X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJNyfalt
    Swordsman
    • May 2007

Looking for variant with these features

I remember reading about two features that I would like study some more, sadly I can't remember which variant has them.

So which variants has:
    - Option to choose between gold and pre-determined equipment at startup.
    - Level feelings separated into good feelings for items and bad feelings for monsters.
    ?
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJNyfalt
    - Option to choose between gold and pre-determined equipment at startup.
    IIRC this is Eddie Grove's patch to Vanilla, available from somewhere as 3.0.9e. not sure about the other one, but it may be Eddie as well. I'm so helpful today.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• CJNyfalt
      Swordsman
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Nick
      IIRC this is Eddie Grove's patch to Vanilla, available from somewhere as 3.0.9e. not sure about the other one, but it may be Eddie as well. I'm so helpful today.
      Thanks. I managed to find 3.0.9e, but sadly it's not in it.

Comment

• PowerDiver
        Prophet
        • Mar 2008

Thanks. I managed to find 3.0.9e, but sadly it's not in it.
        The starting gold thing is really recent. It might be in "3.0.9ef", or maybe not, that magnate distributed. I do not remember reading about it in any variant.

I believe it has made it into the 3.1 dev version [as an option] from comments posted to rgra, but I have never looked at 3.1 code. It is a pretty trivial coding change.

I cannot help with level feelings. I tend to ignore any comments about them.

Comment

• CJNyfalt
          Swordsman
          • May 2007

Originally posted by PowerDiver
          The starting gold thing is really recent. It might be in "3.0.9ef", or maybe not, that magnate distributed. I do not remember reading about it in any variant.

I believe it has made it into the 3.1 dev version [as an option] from comments posted to rgra, but I have never looked at 3.1 code. It is a pretty trivial coding change.
          I agree that it's recent, but I can't find where it's posted.

Took a look at 3.1 dev, and managed to find said option. Looking at it I'm quite sure it was what I was thinking about, but I also realize that it's really the reverse of what I wanted. Thanks.

I cannot help with level feelings. I tend to ignore any comments about them.
          The level feeling stuff should be older, 2005-2007 or something like that.

Comment

• Magnate
            Angband Devteam member
            • May 2007

The cash/kit choice is not in the 3.0.9ef that I built - it's newer than that.
            The level feeling stuff should be older, 2005-2007 or something like that.
            I think I remember this discussion on rgra. I thought it was Jeff Greene, but my memory is probably no better than anyone else's.

CC
            "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• CJNyfalt
              Swordsman
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Magnate

I think I remember this discussion on rgra. I thought it was Jeff Greene, but my memory is probably no better than anyone else's.

CC
              I checked the latest the beta of NPP, but the feeling stuff looks like the normal code (except for the feelings for special levels, of course).

I managed to find at least one discussion about searching Google groups where it was suggested by LucFrench:

And also suggested again five years later by camlost:

Was it only discussed, but never implemented?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎