X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fendell Orcbane
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Estie
    Warriors are the hardest class to win with for me. Easy to get to level 30, but a pain in the endgame. And the endgame takes longer than the first 30 levels.

I think I´d go: priest > wizard > ranger > paladin > rogue > warrior

Im a bit uncertain about order of half-csters, but the 2 true casters are definitely top. And priest has the easiest auto-pilot
    I'd have to play a priest but I found that it was really hard to get over the first half of the game with a mage. I had to be super careful at all times. If you run into Orcs in the early game that could kill you right there.

Comment

• PowerDiver
      Prophet
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Fendell Orcbane
      I'd have to play a priest but I found that it was really hard to get over the first half of the game with a mage. I had to be super careful at all times. If you run into Orcs in the early game that could kill you right there.
      You get teleport self at CL7, and detect monsters whenever you want it. You might get very unlucky, but usually you should be able to avoid orcs with a mage.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
        Back to warriors are the easiest class...
        Unless you play a very conservative game, it's just not so.
        I'll rephrase that: "Unless you are not diving, it's just not so."

Warriors are easy class. One of the easiest. I'd put it in third position in difficulty factor.

Priests, Rangers, Warriors, Paladins, Mages, Rogues.

Not sure about mages after they got their spells changed, haven't played them. Also for some reason I can't get comfortable with rogues. Not good enough spellcaster, not good enough melee-fighter and not good enough archer. Jack of all trades, master of none. Many edges, all of them blunt. Priests are just plain easy, rangers have artillery without comparison combined with spells that are more than enough for fighter of that caliber. One is excellent survivalist, other has ranged attack without comparison. That's why they are in front of warrior. Paladin fails in both compared to warrior, but has advantage of better fighting skills and HP over mage and rogue.

Point with warriors is not that damage output so much as easiness of maxing the vital stats early. No need to max spellcasting because there is no spellcasting, you get very good bonus to STR, DEX and CON from start and can actually completely ignore the spellcasting stat unlike any other class. They also have best HP-dice and advance in clevel faster than any other class.

They might not be the fastest class, but they definitely are easy class.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
          You get teleport self at CL7, and detect monsters whenever you want it. You might get very unlucky, but usually you should be able to avoid orcs with a mage.
          Mage weak point is actually late game. Their HP is so low that it makes fighting big opponents difficult. That means a lot of avoidance in situations where other class can fight. Avoidance itself is not a problem with mage (banishments, *destruction*, TO), but tends to get boring really fast.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎