X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zababa
    Apprentice
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by APWhite
    I never seem to have a 5 or 6 hour block of time to fully rewrite that code.
    Ok, you seem to know what is the best to do. Either wait until some key-flushing issue is resolved or rewrite a piece of your borg code.

Whatever it may be, please don't give up on your borg. It's 50% of the whole fun I have in Angband.

It's so fascinating to see a program playing such a complicated game like angband. I have no idea how the borg can know what is shown on the screen and how it decides what things are more valuable then his current equipment. If I knew some C and had an idea how to make the borg's AI, I'd so much play with it.

Comment

• thapper
      Adept
      • Aug 2008

Perhaps it's another effect of the best combo problem but this Borg has been buying and selling wands of magic missile and stinking cloud. First he bought like 10 of one, then sold them, then 10 of the other and sold them, and so on... He'll continue for a few iterations from this point but then he's out of money.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Netbrian
        Adept
        • Jun 2009

I'm having trouble with the borg -- sometimes, it'll try to sell something, and just stop entirely. Reactivating it solves this problem. Let the savefile run for a little while and you should get examples.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Zappa
          Apprentice
          • Feb 2008

My borg is apparently trying to enchant a Quarterstaff of Eriril and in true borg fashion will not give up. I thought at first he was just scumming, because he kills a billion "t"s but he does it in the dungeon too. I can attach a savefile if you want one.

I have updated the borg too. (It is only necessary to replace the exe and borg.txt correct?)

Comment

• Netbrian
            Adept
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Zappa
            My borg is apparently trying to enchant a Quarterstaff of Eriril and in true borg fashion will not give up. I thought at first he was just scumming, because he kills a billion "t"s but he does it in the dungeon too. I can attach a savefile if you want one.
            I'd like to see this -- what are the current stats of Eriril? So far, my borg has always stopped at (+15, +15), even if it takes her an eternity to get there.

I've uploaded my own savefile, where the borg seems to be trying to throw something and can't. I have no idea what's going on.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Zappa
              Apprentice
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Netbrian
              I'd like to see this -- what are the current stats of Eriril? So far, my borg has always stopped at (+15, +15), even if it takes her an eternity to get there.

I've uploaded my own savefile, where the borg seems to be trying to throw something and can't. I have no idea what's going on.
              Eriril is 15/15

Here's the save:
              Attached Files

Comment

• APWhite
                Adept
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Zappa
                Eriril is 15/15

Here's the save:
                I cant get him to try to boost Eriril. When I use 024^zo He recognizes Eriril to have +15/+15 which should disqualify it from the enchanting. I will keep an eye on it.
                St George Chiropractor
                Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Netbrian
                  Adept
                  • Jun 2009

I'm attaching another savefile from the most recent borg -- I think it's also related to command flushing.

In addition to this, in the last two weeks or so, the borg start obsessively comparing her equipment and inventory. In particular, she'll compare her wielded torch of brightness with her fuel torches, or her melee weapon with her digger. Is this behavior intentional?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• APWhite
                    Adept
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Netbrian
                    I'm attaching another savefile from the most recent borg -- I think it's also related to command flushing.

In addition to this, in the last two weeks or so, the borg start obsessively comparing her equipment and inventory. In particular, she'll compare her wielded torch of brightness with her fuel torches, or her melee weapon with her digger. Is this behavior intentional?
                    Borg_verbose is turned on. Turn it off in borg.txt. He just gives more reports in verbose_mode.
                    St George Chiropractor
                    Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Zappa
                      Apprentice
                      • Feb 2008

I cant get him to try to boost Eriril. When I use 024^zo He recognizes Eriril to have +15/+15 which should disqualify it from the enchanting. I will keep an eye on it.
                      I ended up manually dropping it in the dungeon and recalling. She's back to doing normal borg stuff now.

Comment

• thapper
                        Adept
                        • Aug 2008

The Borg in this savefile is stuck for a while, flowing between two floor tiles. Eventually he gets out of it so I guess it is not a bad "bug". Another thing he does, and this I've noticed many times before, it that he casts resist fire and resist cold every time I restart the borg but very rarely (never?) if I let the borg run. It's almost like he believes that the spells last forever (or until he is restarted).
                        Attached Files

Comment

• thapper
                          Adept
                          • Aug 2008

This low-level borg is stuck since he is resting to regain mana close to a yellow j that keep on taking it away from him.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• s0be
                            Apprentice
                            • Jan 2008

Here's a script I whipped together to compile the borg on linux. You need to wget the file as there is a CR/LF issue in borg8.c. The output doesn't say how to correctly start it, so to start it do:

cd ~/src/angborg
                            src/angband -mgcu

I am running this right now.

Comment

• APWhite
                              Adept
                              • Jul 2007

If you know which lines are offending the CR/LF, I'll see what I can do to fix them.
                              St George Chiropractor
                              Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                                Prophet
                                • Apr 2007

If you know which lines are offending the CR/LF, I'll see what I can do to fix them.
                                I just downloaded the 3.2 borg source in my computer, and it looks to me that all of the files have windows-type EOL. (CR/LF).

I'm not sure why borg8.c would be any different than rest of the files.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎