Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoVirtuoso
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Hey, HOW do I record my PosChengband runs on the site??

Also, how do I change my login password for my username (Hugo) on angband.live?
    My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Gwarl
      Administrator
      • Jan 2017

Recording is a new feature that currently only works for the competition mode, so I can figure out the problems it causes (there are several I've identified already). Automatic recording for every game on the site will be another week or two in the making.

There's no facility for changing passwords. What I can do is delete your account, then you'll be able to create it again with all your savegames etc still intact.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

There should be a way to find out which users are online (aside from those actively playing)

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• Gwarl
          Administrator
          • Jan 2017

The recording/competition mode should now be more stable.

I've acquired and patched a whole lot of new variants, not leat of which is Zangband - I eventually found the requisite fix to make it run on a 64bit system.

All the older variants have had 256 color terminal support patched in from V. Here's the full list:

Angband 4.1.0
          FAangband 1.4.4
          NPPAngband 7.1.0
          NPPMoria 7.1.0
          Oangband 1.1.0u
          PosChengband 6.1.0b
          Sangband 1.0.0
          Sil 1.3.0
          Steamband 0.4.1f
          ToME 2.3.6-ah
          UMoria 5.6
          UnAngband 6.5.0a
          ZAngband 2.7.6

I should probably stop trying to acquire and compile variants for a while to work on something else but it's rather addictive.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
            Veteran
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Gwarl
            I should probably stop trying to acquire and compile variants for a while to work on something else but it's rather addictive.
            Purple robes for you, then PWMAngband...
            “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
            ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

FYI, the version of Zangband available on angband.live is technically 2.7.5pre1

Comment

• debo
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

The recording/competition mode should now be more stable.

I've acquired and patched a whole lot of new variants, not leat of which is Zangband - I eventually found the requisite fix to make it run on a 64bit system.

All the older variants have had 256 color terminal support patched in from V. Here's the full list:

Angband 4.1.0
                FAangband 1.4.4
                NPPAngband 7.1.0
                NPPMoria 7.1.0
                Oangband 1.1.0u
                PosChengband 6.1.0b
                Sangband 1.0.0
                Sil 1.3.0
                Steamband 0.4.1f
                ToME 2.3.6-ah
                UMoria 5.6
                UnAngband 6.5.0a
                ZAngband 2.7.6

Is there a way for me to download a savefile directly once I've created a character on angband.live? If so, you've just saved me 80% of the irritation in creating new competitions.

Also, here is a challenge for you: get Animeband and XAngband working. They're by far the best angband variants out there.
                Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by debo
                  Also, here is a challenge for you: get Animeband and XAngband working. They're by far the best angband variants out there.
                  My requests were for PWMAngband and ... Rocketband!!!
                  “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                  ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Gwarl
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2017

Is there a way for me to download a savefile directly once I've created a character on angband.live? If so, you've just saved me 80% of the irritation in creating new competitions.
                    I can special case it for you, but in general no, I don't want to allow savefile downloads because it encourages savescumming. We'll figure something out toward the end of this competition so you'll have access to a 'competition admin' account.

I'll add them to The List. Of course I still have to add Hellband, CthAngband, CryptBand, Ironband, Quickband, etc etc. X will probably go up around the same time as FuryBand I imagine. There are so many variants!

Rocketband will come sooner rather than later.

PWMAngband is an interesting one but quite difficult because:

a) I don't know how the client/server model works
                    b) The only installation instructions and only supplied makefile are for windows

I imagine I'll have to get MAngband working first so I can get enough contextual clues to figure out how to set up PWMAngband.

Comment

• Gwarl
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
                      FYI, the version of Zangband available on angband.live is technically 2.7.5pre1
                      Fixed thanks.

Comment

• debo
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

I can special case it for you, but in general no, I don't want to allow savefile downloads because it encourages savescumming. We'll figure something out toward the end of this competition so you'll have access to a 'competition admin' account.
                        You know, I've been running the competitions for a long time now. We could make the problem simpler for you technically by just having you take over the competitions entirely

The #1 requirement for a competition organizer is that they can build savefiles for many variants, everything else after that is a bonus. (I hadn't played any variants except Vanilla and Sil when I took over from Nick.)

Don't make me start a thread called 'Gwarl for competition organizer'...

Comment

• Gwarl
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2017

You know, I've been running the competitions for a long time now. We could make the problem simpler for you technically by just having you take over the competitions entirely

The #1 requirement for a competition organizer is that they can build savefiles for many variants, everything else after that is a bonus. (I hadn't played any variants except Vanilla and Sil when I took over from Nick.)

Don't make me start a thread called 'Gwarl for competition organizer'...
                          I'd want to change the rules a bit...

Comment

• debo
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

I'd want to change the rules a bit...
                            That would be your job

Comment

• clouded
                              Swordsman
                              • Jun 2012

do it
                              do it
                              do it

Comment

• Gwarl
                                Administrator
                                • Jan 2017

Okay I accept. We need to get pav in on this too so I can integrate with the competition ladder.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎