[Announce] Oposband 0.1.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DavidMedley
    replied
    - Can now see/browse what race/class powers the character will get at what level.
    That would be great. Lot of interesting stuff in here!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwarl
    replied
    Originally posted by EpicMan
    Chaos Patron behavior is unchanged from FrogComposband, which may mean many rewards are not well-balanced for mage characters. I need to do more playtesting.
    Composband chaos patrons otoh have been reworked to have a balance of rewards useful to both chaos warriors and chaos mages.

    So this isn't a composband chaos mage, it's closer to a mage with chaotic personality from frogcomposband.

    I will try again putting this online later, please allow me my pedantry, I did a lot of work on chaos patrons.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Ster--
    Constructive criticism, this ain't. I suspect there are some valid points in here, but this isn't the way to make friends and influence people.

    You had a fine start:
    Originally posted by ster
    Hi there's a lot of good quality of life additions in this variant, I especially like killing ID and ID in a way that doesn't give players any choice but doesn't break the game like CPB gwarlvision and also removing random HP rolls.
    Kind of neutral on spell learning as long as the garbage legacy proficiency system remains.
    But then it went downhill fast into really boneheaded ad hominem attacks.

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Ster,

    Thanks for trying out my variant, and also pointing out specific issues (Wyrms being OOD in dragon caves, V breath changes that affect damage output, etc). I will examine those criticisms and correct where I feel is necessary.

    But all of the ad hominem attacks you sprinkle in a me and Gwarl and Chris (neither of whom are involved in this variant, just its predecessors) are uncalled for and incredibly rude. They undermine your message and drown it out in anger. I welcome your opinion on specific features and balance in general, but I will not respond to such rude messages in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Something that was probably lost in Ster being an asshole. Wizard mode a character down to Tiamat+escort if you want to take a look at what great wyrms summoning is going to translate too.

    Congrats on getting this done by the way. Will have a play sometime when I get a chance.

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwarl
    Sort of skeptical that this is a composband chaos mage, if composband patron behaviour hasn't been copied.
    Chaos Patron behavior is unchanged from FrogComposband, which may mean many rewards are not well-balanced for mage characters. I need to do more playtesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwarl
    hissatsu.c fails to compile.
    Oops, that file should not be included, it was replaced with samurai.c
    You can safely delete it.

    I will remove it in the next update.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by ster
    snipped
    I get that this sort of attitude is your thing, ster, but this forum aims to be constructive. Your post has already been reported once. So if you want to keep posting here, please leave the trash talking and abuse at the door.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kruzifixxion
    replied
    Go ster!

    Leave a comment:


  • debo
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    To be honest complaining about balance in a variant called OPband seems a little odd...
    Haha That's my kind of joke.

    Leave a comment:


  • Derakon
    replied
    Originally posted by ster
    you can't balance for shit.

    If your balls had dropped

    And Warhammer, Warhammer can fuck off.

    Have you ever tried playing with your own allocation versus the defaults?

    Revert this absolute fucking travesty

    Some of it really shows that you haven't played the game at all.

    But what would you know of V anyway? You have no wins.

    Have you actually played a PCBlike at all in any capacity?

    you are not suitable for a variant maintainer

    If I have to breathe down your neck every major release to tell you your changes are dogshit

    tl;dr Go fuck yourself and fuck off back to CDDA
    You're an asshole. Fuck off. Your attitude and words are not welcome here.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    To be honest complaining about balance in a variant called OPband seems a little odd...

    Leave a comment:


  • debo
    replied
    Originally posted by ster
    I will break it to you: you can't balance for shit.

    ... a whole bunch of other rudeness
    We've had a long run of running a great forum without any edgelords gumming up the works. Can we not start now please?

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwarl
    replied
    hissatsu.c fails to compile.

    hissatsu.c:142:36: error: ‘player_type {aka struct player_type}’ has no member named ‘spell_learned1’

    Leave a comment:


  • ster
    replied
    Like I said finish your variant before you white knight it without justification.

    It's a direct quote.
    Last edited by ster; December 17, 2019, 11:55.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕