X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoVirtuoso
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by wobbly
    Do you normally get a message "...foo guards this level" for the chameleon lord in chameleon caves? If so there's a bug when entering the level by tele-level, as I didn't receive the message.
    Did that happen only with the Chameleon cave? Or this happened with other dungeons too?
    My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Regalia
      Apprentice
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by poschengbandplayer
      Is there any way to activate "automatically clear more prompts"?
      it isnt in the options anymore
      I'd like to know that one too. I don't think you can.

if i activate only random artifacts,can they be generated with spell power increase bonus?like f.e beruthiel and athena
      You can get +spellpower on some items that's for sure. Not sure if only on specific ego items or if on randarts too (I think lights can get it). Certainly not on all item types. Lights, rings, amulets, crowns and that's probably it. Nowhere near the number that's on beruthiel though.

Comment

• poschengbandplayer
        Apprentice
        • Apr 2014

thanks for the replies,guys!

so,was anything balanced to counteract the resistance decrease?are high resistances more common now?

ps:i cant imagine surviving an encounter with cyberdemons or spectral wyrms now ._.
        Last edited by poschengbandplayer; January 12, 2016, 11:16.

Comment

• Tulip
          Scout
          • Apr 2014

On my shield-master of Demeter I took weapon versatility so I could get a good boost of accuracy.

Unfortunately, my mastery seems to reset to Beginner for some odd reason.

Is this a bug?

Dump for reference:

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

thanks for the replies,guys!

so,was anything balanced to counteract the resistance decrease?are high resistances more common now?

ps:i cant imagine surviving an encounter with cyberdemons or spectral wyrms now ._.
            Imo, resistances seem to be more common on Amulets and Rings (Well, that's I thought)

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• mewmew
              Apprentice
              • Jul 2014

haven't played for a while, reading the forum it seems the balance was seriously broken with this resistances nerf (what, as if that 'gather a gazillion of resistances not to be one-shot' game wasn't hard already) and with the seeming abundance of accidental permanent race changes (as if stat swapping wasn't bad already)...

well, i have an unfinished character in ~3.4 and can always stick to that version too

Comment

• debo
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

I've played a few characters reasonably far and I haven't noticed that the resistance thing was that big a change. I haven't been hit by a cyberdemon rocket yet, either
                Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Take a stroll to the Glass castle and tell me how much those Ethereal dragons hurt

Comment

• wobbly
                    Prophet
                    • May 2012

I quite like the resistance changes. Some things are more dangerous, yesh but long term you have to deal with things like black reavers that will mana storm you anyway & uniques with psycho-spear.

Comment

• Regalia
                      Apprentice
                      • Dec 2008

I'm miffed that magic resistance no longer applies to breaths. So golems are now as vulnerable to breathers as any other character.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Regalia
                        I'm miffed that magic resistance no longer applies to breaths. So golems are now as vulnerable to breathers as any other character.
                        I am surprised about this too. So this effectively makes the Spellwarp Automaton form not as magic-resistant anymore?

Comment

• Regalia
                          Apprentice
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
                          I am surprised about this too. So this effectively makes the Spellwarp Automaton form not as magic-resistant anymore?
                          I think so. I can't think of any pieces of equipment that can cover that gap. It's time to start stacking health.

Comment

• Tulip
                            Scout
                            • Apr 2014

Shield master activates don't seem all that useful. Desperation is plain inferior to healing potions. Sanctuary seems far too situation, and only seems useful for delving into a mass of enemies (that don't have dispel magic or psycho spear) to retrieve an artifact.

Some more shield-based abilities like parrying and riposting would be nice.

Comment

• wobbly
                              Prophet
                              • May 2012

The default settings in the mogiminator for a red-mage mark every realm's 1st book as @ma which doesn't really work so well.

Comment

• Destro
                                Rookie
                                • Jan 2016

A lot of stuff...

Man I don't understand survivability in this game at all.

Just a bit of background my best char was a level 33 monk who died post-boss in lonely mountain on floor 40 while farming... because I'm dumb. I'm still working on my strategies and improving but it seems so hard to survive.

Base hp feels so low in comparison to damage taken. It's fine if there are 1-2 mobs but as soon as a pack of anything attacks you then you need to teleport away. And well, I do mean that for the mid-tier monsters that start showing up in areas level 40+ and do 50 dmg, or more, a hit/breath/spell/etc. Potions of critical healing become useless way too fast so there is 0 chance of outhealing any damage and potions of healing are gated by RNG so good luck with that. You pretty much need to have a heal from your class or be able to kill everything super fast (Berserker) to have any chance.

I've tried to make mage work so many times and I can get a mage to level 20+ in the wilderness. But as soon I as I take that mage into stronghold (like seriously) I die before I can complete it. Teleporting away works well for a while until you teleport into a pack of mobs and die before you can even make a move. Also, any fast mob that you can't kill fast is a nightmare. I just can't fathom how to make mage work, even after trying so many builds. And fighting against a monster that summons other monsters? Yeah that's impossible. :|

I saw the change to resistances on breaths so I tried to take up demigod evasion to be able to better handle hounds and dragons in the mid-game. But the breaths are still having their effects! From a logical standpoint I don't get how I'm dodging these breaths and then my flasks are getting broken from earth hound shards, or teleported from nexus breath, etc. Is that a bug?

Are monk skills bugged to show up at the wrong levels? Like, my monk didn't get any of his 'low level' skills until he already had genbu stance at level 25+.

Just some thoughts I've had for a while now while playing the game pretty hardcore this past week. Hopefully I can beat this game at least once if I ever get a tier three book other than Harps of Rivendale to drop. I'm going to keep playing monk and try out ninja some more since those seem to be the only viable classes right now, at least from my perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎