X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myshkin
    Angband Devteam member
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
    I manage to get everything except the numpad 5 key to work. When I am in query keymap mode, and press it, nothing happens. I remember troubles with 5 in some older versions or maybe Moria. I think that is likely to be much harder to fix then adjusting a pref file.
    I get {K}5 when pressing 5 on my "keypad." I think this may be a platform-specific thing. You are still using X11 on Linux, right?

This is one of the reasons I was opposed to the change to searching. We need a redundant way to wait one turn, not using the 5 key. Hmm, maybe ',' currently fills that role.
    Yes, "," is the keymap for the 5 key by default

Comment

• PowerDiver
      Prophet
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by myshkin
      I get {K}5 when pressing 5 on my "keypad." I think this may be a platform-specific thing. You are still using X11 on Linux, right?
      Sure, but you get {K}1 when pressing numpad 1, so we are in different worlds.

I'm currently using an Antec keyboard with X11 on Ubuntu 10.04 [I think] if that matters. The 7, 9, 1, and 3 numpad keys have the words Home, Pg Up, End, and Pg Dn on them below the numbers. The 2, 4, 6 and 8 numpad keys have arrows below the numbers.

Is there anything intrinsically wrong about including both sets of keymaps in the pref file?

Hmm, on the other hand, I'd love to be able to disable the standard 1 through 9 keys. If I don't notice that I am confused, and m2f, currently the 2 gets interpreted as a movement request after the m is denied due to confusion. I'd rather the non-numpad 2 did nothing but maybe beep at me when I am not in object selection mode. Perhaps that means that users should be expected to customize this stuff in their pref files, possibly during some installation process.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Sure, but you get {K}1 when pressing numpad 1, so we are in different worlds.
        Numlock on/off? With numlock off I get end from keypad 1 and numlock on 1 in normal writing.

Comment

• PowerDiver
          Prophet
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
          Numlock on/off? With numlock off I get end from keypad 1 and numlock on 1 in normal writing.
          With numlock on, I get {MK}1

However, I believe that I normally play with numlock off. I checked that numlock off works for me in 3.2.

Comment

• Mondkalb
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

Why have the cure wounds potions been moved to the alchemy shop?
            My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• myshkin
              Angband Devteam member
              • Apr 2007

I've committed a few fixes that get keypad 5 working and add the reported keymaps to pref.prf for movement, running, and tunneling. They should be in nightlies shortly.

Comment

• scud
                Swordsman
                • Jan 2011

Mac nightly of 5 March.

Being a ranger I'd much rather have a nice long bow, but I thought it would be rude not to buy this...

Comment

• Taha
                  Adept
                  • Jun 2009

With the latest nightliesmacros no longer appear in the options menu. Well, they do, but under m the commands available are only for keymaps. Are we moving to all keymaps, is there a new place to do macros, or is something wrong with my setup?
                  ________
                  UrChocolateDream live
                  Last edited by Taha; August 14, 2011, 14:58.

Comment

• d_m
                    Angband Devteam member
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by scud
                    Mac nightly of 5 March.

Being a ranger I'd much rather have a nice long bow, but I thought it would be rude not to buy this...
                    Huh... I really wonder what happened there.

Can you post a savefile?
                    linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• scud
                      Swordsman
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by d_m
                      Can you post a savefile?
                      'Ere yer go...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• PowerDiver
                        Prophet
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by d_m
                        Huh... I really wonder what happened there.

Can you post a savefile?
                        There's no need. The randart power code cannot handle multiple pvals. Any current launcher with a big dex bonus will be treated as being too powerful to be a randart. The final price is caused by overflow in store.c. The use of randart code for store prices means that any time randarts get broken, you have to worry about silly prices.

I offered to work on the code with him, but he made it clear that it was a higher priority to him to call me names than to get the code working.

I'll be working instead on replacing randart pricing with improved old-style pricing. If you are interested in incorporating that change, let me know and I'll bump it up my todo list.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

I offered to work on the code with him, but he made it clear that it was a higher priority to him to call me names than to get the code working.
                          ...or it's possible he over-reacted slightly to being told that everything he and the rest of the dev team had done for the last two years had been a waste of time, or worse. Who woulda thunk.

To be frank, Eddie, I think that the more the dev team have taken on board your suggestions, the less reasonable you have become.

Now, I have a lot of coding to do today. Don't make me come up here again
                          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• camlost
                            Sangband 1.x Maintainer
                            • Apr 2007

These are the nightlies we're talking about, right? No need to get bent out of shape when they're not perfect.
                            a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
                            3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

• Derakon
                              Prophet
                              • Dec 2009

Eddie, you're out of line. That was rude, uncalled for, and absolutely inaccurate.

Comment

• d_m
                                Angband Devteam member
                                • Aug 2008

I'll be working instead on replacing randart pricing with improved old-style pricing. If you are interested in incorporating that change, let me know and I'll bump it up my todo list.
                                If you do come up with new pricing code that can handle randarts I would certainly be interested in trying it out. That said, I don't think you should alter your priorities on my account since the change would have to be discussed with others.

For my part, my #1 goal is to fix the overflow bug (which will just mean that some egos are priced too high). This should be easy. The next step would be to fix the obj-power calculation so it works "as intended" with multiple pvals. I think this is doable as it mostly involves some strategic loop placement and slight refactoring.

But I may be wrong. I don't know this part of the code well but I think those changes should be (relatively) easy to make to fix the nightlies.
                                linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍