[Announce] Oposband 0.1.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • grodrigues
    replied
    Just in case it helps, here is the error about graf-xxx that I just got (using new 0.1.2):

    Code:
    The Tax collector dies. You just completed your quest! Error 1 in line
    4549 of file 'C:\games\oposband\lib\pref\graf-xxx.prf'. Parsing       
    'K:70:18:0x86/0x82'-more-

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    Hint for hosting on github: if you tag the commit where you introduce a new version, github will call that a release, and you can add the precompiled zip there instead of having to have a subdirectory for them.
    Thanks. I will do that for the next version update.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Hint for hosting on github: if you tag the commit where you introduce a new version, github will call that a release, and you can add the precompiled zip there instead of having to have a subdirectory for them.

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Version 0.1.2 has fixed makefiles and corrects a dumb savefile error. Link in OP is updated.

    Oposband was forked from FrogComposband which uses a word as its third version number (i.e. 7.1.Chocolate). When I converted the versioning to all numbers (0.1.0) I missed a pair of messages about saving and loading a version "%d.%d.%s" savefile in the code. This apparently works ok if the number 0 is translated to a string, but crashes the game if the last number is nonzero.

    Leave a comment:


  • grodrigues
    replied
    Originally posted by EpicMan
    I don't think I have changed the graphics code any, so I'm not sure why Oposband would behave any differently than Frog. Were you playing as a monster race or a regular race/class combo?
    Normal character: high-elf sorcerer. FWIW, never had any such problems in Frog, with monster classes or otherwise. Played beholder and angel with no problems.
    Last edited by grodrigues; December 17, 2019, 19:29. Reason: edit: some more details

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by grodrigues
    Using Oposband 0.1.1 in arch linux via wine (to save me compiling). Loading savefiles does not work, the app exits to the terminal.

    There is also some misterious errors in parsing graf-xxx that disappear once I turn off some options like equippy chars. Also, with Adam's bolt tiles, my char is the unenspiring @ instead of the little char as in Frog.

    I also get lots of errors in the terminal (I start the game from it), apparently harmless, of the form:

    0009:fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vfprintf options 24 not handled
    0009:fixme:msvcrt:__stdio_common_vsprintf options 25 not handled
    Grodrigues,
    Failure to load saves happens on Windows as well, whether you open on command line or in-game. I will investigate and get a fix up ASAP. EDIT: Load.c is expected the last version part to be a string and not a number, not sure why it didn't fail before. Should be easy to fix.

    I don't think I have changed the graphics code any, so I'm not sure why Oposband would behave any differently than Frog. Were you playing as a monster race or a regular race/class combo?
    Last edited by EpicMan; December 17, 2019, 19:17.

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwarl
    if you just update Makefile.src to the correct list of .o files (corresponding to the .c files needed) that should probably make it build, if that doesn't solve it I'll help troubleshoot and save you trying to set up a linux build environment.
    Thanks for all the help, Gwarl!

    I have corrected Makefile.src and related files and gotten it to compile on a Red Hat server.
    Fixed build system for Linux (compiled Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.6 (Maipo)). Building via readme.txt instructions no longer creates a binary named frogcomposband.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwarl
    replied
    if you just update Makefile.src to the correct list of .o files (corresponding to the .c files needed) that should probably make it build, if that doesn't solve it I'll help troubleshoot and save you trying to set up a linux build environment.

    Leave a comment:


  • grodrigues
    replied
    A few bugs

    Using Oposband 0.1.1 in arch linux via wine (to save me compiling). Loading savefiles does not work, the app exits to the terminal.

    There is also some misterious errors in parsing graf-xxx that disappear once I turn off some options like equippy chars. Also, with Adam's bolt tiles, my char is the unenspiring @ instead of the little char as in Frog.

    I also get lots of errors in the terminal (I start the game from it), apparently harmless, of the form:

    0009:fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__stdio_common_vfprintf options 24 not handled
    0009:fixme:msvcrt:__stdio_common_vsprintf options 25 not handled

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Gwarl,
    I have not built this on Linux and have not updated the Makefiles. I will work on that next, and on making sure it builds with the right variant name.
    Last edited by EpicMan; December 17, 2019, 16:09. Reason: Typo

    Leave a comment:


  • Gwarl
    replied
    You need to remove hissatsu.o from Makefile.src.

    Following that, I get tthe following errors:

    chaos_warrior.o: In function `_gain_level':
    /home/angband/games/oposband/0.1.1/src/chaos_warrior.c:39: undefined reference to `chaos_patron_reward'
    classes.o: In function `get_class_aux':
    /home/angband/games/oposband/0.1.1/src/classes.c:79: undefined reference to `blue_mage_get_class'
    /home/angband/games/oposband/0.1.1/src/classes.c:112: undefined reference to `imitator_get_class'
    /home/angband/games/oposband/0.1.1/src/classes.c:220: undefined reference to `chaos_mage_get_class'
    /home/angband/games/oposband/0.1.1/src/classes.c:223: undefined reference to `hexblade_get_class'
    which may be related to non-maintenance of the linux build? you probably need to also add entries for the new source files as well as removing the old.

    my final point is that it would be good form to have the executable produced by the build named oposband rather than frogcomposband by default.

    Leave a comment:


  • EpicMan
    replied
    Oposband 0.1.1 update

    Version 0.1.1 released, link to precompiled zip is updated in first post.

    Changes are mostly based on the feedback received above, thanks to Wobbley, Pete Mack, TauzentBlitz, and anyone else that commented on this variant.

    Fixed starting stats has been reverted to the normal PCB system. My long-term idea was to adjust the systems so average stats were OK for early game combat, casting, etc but just chopping off the choice at birth without doing any of the rebalancing was not a good start.

    I have also removed the summoning spells from the ancients & great wyrms that didn't have them before, as well as increased the start & end depths for the Dragon's lair to allow the great wyrms of chaos/law/balance to be in-depth there.

    I also added the Composband chaos patrons code so Chaos Mages should play much the same now and chaos rewards can be a bit more useful for mages. Help files were updated and links to the chaos patrons helpfile have been placed in the chaos mage & warrior sections of Classes.txt.

    Since the Silver, Gold and Bronze dragons did not have corresponding great wyrms I have added them (Procrastination, Dissonance and Perplexity, respectively).

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Fixed starting stats are indeed a problem, and it has nothing to do with Psions per se. Experienced players want more CON to start for better midgame power, whilst newbies will go for more initial character power. This is a variant-independent phenomenon.

    Leave a comment:


  • TauzentBlitz
    replied
    Originally posted by EpicMan
    -Reversed pack AI settings for animals and sentient beings, so the latter will try to lure healthy players into rooms while the latter will hunt you down. Idea from Sil
    wat

    Typos aside, it does look pretty neat so far. Not being able to change your starting stats is a pretty big problem for Psions since they can be played as a warrior/archer/mage using int/wis/chr to cast spells and a single stat spread can't really cope with all that

    Leave a comment:


  • Destro
    replied
    I didn't realize that there were 'requirements' to be a variant maintainer, lol. And, I didn't realize that there was a 'competition' between the variant maintainers, lol x2.

    Happy to see this variant! Exciting stuff!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕