X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MITZE
    Swordsman
    • Jan 2017

Couple of questions:

Would it be possible to get whatever version of PosCheng that elliptic uses on the server? It supposedly has some pretty nice quality of life improvements.

Would it be possible to somehow set things up so that people could use their own altered edit files? (I'm guessing that this one would probably be more trouble than it's worth, as the simplest solution would be to have a different "installation" of each variant for every user.)
    Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Gwarl
      Administrator
      • Jan 2017

Actually the edit files thing is something I'm planning on and something angband would cater to, but it will be a little while. I want a system where everyone can have their own version of the datafiles, and anyone can play anyone else's version.

This is really all just a long con to get people to play my variant when I make it by sticking it on the list

edit: Actually, once I script access to the user directory, I know that V at least will preferentially load .txt datafiles from /user first, and then from /gamedata (formerly known as /edit) so you'll be able to mod your own version as soon as I get round to that.
      Last edited by Gwarl; June 15, 2017, 22:02.

Comment

• Ironshod Al
        Scout
        • Apr 2017

Yesterday, I lost access to Vapor Quest. It is something that seems to happen to others as well.
        Here's what little info I have:

The crash mentioned resulted in a crash message from the game. The earliest indication of anything being wrong was that the innkeeper quest menu only showed the quest title, but no quest description.

And here's some related posts from the PCB 6.1.0 release thread:

This question from murphy is the reason I post here. You are probably more suited to answer that question.
        Originally posted by murphy
        there was some discussion in the forums about the problem with quests, it has to do with not finding the quest files at run time. did you compile poschengband yourself?
        I have completed Thieves' Hideout, The Orc Camp, The Warg Problem and Doom Quest I, so not all quests generate problems.

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

I got the same bug (on server). Of note both vapor quest & sand pit descriptions were blank. On recieving quest & in the Ctrl-Q menu

Comment

• Gwarl
            Administrator
            • Jan 2017

I dismissed this as a bug with the game at first, but I looked into it and I think it's a bug with the installation process. It might be fixed. I might have to start a new character to find out.

I've made some more room on the screen (10 extra rows). Working on fixing width now. Then I'll add a settings panel for making your own adjustments.

Comment

• MITZE
              Swordsman
              • Jan 2017

Something Happened

Server's . . . well, not quite borked, but it doesn't look like it should. No, I'm not talking about the extra space; I was in the middle of a test character, trying to see if the Vapor Quest was indeed fixed, and then the server stopped responding. I thought it had crashed, but then I refreshed and I noticed it looked . . .weird.

EDIT: It's down completely now; are you poking at the code again Gwarl?
              Last edited by MITZE; June 16, 2017, 20:58. Reason: Added additional info.

Comment

• Gwarl
                Administrator
                • Jan 2017

Give me a minute..

Comment

• Gwarl
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Gwarl
                  Give me a minute..
                  Done. Better?

Comment

• MITZE
                    Swordsman
                    • Jan 2017

Done. Better?
                    Oooooh, looks nice now. Thanks!

EDIT: For the benefit of whoever's keeping tabs, Vapor Quest is still bugged on the server.
                    Last edited by MITZE; June 16, 2017, 21:44. Reason: Added extra info.

Comment

• Gwarl
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2017

Updates:

The size of various things on the screen should now adapt to the size of your browser (when you loaded the page). For most sensible cases this should work, let me know if anyone is still having trouble seeing their hp etc.

Poschengband has shiftrunning! This was eventually done the same way as for V, i.e. turn numlock on to walk around (as before), but holding shift or turning numlock off will induce running instead.

This wasn't a good enough fix to deal with the mogaminator, but I have come up with a solution:

Before using the mogaminator, go to the macro editor and load "cursor.prf". Then once you're done, open the macro editor again and load "pref-gcu.prf".

You could probably write macros to accomplish this faster too. If anyone does I'll copy them over to defaults.

Comment

• wobbly
                        Prophet
                        • May 2012

Logged in. I have to scroll the browser to the right to see my hps & scroll down to see the chat box. Also when I type a message it doesn't appear to come up & if I click on your login to watch nothing seems to happen.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2009

Just tried doing this for the first time, but when I try and register I just get a 502 bad gateway error.
                          “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                          ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Gwarl
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                            Just tried doing this for the first time, but when I try and register I just get a 502 bad gateway error.
                            It's not made explicit but are you using a space in your name? Only alphanumeric characters and underscores are allowed.

Comment

• Gwarl
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by wobbly
                              Logged in. I have to scroll the browser to the right to see my hps & scroll down to see the chat box. Also when I type a message it doesn't appear to come up & if I click on your login to watch nothing seems to happen.
                              Crap. Will fix and report back.

Comment

• Gwarl
                                Administrator
                                • Jan 2017

Crap. Will fix and report back.
                                Fixed. Well 2/3 probably.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂