• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SaThaRiel
    Adept
    • Nov 2009

The angband dictionary - oook!

Hi,

as a newbie to this site i have to mention that it is sometime extremely hard to follow some threads here. Words/abbreviations used are not in my usual wording
    So i wondered if there is an angband dictionary to translate/lookup stuff like OOD or even !rpois (know those 2 yet but it takes a lot of time) It would be really helpful to have a link here somewhere.

If there is one than it wasn't easy to find or i searched wrong.
    Proud candidate for the Angband Darwin Award!
  • ekolis
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Heh, I thought you were gonna ask what "oook" meant! I've wondered that myself! :P
    You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
    You are surrounded by a stasis field!
    The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• PowerDiver
      Prophet
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SaThaRiel
      Hi,

as a newbie to this site i have to mention that it is sometime extremely hard to follow some threads here. Words/abbreviations used are not in my usual wording
      So i wondered if there is an angband dictionary to translate/lookup stuff like OOD or even !rpois (know those 2 yet but it takes a lot of time) It would be really helpful to have a link here somewhere.

If there is one than it wasn't easy to find or i searched wrong.
      You are right that there ought to be one.

There was terminology used for a long time in r.g.r.a., and I modified it when I wrote a complete description of a game I played in

What you read here is a mishmash of the two. If you read the start of that, I think I described the reasoning behind how I chose the abbreviations that I used.

Comment

• Tobias
        Adept
        • Dec 2009

Well we do have a wiki over at rephial so we could just start a page with forum abbreviations.
        Maybe even a FAQ too.
        My Angband videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...385E85F31166B2

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎