X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by takkaria
    The only thing that counts for stocking purposes is that a slot is used, not the total number of items, so buying out +0 weapons would open up space for more inventory to be added.

And in 3.5-dev, the buyout trick doesn't work in shops where there are infinite stacks of stuff.
    Thanks for the clarification. The only remaining question is why there is a lower amount of !csw, !ccw than previously; is it connected with the guaranteed 40 !clw somehow ?

Comment

• takkaria
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Estie
      Thanks for the clarification. The only remaining question is why there is a lower amount of !csw, !ccw than previously; is it connected with the guaranteed 40 !clw somehow ?
      I don't think it should, looking at the code, but I could be missing something!
      takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

The latest autobuild version at rephial.org/nightlies has a few fixes in now:
        • Shouldn't be any more out-of-bounds crashes
        • Monster fear works again
        • A bunch of redraw bugs to do with traps and doors have been fixed

Comment

• Raajaton
          Swordsman
          • May 2012

Thanks! I've had a couple of deaths due to supposedly feared monsters.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
            Prophet
            • Apr 2008

Note that the removal of ai_smart made ALL monsters smart. So now anything will try to find a "smart" location for fleeing. It was supposed to be the opposite, no? All other occurences were replaced by FALSE, except for monster fear.
            PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
              Note that the removal of ai_smart made ALL monsters smart. So now anything will try to find a "smart" location for fleeing. It was supposed to be the opposite, no? All other occurences were replaced by FALSE, except for monster fear.
              "Smart" monsters was for spell-casting. It is essentially impossible in a game with infinite monster mana. (Monsters with heal-self just can't be beat. I only one it once, playing a Paladin with an uber-weapon and a huge stack of !rMana and !heal.)

Comment

• fizzix
                Prophet
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                "Smart" monsters was for spell-casting. It is essentially impossible in a game with infinite monster mana. (Monsters with heal-self just can't be beat. I only one it once, playing a Paladin with an uber-weapon and a huge stack of !rMana and !heal.)
                I'm not sure this is correct. There definitely was a birth_ai_smart call when it dealt with fleeing monsters, that has since been removed.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by fizzix
                  I'm not sure this is correct. There definitely was a birth_ai_smart call when it dealt with fleeing monsters, that has since been removed.
                  OK I didn't know this. The real problem with birth_ai_smart was its effect on monster spell-casting. Any monster with heal-self became nearly unkillable.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2008

Yeah all birth_ai_smart calls were removed (disabled) so monsters don't behave "smartly" now. Except when fleeing: the birth_ai_smart behavior has been kept.
                    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• takkaria
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                      Yeah all birth_ai_smart calls were removed (disabled) so monsters don't behave "smartly" now. Except when fleeing: the birth_ai_smart behavior has been kept.
                      That was the case up until my commits yesterday, but now 'smart' fleeing is turned off too. It was a mistake that it wasn't in the first place.

Comment

• Raajaton
                        Swordsman
                        • May 2012

Were Potions of Lost Memories recently re-instituted into the game? I just found one on the latest 3.5-dev nightly, and I can't remember the last time I came across one in any of my games since coming back to Angband.

Comment

• Derakon
                          Prophet
                          • Dec 2009

As far as I'm aware, they've always been in the game. They're one of the few remaining bad potions.

Comment

• Raajaton
                            Swordsman
                            • May 2012

Ahh ok, I guess I've just been fortunate enough to not get any in my recent games, or perhaps I found them late enough to where I was already able to just identify everything I got on pickup and didn't remember. This one came pretty early so it was ID'd it by use.

Comment

• Estie
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2008

Has anyone found these ?

Ringil -> Lead-Filled Mace of Mornur
                              Feanor -> Whip 'Daithissa'
                              Deathwreaker -> Battle Axe 'Anolmen'
                              Bladeturner -> Power Dragon Scale Mail of Palvan

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Competition 138 is now officially over; congratulations to fizzix for winning, and to clouded and Estie for game wins, and an honorable mention to myshkin for just running out of time with a potential winner.
                                One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                                In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎