X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sffp
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Werbaer
    I in fact survived once being knocked out by a Master Mystic (not grand) . After i was knocked out, he made the mistake to summon a large group of phase spiders. They had fun phasing me around the room. After what must have been hundreds of -more- keystrokes, i woke up.
    That is awesome.

Another possibility is reading a recall scroll before being knocked out...

But that wasn't me. I just died slowly watching myself get nibbled to death.
    Just stay away from mystics unless you've got resist stun... (expecially the grandmasters

Comment

• will_asher
      DaJAngband Maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Werbaer
      I in fact survived once being knocked out by a Master Mystic (not grand) . After i was knocked out, he made the mistake to summon a large group of phase spiders. They had fun phasing me around the room. After what must have been hundreds of -more- keystrokes, i woke up.
      Why do you assume it was a mistake? He probably had fun watching you get phased around the room.
      Will_Asher
      aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
      http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• kineahora
        Apprentice
        • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Pete Mack
        Makes you helpless. In a monster, it makes him helpless.
        Your accuracy and damage go down, and spell rate fail goes up.
        For the monster, accuracy and damage go down, and their speed is reduced by 1/10.
        It is critical for the blackguard class to stun his enemy, and force him to fight via aggravation.

Also, there are only 3 levels for stunning: stun, heavy stun, and knocked out. The last is invariably unsurvivable. A grand master mystic can knock out a normal speed player in a single turn, with a bit of bad luck.
        This is why I prefer crowns of serenity to most non-artifact headgear and many artifacts as well, and I *love* the crown of Gondor...

So many monsters can stun you: anything that breathes plasma, sound attacks, mystics and titans...

Comment

• Selkie
          Swordsman
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by kineahora
          This is why I prefer crowns of serenity to most non-artifact headgear and many artifacts as well, and I *love* the crown of Gondor...

So many monsters can stun you: anything that breathes plasma, sound attacks, mystics and titans...
          Playing as a blackguard made me realise just how powerful stunning monsters can be. Before I'd always discarded wands of stunning as a bit junky. Now my early characters always carry them. Especially against orc uniques it can be powerful at tipping the tide in your balance

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

I managed to melee a horned reaper once as a mage, with the original spell set. Just used Ice storm, rune, and a MoD of Gondolin.
            And yes, those wands of stunning are excellent.

Comment

• kineahora
              Apprentice
              • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Pete Mack
              I managed to melee a horned reaper once as a mage, with the original spell set. Just used Ice storm, rune, and a MoD of Gondolin.
              And yes, those wands of stunning are excellent.
              Will keep wands of stunning in mind for early characters. I shoulda figured this out because Paladins get shield bash which stuns and yes stunning is good. I had mostly thought of getting stunned as bad without fully appreciating it works both ways.

If my current character wins, I will definitely regard his beating a Hand Druj at level 19-ish and maybe 300 hp with a non-ego main gauche and a wand of acid balls and killing 40 gravity hounds with only 1.6 speed as a big deal...

It is so weird my last winner just never ran into gravity hounds early...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎