Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zikke
    Veteran
    • Jun 2008

One thing I've noticed in the last few days is that a couple of the items in my pack that should stack don't stack. I picked up (over the course of a few trips through dlvl 99) 3 scrolls of Mass Genocide, but two of them stack together and one of them don't.

Also, I have two _ManaStorm but they don't stack even though they should and all my other devices stack.

Is this by design? I'm out of bag space
    A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
    A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
    C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Psi
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
      One thing I've noticed in the last few days is that a couple of the items in my pack that should stack don't stack. I picked up (over the course of a few trips through dlvl 99) 3 scrolls of Mass Genocide, but two of them stack together and one of them don't.

Also, I have two _ManaStorm but they don't stack even though they should and all my other devices stack.

Is this by design? I'm out of bag space
      Have you cast a proofing spell over any of the items by any chance? Once they are element proofed they only stack with items that are similarly proofed. It is a somewhat unfortunate flaw with proofing IMHO and means I never dare use it because slots are so important.

Comment

• Zikke
        Veteran
        • Jun 2008

Aaaah that may very well be it. Well damn, I guess I either need to dump one of them or proof EVERYTHING.

We'll see if I feel like embracing moderation today

Comment

• pav
          Administrator
          • Apr 2007

I don't bother picking up ordinary copies once I get a fireproof one. (Being theft-proof helps, too.)
          See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz

Comment

• Zikke
            Veteran
            • Jun 2008

Well these are things I'd like to stack, like scrolls of Mass Genocide, etc. Would be pretty slick if the game would just keep track of which if any in a stack are proofed, even if there's no easy way to show the player that info.

Comment

• Psi
              Knight
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by pav
              I don't bother picking up ordinary copies once I get a fireproof one. (Being theft-proof helps, too.)
              Unfortunately you can't become theftproof in O-variants. I think there's a 95% cap.

Comment

• Zikke
                Veteran
                • Jun 2008

Really? I haven't been picked in many many weeks. Maybe I've been super lucky...

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Aaaah that may very well be it. Well damn, I guess I either need to dump one of them or proof EVERYTHING.
                  Another thing you can do is order proofing scrolls from a Travelling Merchant and proof the lot. I'll think about having them stack.
                  One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                  In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• buzzkill
                    Prophet
                    • May 2008

What's the point of a potion of Self Knowledge? I thought that in addition to the info available through [~,6] (player self knowledge) it ID'd all your items, but apparently not.
                    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Psi
                      Knight
                      • Apr 2007

It is not really that useful now ?*Id* has gone. !*Enlightenment* ids your pack.

Comment

• Zikke
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2008

So I just got a Power Dragon Scale Mail in a dlvl 99 vault, but when I put it on it says my movement is encumbered. Is there any way for me to get around this? Or am I doomed to never be able to wear PDSM on my mage?

Also, I have dumped my proofed _Healing and found 2 more, but those two new ones still don't stack even though they're not proofed.... *confused*

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

So I just got a Power Dragon Scale Mail in a dlvl 99 vault, but when I put it on it says my movement is encumbered. Is there any way for me to get around this? Or am I doomed to never be able to wear PDSM on my mage?
                          Basically, no. Encumbrance will reduce your mana, and the more encumbereed, the more it will reduce; you can regain some mana by wearing lighter armour in your other armour slots, but in the end this is a tradeoff for spellcasters.

If it's any comfort, DSMs are getting an overhaul for the next version, and your comments will be taken into consideration

Also, I have dumped my proofed _Healing and found 2 more, but those two new ones still don't stack even though they're not proofed.... *confused*
                          Staves only stack if they have the same number of charges (rationale - they are bulky, unlike wands and rods), and hence identical items. Inventory rules are horribly inconsistent with realism - this is just another example.
                          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Psi
                            Knight
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
                            If it's any comfort, DSMs are getting an overhaul for the next version, and your comments will be taken into consideration
                            Not wanting to dampen any hopes, but PDSM is very light for its AC - only 20lbs for a massive 40+ AC as compared to 38lbs for 25+ AC on Full Plate Mail and 22lbs for 14+ AC on chainmail.

I am not convinced it should be lighter still. If a mage wants to wear dragon armour without encumbrance then they need to take the armour proficiency speciality - IIRC this allows 35lbs without encumbrance rather than 25lbs.

Comment

• Zikke
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2008

I ended up wearing the PDSM even with the encumbrance; the resistance is worth it when fighting WDPs and other tasty monsters. I am going to experiment to see if I start to get annoyed by the lower mana, but thus far it hasn't been a problem.

Are there any other drawbacks to encumbrance? Or just the mana hit

Comment

• Donald Jonker
                                Knight
                                • Jun 2008

Door closing crash

XP Bug: closing doors crashes the game.

I'm not sure if it happens all the time, because I only just recently made it to a dungeon period. I had been on a mission to get a high-elf warrior into a dungeon, and finally succeeded.

I'm pretty sure I hit "c" then "up". I believe it was the first time I've ever tried to close a door in FA. It crashed and then nuked my sav file. When I reloaded my save file, it started up character creation.

Shucks.

EDIT: I've pinpointed the problem. Closing *broken* doors invariably crashes the game. It happens in O-110u as well, but in that case it doesn't reset my sav file.
                                Bands, / Those funny little plans / That never work quite right.
                                -Mercury Rev

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍