X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoVirtuoso
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Quirk
    Unable to replicate this with either a generated or crafted quarterstaff. Message shown is regeneration related as expected - please reconfirm this. A savefile would help.
    I think I captured this on OBS at some point. I'll have to pull this from my archive and then post it on YouTube. Regarding the savefile: I play Sil-Q on angband.live exclusively. The said character died. Though, I repeatedly used the same angband.live Sil-Q savefile several times, I didn't check at all for this specifically since then.
    My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• seraph
      Adept
      • Jan 2016

how does song of whetting interact with weapons that already have sharpness? do they ignore al armour now like angrist?

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HugoVirtuoso
        I think I captured this on OBS at some point. I'll have to pull this from my archive and then post it on YouTube. Regarding the savefile: I play Sil-Q on angband.live exclusively. The said character died. Though, I repeatedly used the same angband.live Sil-Q savefile several times, I didn't check at all for this specifically since then.
        I discussed this with Quirk a while ago. Regen and hunger are more than just two different things, because of Sil(q-only?) specific mechanics different than in FCPB, for instance
        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Quirk
          Swordsman
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by seraph
          how does song of whetting interact with weapons that already have sharpness? do they ignore al armour now like angrist?
          Yes, Whetting is additive. Angrist gains no further bonus.

Comment

• skydyr
            Rookie
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Quirk
            Orodruth should generally not show up in Attercop depth but I take this one fairly seriously and thank you for the bug report. I feel on balance that webs should probably not destroy forges (ideally, they would stack, but this would require adding much more sophistication, so probably standing on a forge will be a way to escape webbing after the fix).
            I think it would be entirely reasonable to allow this behaviour and just post a message like "The web burns up in the fires of the forge."

Comment

• seraph
              Adept
              • Jan 2016

just started playing 1.5. an alert human thrall just revealed orodruth, is this common? also, rings of secrets and feanorian lamps make jeweler a very nice ability for almost any character, even if you don't intend to go further in to smithing.

Comment

• seraph
                Adept
                • Jan 2016

oh, also with the new tileset, automatically centering around the character gets weird sometimes. seemingly randomly jumps around.

Comment

• Quirk
                  Swordsman
                  • Mar 2016

Finding Orodruth on the floor revealed by the alert thrall is very lucky, it requires a very early Orodruth generation. Nice not to miss that, though.

Jeweller is a pretty solid skill, agreed.

Might have to look into the interaction between tiles etc and auto centring then at some point - sadly I don't have much development time for Sil-Q right now, but will add it to the list of things to look at when I do.

Comment

• Cuboideb
                    Adept
                    • May 2020

Originally posted by seraph
                    oh, also with the new tileset, automatically centering around the character gets weird sometimes. seemingly randomly jumps around.
                    The third condition in line 2706 (xtra2.c) seems to be the cause. I'm doing tests in my working copy before making a PR because I don't fully understand the panel code.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

NIT: Aren't the Cloak of Luthien and the Bat-fell of Thiringwethil the same object? I was curious as to what the latter might be from a recent character dump, so I looked it up in lotr wiki. Luthien claimed Thuringwethil's cloak after she was destroyed.

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                        NIT: Aren't the Cloak of Luthien and the Bat-fell of Thiringwethil the same object? I was curious as to what the latter might be from a recent character dump, so I looked it up in lotr wiki. Luthien claimed Thuringwethil's cloak after she was destroyed.
                        IIRC Luthien made another cloak earlier out of her hair (inspiraton for Angband's shadow cloak of Luthien).
                        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• mibert
                          Apprentice
                          • Mar 2016

hi, not sure this is the right place, but I think the glaive does not work with the setting-up ability from "polearm mastery" (latest github pull).

I love Sil-Q!

Comment

• Wiwaxia
                            Rookie
                            • Oct 2013

Was just looking through artefact.txt, and Anglachel appears to have gotten removed at some point (presumably accidentally).

Comment

• Quirk
                              Swordsman
                              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Wiwaxia
                              Was just looking through artefact.txt, and Anglachel appears to have gotten removed at some point (presumably accidentally).
                              At some point I made a push to remove artifacts which were known to be located outside Angband at the time the game takes place, and unfortunately Anglachel is in Thingol's hoard at Menegroth in FA 466 when Beren and Luthien descend into Angband (the time period the game is set).

There are probably a few more artifacts that shouldn't be on the list, though anything with location unknown that plausibly could be in Angband is still there.

Comment

• Jamsus
                                Rookie
                                • Jan 2021

I jump here, a bit late, to thank you a lot for all the work on Sil. I think this one is one of the most elegant & inspiring roguelikes, and the extra work you put in enhanced this already beatiful game.

So just this, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍