Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Yep, you're correct. Bug created by me, fixed by backwardsEric, fixed version now in the nightlies.

It's the circle of life.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• kineahora
      Apprentice
      • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Nick
      Excellent

Nothing has changed deliberately. The way this works is that there are a number of random floor grids specified as "feeling" grids, and when you've seen enough of them (a tenth), you get the feeling.

Has anyone else noticed any differences here?
      I see, so this is to prevent scumming by resting near the stairs. Nice! I havent been scumming so I didnt notice!

Hmm I havent used a new nightly since the one that fixed my last problem LOL.

After winning my Paladin I felt like playing another and he's nearly thru stat gain: there was never a harder working character than this new guy--I decided to dive him harder with less:

Befitting of his 8 intelligence, he insisted on fighting a Hand druj guarding unknown armor wildly out of depth around level 20. He beat the Druj with no speed items, a non-ego Main gauche +6/+6, a potion of speed, no artifact armor and a wand of acid balls! The armor was Hithlomir. He went on to defeat over 40 gravity hounds (intelligence not his strong suit). This is super weird--my last winning paladin I dont think saw a single gravity hound! Of course he was banishing hounds deep in the dungeon...

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

The eye druj was a reasonable risk--not much downside to dying at DL20. The gravity hounds--not so much. That is a lot of effort for zero upside.

Comment

• ewert
          Knight
          • Jul 2009

I always see the high hounds as mobile xp potions ...

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Ewert-
            Early in the game, yes. And later on, when you can get 16K EXP (and you have the right resistance.) But midlevel hounds just dont get you much.

Comment

• Julian
              Adept
              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Pete Mack
              The eye druj was a reasonable risk--not much downside to dying at DL20. The gravity hounds--not so much. That is a lot of effort for zero upside.
              It depends on how fast you can kill them, and the environment you’re in. As long as they aren’t piling up in a big open space, they aren’t that dangerous.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎