Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Another bug: Priest recharge spell has fixed power 15. (Scroll has power 50.)
    But Priest spell description includes "increases with [player] level". One or the other is wrong. (I think the implementation in a deep spellbook should not be weaker than the scroll.)

Edit: the only reason I checked is because the comp character required a lot of magic device use.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Complainer says: Too many random flags; not enough ESP.
      Please remove Feather Falling!

Comment

• Gorbad
        Apprentice
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by takkaria
        What platform are you using?
        Windows XP SP 3 (work laptop.. shhh!), laptop kb without numpad, which maps the numpad to Fn+(789uiojkl), angband version -v3.5-dev-266-g802a4d5.

Occasional crashes when moving into a direction, has not occured (yet?) with attacking or altering, but that could very well be due to moving happening more often. Anecdotal experience seems to indicate it happens more often in town.

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Also: Checkerboard vaults rock! (7400')
          • =Speed(+8)
          • 2 !Augmentation
          • Law DSM
          • Sling of Buckland (x4) (+16,+25) <+5,+2> +2 shots (Best possible ego missile launcher!)

I am having a lot of fun with this character, mostly because of DEX/CON swap. If not for that, he'd be dead 5x over. (I counted.)

Recommendation: don't give "default" stats for competitions. Low CON is killer in speed games.

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Some artifacts still broken:
            Large Metal Shield of Uradh [12,+41]
            Dropped by Ar-Pharazon the Golden at 4750'
            Provides resistance to acid.
            Really, AC bonus should have maximum fraction of value for armor;
            Damage bonus should have minimum part of value for most weapons (especially bows.)
            Last edited by Pete Mack; April 26, 2013, 09:56.

Comment

• Gorbad
              Apprentice
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gorbad
              Windows XP SP 3 (work laptop.. shhh!), laptop kb without numpad, which maps the numpad to Fn+(789uiojkl), angband version -v3.5-dev-266-g802a4d5.

Occasional crashes when moving into a direction, has not occured (yet?) with attacking or altering, but that could very well be due to moving happening more often. Anecdotal experience seems to indicate it happens more often in town.
              Further checking shows the issue is not with the directional key, but actually with moving wtihin 2 squares of the *top* edge of the map. Other edges are fine. I also tested this in the dungeon, and the issue is there as well.

Comment

• LostTemplar
                Knight
                • Aug 2009

There was a thread already about this bug, however nobody bothers to fix two lines of code.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Gorbad
                  Further checking shows the issue is not with the directional key, but actually with moving wtihin 2 squares of the *top* edge of the map. Other edges are fine. I also tested this in the dungeon, and the issue is there as well.
                  This sounds like the cave_wall() bug. It has not been fixed as I can tell (the x/y parameters have been changed, but there's still no bounds checking). See: http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=6018
                  PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                    Bug report 2:
                    I am in a hallway a bit outside of a room with 2 Dracolisks. I'd like them to come out so I can teleport them away. But they are unable to bash down the door. (??)
                    If the door is jammed, it may take up to 16 tries before the door crashes open.
                    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Pete Mack
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

Made stupid error at 4800' and killed Harowen. I am scumming the level for summoning traps; he could have supplied them indefinitely :/

Edit: Found Greater Demonic Q. It will do just fine.
                      Last edited by Pete Mack; April 26, 2013, 21:41.

Comment

• OOD Town drunk
                        Adept
                        • Feb 2013

Another thing -- in case you haven't noticed, you only need 1/2 as many ?Recall. (Just take the stairs for the trip down.)

Also: Teleport level sometimes takes you up a level.
                        That is serious. I would have never noticed! Thanks

Comment

• OOD Town drunk
                          Adept
                          • Feb 2013

Complainer says: Too many random flags; not enough ESP.
                          Please remove Feather Falling!
                          I don't know what is more useful: A high charisma, or featherfalling. My favorite is sustain charisma. Charisma is handy for the stat gain/stat loss potions, about 1/5th of the time.

Comment

• OOD Town drunk
                            Adept
                            • Feb 2013

Some artifacts still broken:

Really, AC bonus should have maximum fraction of value for armor;
                            Damage bonus should have minimum part of value for most weapons (especially bows.)
                            I've seen quite a few random artifacts like that. Some that don't even provide acid resist. Usually with an AC bonus in the 40's.

Comment

• OOD Town drunk
                              Adept
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by fizzix
                              I'll break out the headphones and try to record some this weekend.
                              I am looking forward to watching. Your kobold rogue playthrough taught me a whole lot on late game strategies, and actually helped me win my first game ever! http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=14171

Comment

• OOD Town drunk
                                Adept
                                • Feb 2013

This forced decent option that we are using has given me an interesting suggestion. There could be a birth option for what we could think of as a "Downward Only" spiral staircase. Having every level start with the only staircase at your feet and always being down. So you can dive as quickly as you would like, but you should be careful due to not having the option of going back up. Just a thought I thought I would share

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎