008

Could we have hunger trigger flicker of the @ if the flicker option is enabled? I don't know if it is possible to have 2 flicker rates, but slower flicker for regular hungry and faster for weak would be helpful, and also increase the sense of panic if you somehow are out of food.

This should be compatible with the colored hp warnings.

Comment

• buzzkill
            Prophet
            • May 2008

Originally posted by ekolis
            If you wanna be TOTALLY realistic, the amount of dungeon map you can remember at once should be dependent on INT... leave a part of the level for long enough and it should disappear off your map! I mean, how do you keep track of the lengths of all those twisty windy corridors anyway, so you know where you pop out on the other end? And when you teleport, it should clear the map unless you wind up somewhere familiar - why should I KNOW that I teleported northwest by 28 squares when it's completely new terrain?
            Hmmmmm... this doesn't sound all that bad to me. An explored map radius based on INT, it moves with the player just as torchlight does. I suppose magic mapping could burn it into you're brain permanently, removing such limitations. Should a character with an INT of 5 remember that zag in the corridor 60' back.
            www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
            My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by buzzkill
              Should a character with an INT of 5 remember that zag in the corridor 60' back.
              Yes.

Anything that the player could do with a sheet of paper and a pencil, the computer should do for them automatically. Same reason we have monster memory.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎