Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

I always assumed that frogcomposband was just a release named in honor of frog-knows.

Comment

• swim
      Apprentice
      • Mar 2021

At this point, what are the key differences between ComPosBand and FrogComPosBand? Seems they are both getting updates recently but on the surface the games seem the same.

Also, I will be working on a full update of the family tree soon so if anybody has ideas for what could be added let me know

Comment

• Cryomaniac
        Swordsman
        • Jan 2022

Would the Hengband Touhou Katteban be a notable *band? It's a direct offshoot of Hengband; not that well known in Western community, but it's probably the most popular *band after Hengband in Japanese community.

Also, Entroband was a comparatively popular Hengband variant, though it's pretty obscure by now.

Comment

• smbhax
          Swordsman
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by swim
          Also, I will be working on a full update of the family tree soon so if anybody has ideas for what could be added let me know
          The "last updated" dates for Cthangband, TOME, Hengband, Composband, FrogComPosband, Sil-Q, and FAAngband are out of date--they've all been updated in 2021 or 22, I think.
          My Angband videos

Comment

• smbhax
            Swordsman
            • Oct 2021

Hello!

I decided to make a family tree showing the lineage of variants, because I felt that this is something that I really would have liked to have when I was starting to research Angband, but couldn't find one!
            I didn't include every single variant, but just the ones that seemed to be the "main" group.

Check it out here.

My sources were tangar's variants table, RogueBasin, and GitHub pages.

I may add some color coding later but I'm pleased with what I have for now.

Let me know if you see any errors, or if you have any ideas for ways to improve it.
            Oh dang, the file is gone and I didn't save it.
            My Angband videos

Comment

• swim
              Apprentice
              • Mar 2021

Originally posted by smbhax
              Oh dang, the file is gone and I didn't save it.
              Updated the link

Comment

• smbhax
                Swordsman
                • Oct 2021

Updated the link
                Thanks! : D Wanted to take a closer look at the NPPAngband relations. : )

(My interest in NPPAngband picked up earlier this week when I found it out had a "demake" to "NPPMoria" in it. ^_^ That QT interface is kind of nutty, though--but I couldn't get the older curses version to compile in Cygwin: ran into an "-lSDL" compile error, even though I'd disabled all the SDL stuff, and even installed SDL. : P)
                Last edited by smbhax; March 19, 2022, 00:07.
                My Angband videos

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍