[Announce] Oposband 0.1.0
Collapse
X
-
Skill masters always needed the kendo books to cast to begin with, didn't they?Leave a comment:
-
Sickness and work have limited my time on this more recently.
Gwarl, I will drop by some time I have more time. Thanks for getting it up an running.
Ster, would restoring the books, but needing them to cast the spells, be an acceptable solution for you?
Wobbly,
I'll look into it.Leave a comment:
-
Crash bug
posband: inv.c:149: inv_filter_floor: Assertion 'obj->k_idx' failed.Leave a comment:
-
Skillmaster can't use kendo whatsoever because the books were deleted but you can still put points in the realm.Leave a comment:
-
It works now. Up on angband.live.
Drop by and say hello and I can sort you out with an update button for the version running on the site.Leave a comment:
-
The latest version on Github has removed the summons that were added.The Dragon quest in angweil is MUCH harder than it was because dragons can now summon.
Dragons should only summon 1 other dragon at most imo or maybe only summon ones <= their level. Summoning dragons is a cool idea, but this is too much since they already have high HP and damage.
I had an Ancient dragon Summon Scatha, a later one summoned Glaurung, and another one summoned a great Crystal Drake, making the quest unwinnable.Leave a comment:
-
The Dragon quest in angweil is MUCH harder than it was because dragons can now summon.
Dragons should only summon 1 other dragon at most imo or maybe only summon ones <= their level. Summoning dragons is a cool idea, but this is too much since they already have high HP and damage.
I had an Ancient dragon Summon Scatha, a later one summoned Glaurung, and another one summoned a great Crystal Drake, making the quest unwinnable.Leave a comment:
-
I will add keeping the chaos patron to the changelist for the next version. It is going to break savefiles anyway so this is a good time for it.Quickstarting a chaos character will give you a random patron, same as the latest version of Composband, which isn't a good thing with how varied they are.
Though, changing that will break savefiles according to Gwarl, so it might be something you want to do soon-ish...?
Currently Hengband and its derivatives have a giant s_info.txt file with start/max proficiencies for up to 64 types of diggers, launchers, swords, polearms, and hafted weapons, for each class. Along with tons of special casing for races, subclasses, mutations and personalities where that matters.
I am replacing that whole system with proficiencies for a whole class of weapons, more or less corresponding to the weaponmaster specializations. So you build proficiencies for all swords, or all axes, instead of individual types. Then those starting and max proficiency values will be stored in the class_t structures and set at birth, removing the need for all the special casing.Leave a comment:
-
Quickstarting a chaos character will give you a random patron, same as the latest version of Composband, which isn't a good thing with how varied they are.
Though, changing that will break savefiles according to Gwarl, so it might be something you want to do soon-ish...?Leave a comment:
-
-
It compiles now, but trying to run it gives a 'Fatal Error'...
I'll investigate further after the server move is finished.Leave a comment:
-
I think munchkin is meant to be sort of a joke personality, though it certainly acts as an easy mode for trying stuff out. It was pretty heavily nerfed in an earlier version of Poschengband (I think?), back in the Hengband days it gave +10(!) to all stats.Can I suggest to nerf the Munchkin personality? It doesn't even feel like playing the same type of character at all, rather than a way to get the feel of them quickly.
Start with 10K gold, so you cant just buy out the black market.
+2 each stat, so like unlucky but good at skills
75% exp mod, so you don't level up over and over from casting spells for the first time.
I don't mind reducing the XP bonus though. And in this variant you don't get XP for casting new spells, so that helps offset it a bit.Leave a comment:
-
Some items were commented out in the k_info files to stop them from spawning in but that broke the tiles pref files. I have uploaded fixed versions of graf-xxx.pref and graf-new.pref, but you can fix your local copy by finding and commenting out (or removing) these lines:
graf-xxx.pref:
4550 K:70:18:0x86/0x82
5039 K:106:0:0x03/0x3F
5042 K:106:1:0x03/0x3F
5045 K:106:2:0x07/0x3F
5048 K:106:2:0x07/0x3F
graf-new.pref
1026. K:70:18:0x83/0x9D
1899. K:106:0:0x03/0x3F
1902. K:106:1:0x03/0x3F
1905. K:106:1:0x03/0x3F
1908. K:106:3:0x07/0x3FLeave a comment:
-
Can I suggest to nerf the Munchkin personality? It doesn't even feel like playing the same type of character at all, rather than a way to get the feel of them quickly.
Start with 10K gold, so you cant just buy out the black market.
+2 each stat, so like unlucky but good at skills
75% exp mod, so you don't level up over and over from casting spells for the first time.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: