Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoVirtuoso
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Bug: Going back a webpage (i.e. Alt + left directional key) does nothing and I stay on the same page...I was trying to go back to the screen where I can then choose to spectate someone else or choose to play a game.

AND there should be a way to record playthroughs (i.e. internal webserver keypress recording) on the Angband.live webserver!!!
    My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Gwarl
      Administrator
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
      Bug: Going back a webpage (i.e. Alt + left directional key) does nothing and I stay on the same page...I was trying to go back to the screen where I can then choose to spectate someone else or choose to play a game.
      You don't actually navigate to a different page when you spectate, the HTML on the page just changes. So you reload the page to get back to the menu.

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
      AND there should be a way to record playthroughs (i.e. internal webserver keypress recording) on the Angband.live webserver!!!
      Soon

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Gwarl
        You don't actually navigate to a different page when you spectate, the HTML on the page just changes. So you reload the page to get back to the menu.
        There should be weblinks on the page to allow players/spectators to easily direct themselves back to the initial page. I know this is probably redundant. But, this makes the interface more user friendly...especially when we try to get newcomers to the Angband.oook.cz community!!!!
        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
          Veteran
          • Jan 2009

Ok, finally, I'm logged in. But when I use the arrow keys to move, the @ runs rather than moving one square. I try to take stairs, but @ keeps running past them. Do I need to set movement delays or something?
          “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
          ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• MITZE
            Swordsman
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
            Ok, finally, I'm logged in. But when I use the arrow keys to move, the @ runs rather than moving one square. I try to take stairs, but @ keeps running past them. Do I need to set movement delays or something?
            Dumb idea, but perhaps the problem lies in your keyboard repeat rate?
            Last edited by MITZE; June 17, 2017, 23:24. Reason: Grammar fixes
            Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Gwarl
              Administrator
              • Jan 2017

No it's a side effect of the shiftrunning hack.

I honestly didn't think people played with the four arrow keys but perhaps I was wrong. I'm going to keep the shiftrunning setup as the default, but I'll put a set of keymaps in the common pref folder for normal arrow key movement.

I'll have to start documenting these somewhere.

Comment

• MITZE
                Swordsman
                • Jan 2017

Soon
                EDIT: Never mind, apparently the trademark subtext doesn't work here.
                Last edited by MITZE; June 17, 2017, 23:27. Reason: Nevermind
                Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2009

No it's a side effect of the shiftrunning hack.

I honestly didn't think people played with the four arrow keys but perhaps I was wrong. I'm going to keep the shiftrunning setup as the default, but I'll put a set of keymaps in the common pref folder for normal arrow key movement.

I'll have to start documenting these somewhere.
                  Mac laptop doesn't have a number keypad. Just the regular numbers at the top of the keyboard. If I remember, most laptops don't have a number pad. Arrows are what I've used for movement for Angband pretty much forever. And shift-arrow to run, but that doesn't work on the server. Not yet anyways!
                  “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”

Comment

• Pete Mack
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Arrows don't generally come in 8 directions. If you aren't using diagonals, you're using suboptimal tactics.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                      Arrows don't generally come in 8 directions. If you aren't using diagonals, you're using suboptimal tactics.
                      by setting the movement delay to 10ms and hitting two arrow keys pretty much simultaneously, the @ moves diagonally and with only 1 turncount for the move, same as a diagonal number key. Since laptops don't come with a keypad, but the arrow keys are grouped together in the lower right of my macbook pro laptop, it works quite ergonomically for me.

Comment

• Gwarl
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2017

After fixing some of the crashes that were happening before the server has broken out in newer worse crashes. Apologies to anyone losing progress. Trying to figure out why it's happening.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2009

After fixing some of the crashes that were happening before the server has broken out in newer worse crashes. Apologies to anyone losing progress. Trying to figure out why it's happening.
                          Yeah, I noticed it was crashing a lot. It also sent me back to @ creation when I logged off and came back, so I don't know how to save the game. No problem, though. A new nightly was published, so I have to go play test that anyway.

Comment

• Gwarl
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2017

I think I've got it under control now. Socket timeouts will happen while spectating for now but the chat and the game window should be okay.

In particular I think this should mean that the savefile duplication thing shouldn't happen anymore.

Comment

• Gwarl
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2017

Note: pressing ctrl+s in angband will cause the game to freeze. This is not a crash - pressing ctrl+q will resume output. It's surprisingly difficult to disable this behaviour, but until I do, if your muscle memory leads you to ctrl+s, ctrl+q rescues your game.

Edit: fixed!

Apparently if you put raw(); right underneath the initscr() call in main-gcu.c you are no longer bothered by control sequences.
                              Last edited by Gwarl; June 19, 2017, 21:11.

Comment

• Gwarl
                                Administrator
                                • Jan 2017

So aside from bug fixing, I also managed to modify Sil to work on the server.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎