Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bio_hazard
    Knight
    • Dec 2008

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but is there a Hall of Fame?

Comment

• half
      Knight
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by bio_hazard
      I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but is there a Hall of Fame?
      Yes, you can view it from the menu when you die, or within the game press (~) for the knowledge menu and then it is item (4).

Comment

• ekolis
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

I found some {special} daggers, and I've been throwing them at enemies, but now for some reason when I pick them up again, they don't stack anymore! Is this a bug or do the daggers actually take damage or something that I'm not seeing, preventing them from stacking?
        You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
        You are surrounded by a stasis field!
        The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• half
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ekolis
          I found some {special} daggers, and I've been throwing them at enemies, but now for some reason when I pick them up again, they don't stack anymore! Is this a bug or do the daggers actually take damage or something that I'm not seeing, preventing them from stacking?
          It is not clear. The 'bug' might be that they stack in the first place. In general unidentified {special} items don't stack. I don't want to special case this for things that start in a stack stacking with their stack-mates. Do people think that unidentified {special} items should stack with others of the same unidentified type?

Comment

• Narvius
            Knight
            • Dec 2007

I don't think that would be a problem. The hardest issue (do identified items stack with unidentified ones of the same kind?) is kind of solved here already.

I think it's a rare enough to find two specials of the same kind (unless they're pre-stacked) that making them stack just for convenience shouldn't be a problem.
            If you can convincingly pretend you're crazy, you probably are.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
              Swordsman
              • Nov 2008

This may be on purpose but it looks like flavors do not change, at least when using the same save file. Murky Brown potions are always orcish liqour, thorny herbs are rage and sparkling blue potions slow poison. I guess this could be knowledge passed down from predecessors but in that case shouldn't they be identified?
              My first winner: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=10138

Comment

• Narvius
                Knight
                • Dec 2007

Murky Brown simply ALWAYS is Orcish Liquor, I think.

Comment

• bio_hazard
                  Knight
                  • Dec 2008

Wondering if you might consider prohibiting forges and stairs from being generated in the same room. This is on 100', and I can't make anything because I keep getting interrupted.

Comment

• Narvius
                    Knight
                    • Dec 2007

I seriously doubt that. It might be a bit more cumbersome, but you very well can resume smithing things you began.

Comment

• bio_hazard
                      Knight
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Narvius
                      I seriously doubt that. It might be a bit more cumbersome, but you very well can resume smithing things you began.
                      OK, I finally did, but it took probably 12-15 tries to make a digger, longbow, and light longsword, plus the time to retreat to a corridor each time and fight the orcs. Kind of feel like nothing I could have made at that stage was worth the time it took me.

One of my best runs so far- just took out Borbol the butcher. Any advice would be great. The special armor was a drop from the unique, but its soooo heavy, wondering if it is worth it. Also, I have some XP to spend, any thoughts.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
                        Knight
                        • Apr 2007

I always wear heavy armor and it soaks up lots of damage, but it also really drains my accuracy. +5 is probably okay for up to 400', but if you like stabbing and chopping things to death like I do you're going to want +10 pretty soon, and it takes time and exp to get there with the heavy armor accuracy penalties. I've learned that a longsword and a shield can take you pretty far, but you'll likely need something that hits harder around 650-700 if you really want to drive one to the end. I'm still learning, so take my advice with a grain of salt!
                        You are on something strange

Comment

• LostTemplar
                          Knight
                          • Aug 2009

Btw Sil seems nice game overall, I definitely enjoy looking at Sil ladder full of that brown coloured records.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
                            Swordsman
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Narvius
                            Murky Brown simply ALWAYS is Orcish Liquor, I think.
                            Perhaps, but all the other flavors stay the same too.

Comment

• Scatha
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Jungle_Boy
                              Perhaps, but all the other flavors stay the same too.
                              This is definitely a bug if so (and not one that I see). There are only a couple of things which should always have the same flavour. How far have you tested this?

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
                                Swordsman
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Scatha
                                This is definitely a bug if so (and not one that I see). There are only a couple of things which should always have the same flavour. How far have you tested this?
                                Apparently it was just a coincidence or I was finding the things that don't change. I tried a character with lore-master and while he did not last long he did find a potion that I know was a different flavor in a previous game. False alarm, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎